Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:16:56 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Free Agency discussion.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Free Agency discussion.  (Read 6827 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2012, 01:14:42 am »

I was playing devil's advocate a little with the whole RB thing.  The only point I was trying to make there was I see a need at WR almost as much as another RB.  I don't really think it is a need, but to each his own.  I could see the argument for another WR, I just don't agree with it.

Anyways, it seems Ryan Tannehill is being projected in the later half of the first round.  What do y'all think about trading down and taking him later in the first and stockpiling some picks?  Or is everyone set on either Manning or Flynn?  I'm a little torn.  On one hand, a healthy Peyton Manning would immediately make Miami an elite team, or a Flynn who produces like he did in GB will do the same.  On the other hand, stockpiling picks could fill some needs to make MIA a more complete team, while possibly grooming the future QB and giving a supporting cast to succeed.

A lot of uncertainty.  If it was up to me, I'd go with Manning or Flynn and draft the OT out of Stanford.  Pardon me if I seem I flip flop a lot around this time of year, but I can't help it Smiley.
el diablo
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2012, 08:19:19 am »

No problem with the flip-flop. Personally, I'm not sold on Flynn. I would love the idea of drafting RG3 without selling the farm to do it. I'm fine with Moore and drafting Weedon in the 2nd. Yes, he's "old", but he has the best arm in the draft. Picking up either Couples or Ingram in the 1st round solidifies the DL. Given all that, my priority in free agency would be OL & WR. With only $15-16 mil in cap room, $8-10 mil is my limit in free agency.
tepop84
Uber Member

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2012, 08:09:59 am »

They don't need a wr.  Marshall is a good number 1, and bess/hartline and whoever are good enough.  To improve on them, they would need to spend way more more money than they should, and it won't be that big of an improvement.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray