Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2024, 11:02:49 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  2012 NFL Combine
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: 2012 NFL Combine  (Read 4688 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« on: February 22, 2012, 11:28:37 am »

The NFL Combine starts tomorrow, and I just wanted to get a thread started to talk about player performances, their draft prospects, etc...

A few Combine links:

NFL Combine home: http://www.nflcombine.net/
Players Invited: http://www.nflcombine.net/players/official-invite-list
Combine schedule, by group: http://www.nflcombine.net/players/schedule

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
bsfins
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 12:30:37 pm »

Ahh can't wait....I love it....
Landshark
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 04:08:07 pm »

Gives football fans something to hang their hat on in the offseason
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 04:14:33 pm »

I love watching football, but I gotta admit that watching the NFL combine is about as fun as watching paint dry.

Am I the only football fan that doesn't consider this watch worthy?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 04:35:28 pm »

I love watching football, but I gotta admit that watching the NFL combine is about as fun as watching paint dry.

Am I the only football fan that doesn't consider this watch worthy?

I've never watched it. I don't even watch the draft.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 04:40:35 pm »

I absolutely LOVE watching the Combine...specifically the positional drills. I could watch WRs running the Gauntlet for hours on end. Same with the backpedal & recover drill for DBs...and the shuttle and cone drills for the front-7 guys.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
bsfins
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 05:30:18 pm »

^^ Ohh yeah...

For me,I don't watch College Football...Zero,I don't care...I know maybe 3 or 4 names that are in the draft...I get to see those names,and learn about a lot more guys that might not being get a lot of publicity.Then you have those names of 10-15 guy's that either sky rocket,or fall like a rock on draft day.
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 05:57:47 pm »

I do not watch, but I check the daily results.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 06:30:36 pm »

The Friday morning COIN TOSS between Carolina and Miami is all I care about this year!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 06:34:38 pm »

Enjoyed watching the O-line workouts today. Cordy Glenn and DeCastro seemed head and shoulders above the rest of the interior linemen. I've been high on Glenn for a while, and am convinced that he will be a pro bowl OG within a year or two of entering the NFL. I think he could also make a serviceable right tackle, but think OG is where he needs to be.

~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 05:02:31 pm »

So is anyone going to mention RG3 running a 4.38 forty (unofficial)?  Ridiculous!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:33:36 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
el diablo
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 05:06:29 pm »

He is going to make a lot of people sorry. Officially 6'2", with that speed, intelligence, and arm. That's a serious temptation.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 11:03:29 pm »

I'd still take Luck at #1 overall, but have to admit that RGIII is making a believer out of me.

~ Micah Leggat
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 10:44:44 am »

I don't have the NFL network, but I watched a bit of the receiver drills while I was in a bar the other day. I found it interesting even without being able to hear. Some of them had good speed but did not show me much for their hands though.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 05:27:24 pm »

I don't have the NFL network, but I watched a bit of the receiver drills while I was in a bar the other day. I found it interesting even without being able to hear. Some of them had good speed but did not show me much for their hands though.

I caught a lot of  "The Underwear Olympics" this weekend off and on while working around the house. Some of the drills are silly but others tell you a lot about a player. The 3 cone drill and the shuttle drill are the most important I feel and tell you the most about how athletic a player is.

The 40 yard dash is overrated for most positions. It's key for a couple positions but not most. The vertical leap is also pointless for most positions as well.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray