Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:29:53 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Mark Anderson?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Mark Anderson?  (Read 43583 times)
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« on: March 16, 2012, 09:06:05 pm »

Worth taking a look at? 10 sacks last year for New England, and he visited Miami today. Thoughts? -EK
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 09:10:25 pm »

Perfect situational pass rusher. Exactly what Miami needs. I am shocked more teams aren't interested in him.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 09:13:22 pm »

Sounds like Miami is going to have a top 5 D next year. IF, IF, IF we can get Flynn, and maybe, say....Blackmon in the draft it would be a salvageable offseason. -EK
bsfins
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 09:17:18 pm »

I remembered the name from when he played with the Bears,had to go look at his stats to make sure it was the same guy.Don't remember much about him,but his stats...12 his rookie year,very little in between,then had 10 with the Pats last year..makes me weary..or am I leery of him... Huh

I think,I'd rather have Kamerion Wimbley who was cut by the Raiders,but I don't think we can afford him...

(Modified,I gave him too many sacks...)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 09:19:32 pm by Lil B » Logged
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Excuse me while I kiss the sky

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 09:32:02 pm »

Sounds like Miami is going to have a top 5 D next year. IF, IF, IF we can get Flynn, and maybe, say....Blackmon in the draft it would be a salvageable offseason. -EK

Getting Blackmon in the draft would be dumb.  If you're going to spend a first round pick on WR anyways..go after Mike Wallace..which is what they should do, he's proven

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” -- John Lennon
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 05:17:28 am »

Getting Blackmon in the draft would be dumb.  If you're going to spend a first round pick on WR anyways..go after Mike Wallace..which is what they should do, he's proven

I don't see Miami trading up for Blackmon. But Michael Floyd the WR out of Notre Dame is expected to go around 8 where we pick. He ran really fast at his pro day and is legit, quality, and probably someday a #1 NFL WR. He had some off the field issues at ND, nothing too serious or on Brandon Marshall level, which might scare away some teams. And I know Jacksonville who is picking 1 spot ahead of us is interested but they just signed Laurent Robinson so maybe not anymore.

You also have the little guy from Baylor Kendall Wright who is about the same size as Deshawn Jackson out of Philly. And if you watch him on tape he is a burner, problem is he ran a HORRIBLE 40 time at the combine  (4.6) and has fallen out of Rd 1 to Rd 2 over it most think. If Miami can get him in Rd 2 that would be  a steal. I understand the 40 times are important but sometimes yours eyes tell you what your eyes tell you and this kid can run in pads, I don't care how fast he runs in his underpants coming out of a track stance. And for a Round 2 pick I think that would be a very nice addition.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 09:58:13 am »

Disagree. We don't have enough cap room to sign the two defensive players and the QB we're chasing and you want to add Wallace? He's 25 years old- in terms of WR speed, he has what? Maybe three years left as a burner? And speed is what he has as his best weapon. Once that's gone, what do you have left? Average age for a WR in the top ten in the league is 26. I wouldn't give Wallace the kind of money he wants when he's 25. When you weigh all the numbers -- the receiving yards compared to the millions of dollars -- Wallace should get paid more than DeSean Jackson and Pierre Garcon but less than Vincent Jackson. Does Miami have that to spend? Of course not. I'd rather have a 22 year old, with 4.33 speed that will likely stay at that rate for 5 years than a guy who had 4.28 speed 3 years ago, and is going to get slower from here out, but will demand salary beyond what we can offer. IMO the 3 extra years at less money is the better value for what Miami can spend. -EK
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 12:56:10 pm »

Omar Kelly on Mark Anderson

Patriots free agent DE Mark Anderson, who the Dolphins have interest in signing as a "pressure player," was rated the 13th best 4-3 defensive end in the NFL. The guys ranked ahead of him are Trent Cole, Terrell Suggs, John Abraham, Jared Allen, Carlos Dunlap, Jason Pierre-Paul, Julius Peppers, Michael Bennett, Chris Clemons, Jason Babin, Andre Carter and Jeremy Mincey. The players behind him are Robert Mathis, Chris Long, Cory Redding, Charles Johnson, Lamarr Houston and Darryl Tapp.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 01:59:38 pm »

Anderson drawing interest from Titans and down there today and will visit with an un-named team on Monday. Jax also wants an interview.

While Miami is interviewing every scrub QB in the world they might lose out on a good pass rusher at a decent price.
Landshark
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 02:14:39 pm »

Anderson drawing interest from Titans and down there today and will visit with an un-named team on Monday. Jax also wants an interview.

While Miami is interviewing every scrub QB in the world they might lose out on a good pass rusher at a decent price.

Not surprising considering they've already lost out on a top flight offensive tackle at a decent price.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2012, 02:16:24 pm »

I guess this organization really can't do multiple things at once.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 07:49:21 pm »

Anderson to now visit the Bills
Landshark
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 07:59:33 am »

Anderson to now visit the Bills

And just like with Mario Williams, Buffalo didn't let him leave without a deal in place.  Buffalo is going to have a fierce pass rush in 2012.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012, 10:48:28 am »

Awesome pass rush and little else. Yawn. -EK
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 02:18:53 pm »

We are an example of what happens to a team when you overpay players.  I don't believe in overpaying anyone except the quarterback if he is good enough to get to a win in the post season.

They will be in trouble in a few years.  Good for them for now though.  I am fine with us passing on him.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray