Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:01:57 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  If you were Manning, what would you do?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: If you were Manning, what would you do?  (Read 17106 times)
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2012, 10:02:52 am »

I think you DO have a legitimate reason. The guy went from reportedly going to decide before free agency, to now heading into a second week of not making a decision. And sorry, but guess what? None of the teams he is flirting with is going to make the SuperBowl, so what's the freaking difference at this point? Decide, choose, pick, move on with your life, so the rest of the football world can too. -EK
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2012, 01:25:28 pm »

Not true. They scare Dolphin fans.

Isn't that the truth......lol

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2012, 01:48:02 pm »

Not true. They scare Dolphin fans.

bsfins
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2012, 02:23:33 pm »

I'd go to the 49ers.....I like that over most of the options,even if I have to face Eli in the playoffs...

Hey it's being reported he threw for Harbaugh,and the O-coordinator (and took physical)..(twitter Mort and Schef)
https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/180718178157068288
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2012, 03:51:49 pm »

I agree. After that I would choose 10-I-see. He may not win int all there but it gives him a great place to retire to hero status.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2012, 11:26:29 am »

Mike Klis of Denver Post Saturday morning reporting the Broncos have "diminished expectations" they will sign Peyton

Either his workout for them sucked or they ain't paying a 36 year old $90+ mill.

But this makes me happy because it means Tebow is staying in Denver and NO chance they cut him or trade him and our crazy owner Stephen Ross does something stupid!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2012, 08:10:37 pm »

His workout for them was a week ago.

The last week has consisted entirely of reporters throwing crap against the wall.

bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2012, 08:15:25 pm »

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/14/trading-cards-give-glimpse-of-peyton-mannings-future/
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2012, 09:22:54 pm »

There were reports that one of the advantages Tennessee had was that they could provide a position within the organization after Manning stopped playing.

I gotta ask... how does the league handle this? Seems like an obvious way to skirt salary restrictions.
Landshark
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2012, 01:12:28 am »

There were reports that one of the advantages Tennessee had was that they could provide a position within the organization after Manning stopped playing.

I gotta ask... how does the league handle this? Seems like an obvious way to skirt salary restrictions.

They can't.  There is no salary restrictions on coaches and front office personnel.  The Titans would have to void the contract he signed as a player and re-do it for him as a front office employee. 
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2012, 04:59:55 pm »

Hasn't that been true for the last 13 or so years as well? I think you seriously underestimate the competitive desire in these guys. Marino had surgery on his knees just about every year so that he could continue to play. Manning strikes me as that type of guy too. I don't think he's even thinking about retiring in a few years right now, I think he's thinking about being one of the few guys to lift the Lombardi Trophy for 2 different teams and perhaps how long that might take.

The question is what would I do if I was in Manning's position, not what I think Manning would do.  If I was in Manning's postion I would take the money and run. 

As for the risk for the last 13 years.  Its different.  He is much more prone to get permantly injured now than was the case 13 years ago.  Plus 13 years ago he didn't have millions of dollars.  So not playing football means being an ordinary Joe.  Now retiring means that he gets into the HOF sooner and he ha more than enough money to enjoy the rest of his life. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2012, 07:00:19 pm »

As for the risk for the last 13 years.  Its different.  He is much more prone to get permantly injured now than was the case 13 years ago.
No, he's not. Injured maybe, permanently injured, no.

Plus 13 years ago he didn't have millions of dollars.
He was the number 1 pick. His rookie contract was for 48 million over 6 years, with an 11 million signing bonus. He's always had millions of dollars.

So not playing football means being an ordinary Joe.  Now retiring means that he gets into the HOF sooner and he ha more than enough money to enjoy the rest of his life.
Seriously? He's gonna be in the hall no matter what happens. Who cares whether it's in 5 years or 10, it's gonna happen. He only has a few years left to win another Lombardi trophy. Manning doesn't do what he does because he likes football. He does what he does because football is his life.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2012, 07:50:43 pm »

No, he's not. Injured maybe, permanently injured, no.

Reports are his much more likely to become paralyzed b/c of the injury.

He was the number 1 pick. His rookie contract was for 48 million over 6 years, with an 11 million signing bonus. He's always had millions of dollars.

He didn't always have the millions.  He needed to at min play his rookie year to be a millionare. 

But if after one year he said -- I am set for life, time to retire, that would not have been a horible plan from a finacial/injury risk standpoint.  (And what I would have done)

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray