Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:44:53 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Is Carl Peterson coming to the Dolphins?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Is Carl Peterson coming to the Dolphins?  (Read 1484 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: January 03, 2012, 02:29:06 pm »

I don't see it. If it was gonna happen, it would have already happened. Perhaps Ross asked Peterson and he turned him down? Or perhaps Ross really does believe that Ireland is the man to run the show? Either way it doesn't appear that Peterson is gonna be joining the Dolphins anytime soon at least not in an official capacity. What unofficial capacity he may serve Ross is just speculation, nothing more.

Dave Hyde doesn't think it's happening either: http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/hyde/blog/2012/01/hyde5_is_carl_peterson_in_dolp_1.html

"There is a lot of talk - a lot of talk - about Carl Peterson taking over the football side of the Dolphins. But it sure doesn't look like that's happening. Just Monday, Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland released a statement about that began, "Steve Ross and I have a plan in place that is designated to insure that we identify and interview an oustanding set of candidates for the head coaching position." That doesn't sound at all like an organization waiting for someone else to run its football decisions. Ross denied a few weeks ago hiring his good friend, Peterson, in a football czar role. He had Ireland sat beside him in the news conference firing Ireland. He has said Ireland is his man. This is the most important decision Ross will make and, again, it looks like he's made it. Ross's concern is with building an organization he's comfortable with and that's a winner. That starts with Ireland, it seems, no matter the chatter out there.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 02:31:06 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 04:16:48 pm »

here is what armando is just reporting:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2012/01/my-entry.html
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 05:24:33 pm »

Whether he has officially signed a contract or has a title on a business card its pretty damn clear Peterson is working for the Dolphins.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 07:07:24 pm »

Jason La Canfora of NFL Network just reported that Ireland is running a coaching search and Peterson is running a separate coaching search. They are working separately, and if Peterson finds the head coach then Ireland may be done in Miami.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 07:13:14 pm »

^^^^^ I honestly have no idea if that is true but if it is ... how messed up is that?  Undecided

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 07:18:17 pm »

^^^^^ I honestly have no idea if that is true but if it is ... how messed up is that?  Undecided
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825b0e67/article/peterson-ireland-running-separate-coaching-searches-in-
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 07:21:37 pm »

I think it's time to start a thread entitled ... "what goofy thing will the Dolphins do next?" Ross and Co. never cease to amaze me.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 07:26:04 pm »

So essentially Ross is doing to Ireland what he did to Sparano last year. I wonder how Ireland likes it now? You know what they say about Karma!
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 07:39:52 pm »

it is beyond bizarre...

but yeah, kind of what mike is referring to. peterson talks to the experienced, name coaches that might want to bring along their own personnel folks, and ireland talks to the 2nd tier guys that are happy with just being a head coach somewhere
suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 10:59:55 am »

I think it's time to start a thread entitled ... "what goofy thing will the Dolphins do next?" Ross and Co. never cease to amaze me.

LOL

I don't even know what to say.

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 11:14:05 am »

One of the stories I read on this mentioned Peterson's role with the team will be determined by the coach that gets hired. If it is Peterson's guy look for him to take over the Parcells role, if they hire an Ireland guy, don't expect Peterson to be around.

How can Ross have so much money and be so wishy washy? How can anyone work with the man?
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 11:19:30 am »

This team is so effed up thanks to Stephen Ross.  If Carl Peterson wasn't his friend, there would be no discussion. 

This team has become a joke of a franchise, thanks to this a-hole.

Where's Tim Robbie when you need him?  Wish someone sane would swoop in and buy the team.

The banner flying from the plane should have said "Mr Ross: Save our team, jump off a bridge"
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray