Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 31, 2024, 10:45:15 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  2012 coaching carousel
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: 2012 coaching carousel  (Read 7059 times)
Landshark
« on: January 01, 2012, 11:35:39 pm »

Here's a thread where we can discuss fired coaches and their replacements.

So far, Del Rio in Jacksonville, Haley in KC, and Sparano with the Dolphins have gotten the ax.  Here's my predicitons for coaches who will meet a similar fate:

Norv Turner-  This San Diego team has grossly underachieved with the talent that is on its roster.  Time to get a coach in there who knows what he is doing.

Raheem Morris-  I feel bad for this guy as it is only his third year and he had a team supposedly on the rise after last season.  However, you can't justify 10 straight losses to end the season

Jason Garrett-  Jerry Jones can say all he wants to the media, fact is, he is good friends with Jeff Fisher, and the Cowboys, like the Chargers, grossly underachieved despite the talent level and many weapons on offense.

Jim Caldwell-  Having such a dismal season after years of being a perennial playoff team gets him run out of town. 

Steve Spagnuolo- Took some giant steps backward after contending for the divisional crown last season.

Andy Reid-  The walrus mustache put together a "dream team" that quickly became a nightmare.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 08:20:17 am by Landshark » Logged
SportsChick
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 11:51:37 pm »

Reports are that Steve Spagnuolo will be fired tomorrow (Chris Mortenson etc. via twitter)

I'm the girl that makes men jealous of my husband

I hate Red Sox and Patriots bandwagon fans. They give the rest of us a bad name
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 05:30:42 am »

Caldwell's job hinges on whether they keep Manning or go with Luck. If they are going with Luck, then Caldwell is done they will want  a new coach to grow with the new QB
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 09:45:09 am »

I don't think the talent level in Dallas is as good as most people think it is. They have a lot of guys that run very hot and cold. They'll make a couple great plays one week and then look very average 2 weeks in a row.  Maybe that's coaching and maybe that inconsistent play from the players.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 10:43:39 am »

I really don't think Reid should be fired.  That's a mistake, in my opinion.  Bringing together a group of superstars is not easy.  They improved a lot at the seasons' end.  I think that they could be contenders next year without many changes, while keeping Reid.

I drink your milkshake!
tepop84
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 11:26:41 am »

Jim Caldwell is a super retard and should never have gotten that job in the first place. 

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 11:31:43 am »

I really don't think Reid should be fired.  That's a mistake, in my opinion.  Bringing together a group of superstars is not easy.  They improved a lot at the seasons' end.  I think that they could be contenders next year without many changes, while keeping Reid.

Reid isn't getting fired. Not the way they ended the season. They will hire a Mike Nolan or Eric Mangini to run the defense and they will be back in the playoffs/super bowl hunt next year.

The owner in Philly loves Andy he was looking for reason NOT to fire him. He got them with the December they had.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 11:46:28 am »

Philly went 5-3 in the second half of the season, same as Miami and with much more talent at the skill positions. Given that Sparano got fired, it's not inconceivable that Reid would be, IMO. -EK
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 11:55:18 am »

Philly went 5-3 in the second half of the season, same as Miami and with much more talent at the skill positions. Given that Sparano got fired, it's not inconceivable that Reid would be, IMO. -EK

Reid has gone to 4 NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl for that franchise.

Sparano went to 1 playoff  game in 4 years and couldn't crack .500 the rest of his time here

Little different, bad comparison.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 11:57:20 am »

TB just fired Morris
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 12:05:54 pm »

Reid has gone to 4 NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl for that franchise.

Sparano went to 1 playoff  game in 4 years and couldn't crack .500 the rest of his time here

Little different, bad comparison.

Fair enough, but don't qualify your previous statement with "Not the way they ended the season." They ended the season the same was as Miami, and our coach got axed. THAT part of the comparison is completely valid, given the parameters that you set. -EK
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 12:10:24 pm »

Fair enough, but don't qualify your previous statement with "Not the way they ended the season." They ended the season the same was as Miami, and our coach got axed. THAT part of the comparison is completely valid, given the parameters that you set. -EK

don't tell me how to qualify MY statement....It's MY STATEMENT! lol

EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 12:13:36 pm »

Fine, but if you make that statement, it's illogical to debate someone pointing out its incorrectness. Reid may keep his job because of all of his past accomplishments, NOT because he had the same second half record that got another coach canned. -EK
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 12:21:28 pm »

whatever.....

back to the topic. If Norv Turner survives today that dude has nine lives and  ismade of Teflon
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2012, 03:35:43 pm »

Fair enough, but don't qualify your previous statement with "Not the way they ended the season." They ended the season the same was as Miami, and our coach got axed.
This comparison is absurd.

EK, in case you didn't notice, Sparano was fired with 3 games remaining.  Therefore, the end to SPARANO'S season was not 5-3.

And furthermore, Philly's 5-3 end came after a 3-5 run, not a 0-7 run.  So no, it's not even remotely comparable.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray