Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:24:45 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  #1 area of need to address
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: #1 area of need to address  (Read 13905 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2012, 09:09:38 pm »

.......so "in today's pass happy league where #3 CB's are almost starters"  you want Sean Smith to be a #3 CB because you "don't want him on the field that much."

Makes sense

"almost"..... Roll Eyes

A starting safety is on the field all the time. A 3rd CB while might get more playing time now than in years past isn't on the field all the time. That was the point. And I thought using the word "ALMOST" sorta made that clear. Guess not!
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Excuse me while I kiss the sky

Email
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2012, 09:40:03 pm »

"almost"..... Roll Eyes

A starting safety is on the field all the time. A 3rd CB while might get more playing time now than in years past isn't on the field all the time. That was the point. And I thought using the word "ALMOST" sorta made that clear. Guess not!

Damn, so close.  fair enough Mikey

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” -- John Lennon
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2012, 10:28:36 pm »

Obviously, QB is our biggest concern but we are limited in our options this year due to Barkley staying and our draft position.  I'll list some of our options in order of what I'd like to see...

1) Trade the farm for Luck (not likely)
2) Trade up for RG3.  Have him battle it out with Moore for the starting job.
3) Draft Landry Jones.  Have him battle it our with Moore, with Jones likely sitting for a year.
4) Draft a later round QB (Foles, Keenum ect.).  Bring in Flynn and have him battle it out with Moore for the starting gig, while grooming said late round pick.
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2012, 04:06:24 pm »

Obviously, QB is our biggest concern but we are limited in our options this year due to Barkley staying and our draft position.  I'll list some of our options in order of what I'd like to see...

1) Trade the farm for Luck (not likely)
2) Trade up for RG3.  Have him battle it out with Moore for the starting job.
3) Draft Landry Jones.  Have him battle it our with Moore, with Jones likely sitting for a year.
4) Draft a later round QB (Foles, Keenum ect.).  Bring in Flynn and have him battle it out with Moore for the starting gig, while grooming said late round pick.

If Landry Jones comes out this year, I'm all for option number 3. 

Coming out your Junior year and playing the role of back up in the NFL = Playing your Senior season..not from a physical standpoint, but mentally.  IMO anyways.

Moore and Jones could have a "competition" with Moore edging him out to start the regular season.  The 2012 season will be Matt Moore's audition to the world that he can be a starter in the NFL.  Maybe Jones could get some garbage time playing experience and unless Matt Moore throws for over 4,000 yards and over 30 TD's, 2013 and beyond belongs to Landry Jones

That's it, no costly trades.  No ludicrous contracts to screw over our franchise for years to come. 

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” -- John Lennon
suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2012, 05:15:43 pm »

Word locally here is breaking that Landry is staying at OU.

Yea! LOL

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2012, 10:43:28 pm »

Word locally here is breaking that Landry is staying at OU.

Yea! LOL

Which just got confirmed  F'n A dude

DarthHoodie

Belichick already figured it out.

Email
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2012, 08:00:58 am »

Oh geez the Fins have lots of needs---

Head Coach first of all  Tongue

and also:
QB
TE
WR1
OG
OT

SLB (Coverage)
ILB (Burnett is way overrated, and Dansby is slowing down)
DE (Pass Rush)
DT, if Solai leaves
NB or CB3
SS
FS
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2012, 02:47:37 pm »

Oh geez the Fins have lots of needs---

Head Coach first of all  Tongue

and also:
QB
TE
WR1
OG
OT

SLB (Coverage)
ILB (Burnett is way overrated, and Dansby is slowing down)
DE (Pass Rush)
DT, if Solai leaves
NB or CB3
SS
FS

I got Madden 12 for Christmas too

Alwaysdullfan

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2012, 03:54:55 am »

....at this point I dont see the dolphins getting a good QB from the 2012 draft based on their pick, so instead of trying to move up get the best player aviable at 8/9 pick and address the QB situation from free agency, maybe Matt Flynn, but they tried something similar with A.J Feely and he stunk, but my gut tells me RG3 isnt worth their first pick...they got Bess to help Marshall at WRs, but they need someone to pass the ball around to them and Reggie, I just hope they finally get their QB, but by 8th pick best QBs will be gone most likely....
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2012, 06:28:23 pm »

Our biggest need is at GM, then Head Coach.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Dolarltexas

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2012, 02:51:42 am »

For me, it's the playcalling on the offense.  I'm sick of this "defense wins games" mentality that has failed for the last 15 years.  And, is it so hard to understand that when it's 3rd and 8 that you should at least try to get at least 8 yards rather than 2?  It really seems pretty self-explanatory to me. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray