Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:57:12 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  All the Peyton Manning talk.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: All the Peyton Manning talk.  (Read 3513 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: February 22, 2012, 06:34:42 pm »

I have no idea how Manning is gonna do this year, but for some reason all this talk is earily similar to the conversations I heard about Drew Brees and Chad Pennington a few years ago when people were counting them out. Remember when the Dolphins were thinking about Brees, but were worried about his shoulder because he was coming off shoulder surgery?  Remember the Phins passing on him and taking some other guy who I won't name? I do. I remember it well.  Remember the Dolphins taking a shot on an aging QB coming off shoulder surgery and him taking them from 1-15 to 11-5? I remember that too.

I don't know what's gonna happen with Manning, I just feel like we can't pass up this opportunity if we have it. Take a chance on the guy. It's obvious you aren't gonna get a top rate QB in this draft without giving out several valuable picks in the next couple of drafts. I say screw that and take a shot. It may not work out, but it could work out great. What's the worst that can happen? That Manning doesn't play? Well figure out a way to make it hurt less if he doesn't play a game. Some kind of incentive contract. Lucrative enough that if he plays he gets paid, but something we can live with if he don't. I think Manning might be convinced to do that. Hell I think he might actually like a shot at showing everyone that thinks he's done just what he's capable of.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 06:43:39 pm »

Fans are taking it into their own hands   http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2012/02/theres-a-grassroots-movement-in-town-to-bring-peyton-manning-to-miami-no-im-not-talking-about-dolphins-owner-stephen-rosss.html

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 08:30:30 pm »

If Manning is available, and wants to come to Miami, you take him.  In a second.  Don't make another Drew Brees mistake.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 09:39:16 pm »

I'm all about signing Manning.  Worst case scenario, he can't play and Matt Moore is at the helm again.  A Matt Moore with a whole offseason to prepare and (hopefully) improved pieces to play with.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 09:42:11 am »

You guys are jumping the gun way too early. Payton Manning is still a Colt. No one knows how well he is throwing a ball. Way too early to give any absolutes. Let him get released or mentioned in a trade offer, see how he is throwing, then let's have these discussions.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 09:48:26 am »

^^If he gets released, it will be soon. And all indications are he IS going to be released. No one is going to trade for him at least not right now.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Landshark
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 11:24:14 am »

^^If he gets released, it will be soon. And all indications are he IS going to be released. No one is going to trade for him at least not right now.

He will be released because if someone trades for him, they have to assume his contract which includes that astronomical roster bonus.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 12:53:36 pm »

^^If he gets released, it will be soon.

Well it will be sooner than it was when someone started a Manning thread in January. I just get tired of speculative topics that carry on for 3-4 months. Just disregard me and carry on.
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 04:03:51 pm »

If Manning is available, and wants to come to Miami, you take him.  In a second.  Don't make another Drew Brees mistake.

Agreed....if you have the chance......jump on that shit like a fat kid on a twinkie!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Excuse me while I kiss the sky

Email
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 05:08:27 pm »

Agreed....if you have the chance......jump on that shit like a fat kid on a twinkie!!!!!

Love it

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” -- John Lennon
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 05:19:41 pm »

I'm all for getting Manning, but lets just say up front he won't be ready by opening day.  I figure he'd be ready about game #3, and yes I have NO basis whatsoever for that assumption.  Cool  If the Fins pick him up I hope they don't make the same mistake that they made with Culpepper by pushing him in there before he is ready.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 07:24:01 pm »

Current odds for Manning, according to Vegas:

Retire: 20% ($100 wins $250)
Dolphins: 20% ($100 wins $250)
Redskins: 17% ($100 wins $300)
Colts: 14% ($100 wins $400)
Jets: 11% ($100 wins $500)
Cardinals: 3% ($100 wins $2,500)
Broncos: 3% ($100 wins $2,500)
49ers: 2% ($100 wins $4,000)
Titans: 1.5% ($100 wins $5,000)
Chiefs: 1.5% ($100 wins $5,000)
Texans: 1% ($100 wins $7,500)
Other Team: 6% ($100 wins $1,000)

-EK
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 04:37:09 pm »

Orlando Alzugary from 640 WFTL who is at the combine is reporting the "hot" rumor at the combine among all the scouts and executives is that Peyton will sign with Miami and he is going to do everything in his power to bring Reggie Wayne with him.

Take that rumor for what its worth.
Landshark
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2012, 09:24:31 pm »

Orlando Alzugary from 640 WFTL who is at the combine is reporting the "hot" rumor at the combine among all the scouts and executives is that Peyton will sign with Miami and he is going to do everything in his power to bring Reggie Wayne with him.

Take that rumor for what its worth.

I say get Pierre Garcon, not Reggie Wayne.  Younger and has more upside.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2012, 11:03:21 pm »

I say get Pierre Garcon, not Reggie Wayne.  Younger and has more upside.

he also drops more balls. If they decide to go with Peyton this team has a 2-3 year window to win now. Give me the better player now. Screw upside lol
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray