Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:06:45 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Drew Rosenhaus says Fisher to Dolphins today
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Drew Rosenhaus says Fisher to Dolphins today  (Read 3900 times)
Landshark
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 12:26:04 am »

Report out tonight from National Football Post. Ross offered Fisher the title of Executive Vice President (making him Ireland's boss) and will pay him in that role as VP and as head coach a combined $8 mill a year.

Fisher could very well make a serious splash here if that is the case.   He's won with marginal talent in Tennessee.  Word is, Titans owner Bud Adams was very tight with the purse strings.  If Ross gets him the guys he needs, he could make this team a contender again. 

Still, we all know about big names and where they've gotten the Dolphins.  Show me some results.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 02:51:07 am »

It will be hilarious if Ireland remains as "GM" only to report to the head coach.

If that's the deal Ross is offering, Cowher and Gruden must truly be uninterested in coaching this year.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2012, 06:57:45 am »

Still, we all know about big names and where they've gotten the Dolphins.  Show me some results.

The flip side to that is the Dolphins have had 1 successful coach in franchise history. Big Names, Unknown names, they have all failed in Miami with the exception of 1 guy
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2012, 07:32:14 am »

The flip side to that is the Dolphins have had 1 successful coach in franchise history. Big Names, Unknown names, they have all failed in Miami with the exception of 1 guy
And they went out and got him. They didn't wait for a diamond in the rough.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 10:57:15 am »

Is there currently an exec vice pres that would get the boot? I don't know the stucture of an NFL organiz. and am just wondering if we would be paying someone that doesn't need to be there. If money's not a problem I guess it's a moot point but I'm wondering is the idea to have Ireland get pissed and quit?

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 02:19:07 pm »

Report out tonight from National Football Post. Ross offered Fisher the title of Executive Vice President (making him Ireland's boss) and will pay him in that role as VP and as head coach a combined $8 mill a year.

If this were to be the case then
A - Why even keep Ireland?
B - Why would Ireland even want to stay? (Besides the obvious money he makes)

As far as I am concerned Ireland can't hit the road fast enough!!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 02:40:06 pm »

I don't think Jimmy failed so much as he got an incomplete.  I thought he drafted fairly well his first 2 years and the team was moving in the right direction, but he didn't stick with it. Too bad we didn't get him before he had his time in Dallas, because I think he would have made a good coach. He was burned out by the time he came to Miami, that's why he didn't stick around in Dallas. He didn't like Jerry that was no secret, but he dealt with him the first couple of years there, he could have stuck around if he wanted to, he just didn't want to anymore.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2012, 05:18:12 pm »

If this were to be the case then
A - Why even keep Ireland?
B - Why would Ireland even want to stay? (Besides the obvious money he makes)

As far as I am concerned Ireland can't hit the road fast enough!!!!!!

because Fisher and Ireland have a long time relationship that goes back to their Chicago days. Adam Schefter reported this afternoon Fisher likes Ireland alot and will keep him around if he picks Miami.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2012, 06:04:26 pm »

For all the drama Fisher has created, his leash will be short with fans.  The longer he takes and more he gets, the harder it will be for him to please the team he goes to.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2012, 06:15:29 pm »

Jeff Fisher sucks, fire him.  He's taking too long to make the decisions.  He's wishy washy and a flip flopper.  I can't wait to see him get his walking papers!  He's everything that's been wrong with this franchise since Shula.  And he has a Wann-stache. 

Fire Jeff Fisher!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2012, 06:58:46 pm »

For all the drama Fisher has created, his leash will be short with fans.  The longer he takes and more he gets, the harder it will be for him to please the team he goes to.

1) Every coach has a short leash in the NFL. Win or Else. This is a results oriented business. To some people that comes as a shock and I never understand that.

2) With the salary he will be making (and possibly being the highest paid coach in all of sports) he should have a short leash.  We can NOT win (aka lose) with someone making a lot less money that's for damn sure. Phi Simms said it best a couple weeks back on THE NFL NOW, the days of having a 3 or 4 year plan in the NFL as a coach are over. Every coach and team is on a 1 year plan. Win now or else! That's the league and how it is set up. Fair or unfair that is reality and its the coaches that live and deal in that reality that have success.
Brian
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2012, 03:08:44 am »

what an idiot...
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray