Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:50:29 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  If you were Manning, what would you do?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: If you were Manning, what would you do?  (Read 17109 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: March 14, 2012, 03:51:28 pm »

Here's how I see his choices:

Denver:
+ Good defense
+ Crappy division
- Bad receivers, will result in running fan favorite Tebow out on a rail

Tennessee:
+ Beloved figure from college

Miami:
+ Lives here
+ Good defense
+ High draft pick to use
- Bad/New management
- Bad receivers (with Marshall gone)

Arizona:
+ New stadium
+ Elite WR in Fitzgerald
- NFC, where he'll have to play Eli in playoffs

I drink your milkshake!
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 04:01:14 pm »

I think you need to add a really poor offensive line in AZ as a negative.

Prior to trading away Marshall I thought Miami might be a no brainer....now I think offensively Tennessee has better overall weapons at Peyton's disposal of the teams in the AFC, which I have heard that he wants to stay in the conference. As of right now I think he is going to Denver.

If I were Peyton I would go to Arizona as they have some nice weapons on offense and they have an up and coming defense as well. They could still add some pieces to improve the line. This of course changed because Miami dumped Marshall.

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 04:41:51 pm »

Here's what I don't get about Denver:

You have to think that the likelihood of Peyton working out with ANY team is probably below 50%.  They may be OK, but he'll probably play 2 years, maybe get into the playoffs, but if you're a gambling man, the smart money is on Peyton ultimately not working out.

So, with Denver, they love Tebow.  Even though the rest of the country thinks he sucks, they love him.  And if Peyton comes in, he's gone.  Why would Manning want to risk being blamed for running their fan-favorite out of town?  It just seems like an unneeded complication.  If he comes to Miami, nobody is going to be upset that we had to say goodbye to Matt Moore.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 04:48:04 pm »

I cannot understand why Denver is in the running either. He must really like the staff. I think Tennessee is the leader right now. Also, if I was Peyton there is a team not in the running apparently that I think I would have really considered myself and that is Houston.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 05:24:24 pm »

I think Manning will be SHOCKED when he see's the financial offers.

Arizona is in a salary cap mess

Denver has the money but talk is cheap, write a check and then tell me

Tenn,  Bud Adams will pay Peyton what he wants? Wait and see on that.  And can he?

The ONLY team with a blank check is Miami but if Manning waits too long he might lose that.

I have a feeling this is over by Friday because the longer Manning waits the less leverage he has. Teams will move on.

I THINK Denver. But I wouldn't be shocked by Miami as long as Miami hasn't moved on Flynn.

P.S...I don't think Denver is any good I have no idea why he wants to go there. Every "decent' team they played last year their defense got lit up and the offense, well why bother!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 05:26:45 pm by MikeO » Logged
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Excuse me while I kiss the sky

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 05:54:25 pm »

Tennessee

Local hero from college days, plus the chance got stick it to Indy twice a year..the only thing that would make it more perfect is if Fisher were still the coach in Tenn

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” -- John Lennon
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 05:59:57 pm »

I would go to Miami and

Retire!

He has enough money and is seriously risking never walking again if he gets hit.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 06:22:50 pm »

He has enough money and is seriously risking never walking again if he gets hit.
Hasn't that been true for the last 13 or so years as well? I think you seriously underestimate the competitive desire in these guys. Marino had surgery on his knees just about every year so that he could continue to play. Manning strikes me as that type of guy too. I don't think he's even thinking about retiring in a few years right now, I think he's thinking about being one of the few guys to lift the Lombardi Trophy for 2 different teams and perhaps how long that might take.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 08:29:12 pm »

I think he should sign with the Vikings, that's were everyone goes to end their careers.
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 01:55:10 am »

Denver. Denver made it to the playoffs/(won) with that crap offense, and in that crap division. I could only imagine if he returned healthy and they surrounded him with a few pieces on offense... They have the $$ to do it. Why not?
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 06:09:01 am »

Bud Adams offered Peyton a "contract for life" yesterday

And Miami has a dysfunctional front office? Give me a break
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 09:33:57 pm »

Miami:

- Bad receivers (with Marshall gone)

SO  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Devon Bess  Huh Brian Hartline  Huh Anthony Fasano  Huh Ed Gates   

Marlon Moore, Julius Pruitt, Roberto Wallace

The WR corps is a little lacking in the ELITE department but they are not BAD

Landshark
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 07:08:15 am »

SO  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Devon Bess  Huh Brian Hartline  Huh Anthony Fasano  Huh Ed Gates   

Marlon Moore, Julius Pruitt, Roberto Wallace

The WR corps is a little lacking in the ELITE department but they are not BAD

That receiving corps is not going to scare anybody. 
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2012, 07:45:00 am »

That receiving corps is not going to scare anybody. 
Not true. They scare Dolphin fans.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 09:13:02 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2012, 09:15:09 am »

Is it just me hoping wherever Payton ends up becomes this year's Phildelphia Eagles.  I've gone from being a fan of his to kind of hoping he fails and honestly, I know I don't have a legitimate reason to feel that way.  Undecided

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray