Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:11:59 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Drew Rosenhaus says Fisher to Dolphins today
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Drew Rosenhaus says Fisher to Dolphins today  (Read 3899 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: January 11, 2012, 03:28:17 pm »

I'm on my phone so bare with me on the link. I just read this.

“I keep hearing from a lot of my friends in the NFL that the Dolphins may have won the battle to get Jeff Fisher as the new head coach,” Rosenhaus told the radio station. “The buzz is exactly that, that Fisher is leaning toward the Dolphins and that he will be the Dolphins new coach at some point today.”

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
DarthHoodie

Belichick already figured it out.

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 03:33:29 pm »

Roll Eyes Fisher...I personally never liked that guy, well I hope he does okay for you guys.
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Excuse me while I kiss the sky

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 03:50:26 pm »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1020039-jeff-fisher-reports-hint-former-titans-coach-set-to-join-dolphins

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” -- John Lennon
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 04:20:58 pm »

I'm fine with the move, if it happens.  Fisher is a leader of men, something this team has not had in quite some time.
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 04:25:17 pm »

This is awesome news!  My understanding is that the DC from the Saints is probably going to come and join Fisher.  This takes away some of my concern over losing Nolan, which is likely.

If Jeff can just see it fit to keep Daboll and give him another year to work (with a true offseason), I think we are set to make waves sooner than later.  We may miss out on the first 2 QBs in the draft, but I think we can get a better prospect than Henne to develop for a year while we feel out Moore a little more.  If we switch OCs, I think that we have to shoot for moving up in the draft and sacrificing a lot in the process.  Keeping Daboll gives us a year to develop without sacrificing so much.

I think Ireland learned a lot from drafting Henne.  A great arm is nice, but smarts and accuracy and leadership are more critical.  A round two QB wouldn't be a bad way to go, now that we have a stop gap in Moore (and potentially better).
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 05:19:10 pm »

If we get Fisher than Ross gets a clean slate with me and all is forgotten (as I am sure it will be with many fans). As many mistakes and screw ups he has had he would have come through HUGE on this. I'm not gonna sit here and say Fisher is Bill Walsh, but he was the best candidate on the market this offseason and Ross got his man at all costs. That's all you can ask for out of an owner. To get the best people available to give the team the best chance to win.

Now lets just hope these rumors are true and Fisher does come here. Otherwise forget everything I just said above  Wink
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 05:21:01 pm »

This is the ultimate "ok" choice.  He's not going to embarrass you, he's competent.  He's just nothing fancy.

It's actually what I predicted, so no surprises, either.

I drink your milkshake!
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 05:28:58 pm »

If we get Fisher than Ross gets a clean slate with me and all is forgotten (as I am sure it will be with many fans). As many mistakes and screw ups he has had he would have come through HUGE on this. I'm not gonna sit here and say Fisher is Bill Walsh, but he was the best candidate on the market this offseason and Ross got his man at all costs. That's all you can ask for out of an owner. To get the best people available to give the team the best chance to win.

Now lets just hope these rumors are true and Fisher does come here. Otherwise forget everything I just said above  Wink

+1

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” -- John Lennon
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 05:50:33 pm »

The "I really like Jeff Fisher" side of me is like "YAY!".  The "we've had really bad luck with mustachioed head coaches" side of me is like "Dang!"

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 06:39:06 pm »

This is awesome news!  My understanding is that the DC from the Saints is probably going to come and join Fisher.  This takes away some of my concern over losing Nolan, which is likely.

The Saints were 24th in the league in total defense.  This is more of a concern.  I'd MUCH rather keep Mike Nolan.  (Miami was 15th)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 06:53:57 pm by Brian Fein » Logged
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 07:12:47 pm »

The Saints were 24th in the league in total defense.  This is more of a concern.  I'd MUCH rather keep Mike Nolan.  (Miami was 15th)

Nolan is gone. Williams is a legit NFL DC and he  blitz's a ton. The Saints lack a ton of talent on defense they have speed speed and more speed. You give Williams the talent Miami has on defense and he will be fine. On the same level as Nolan
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 07:15:39 pm »

New Orleans defense isn't scaring anyone.  They have been susceptible and win games like the Pats and the 10-years-ago Rams - by flat out scoring a hundred points each game.  They win in spite of the defense.  Not exactly the type of guy I'd covet as a DC.  Just sayin'...

Now you wanna bring the Saints' OC - I'm listening...
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2012, 07:22:42 pm »

Update:  Hold up on the formal announcment occured when he showed up at Dolphin HQ wearing a Brady jersey. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 08:14:46 pm »

Update:  Hold up on the formal announcment occured when he showed up at Dolphin HQ wearing a Brady jersey. 

LOL !!  Good one

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 11:12:25 pm »

Report out tonight from National Football Post. Ross offered Fisher the title of Executive Vice President (making him Ireland's boss) and will pay him in that role as VP and as head coach a combined $8 mill a year.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray