Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 27, 2024, 09:58:55 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Everyone needs to chill out!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Everyone needs to chill out!  (Read 1962 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« on: March 20, 2012, 02:54:43 am »

Did free agency go as planned for the Dolphins?  No way.  Did free agency go well for PHI last year.  Hell ya!  How did they do last season by the way?

The draft hasn't even happened yet.  For all we know, Philbin could be a coaching genius and take the talent MIA has and make them relevant.  Then again, they could fail like years past.  Thing is, NO ONE KNOWS!  So stop acting like a bunch of Chicken Littles and just see what happens.  I'm not saying things are good right now, but we can't see any path of a plan until after the draft.  I am more patient than most and will at least wait until the first few games of the season to pass judgment.  I think the rest of you should wait until at least after the draft before losing your shit.

I'm not saying MIA will be good next year, but I'm not saying they will suck giant hippo balls either.  Everyone needs to have a little inkling of patience to see where this coaching staff will take this team.  If they suck then GREAT!  Ireland is gone and unless they go 1-15, the coaching staff will stay....entirely my speculation of course.  If they succeed,then a lot of you get to eat crow, which I'm sure you would gladly eat to see a successful team. 

The media is full of idiots, and too many of you are sponging up whatever they say.  Again, they crowned PHI Superbowl champs last year.  This year, they are jumping on the "Bash MIA" bandwagon.  I, for one, refuse to be sucked in to this Dolphin bashing media circus, especially when the draft is to come and not one game has been played in the upcoming season.
Diehard_Dolfan

Dolphins,Canes,Heat

jmd161@hotmail.com jmd161
Email
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 03:10:15 am »

Most of us are frustrated right now and have every right to be but, would love to see this workout somehow... I grew to like the Philbin choice as Head coach but then they pull the rug from underneath us and trade Marshall!  I'm hoping Philbin is some kind of offensive genius...  he has to be to salvage this offseason!

I'm looking towards the draft but, I'm more worried about what else they can screw up?
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 03:27:29 am »

Most of us are frustrated right now and have every right to be but, would love to see this workout somehow... I grew to like the Philbin choice as Head coach but then they pull the rug from underneath us and trade Marshall!  I'm hoping Philbin is some kind of offensive genius...  he has to be to salvage this offseason!

I'm looking towards the draft but, I'm more worried about what else they can screw up?
Hey man, I totally agree that this is frustrating.  It's okay to voice that frustration and call out the suits.  Ireland hasn't showed us much lately and is starting to develop a pattern that leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth.  To me, it is equally as frustrating when a ton of poster want to act like our season is already done, when it is still an unknown.  My opinion is if Ireland doesn't produce some sort of production from his player choices via free agency (which is all but done) and the draft this year, and we have another shitty year, his ass should be gone, BUT, I'm willing to at least give him until the season is underway to make judgment.  This is his make or break year, and I'm willing to give it to him and see what happens, and if it sucks, I'll be right there with the rest of you calling for his head. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 04:48:46 am »

Hey man, I totally agree that this is frustrating.  It's okay to voice that frustration and call out the suits.  Ireland hasn't showed us much lately and is starting to develop a pattern that leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth.  To me, it is equally as frustrating when a ton of poster want to act like our season is already done, when it is still an unknown.  My opinion is if Ireland doesn't produce some sort of production from his player choices via free agency (which is all but done) and the draft this year, and we have another shitty year, his ass should be gone, BUT, I'm willing to at least give him until the season is underway to make judgment.  This is his make or break year, and I'm willing to give it to him and see what happens, and if it sucks, I'll be right there with the rest of you calling for his head. 

That's the thing though, I'm really NOT willing to wait out the year to fire Ireland. Sure, I'll give Philbin a chance. You don't need a high price tag to be a great coach. However, a good GM is one that builds a winning team and can sign the people he wants. He has failed at both of those things for 3 years running and number 4 looks all but guaranteed.

HE has had his chances and blown them. Philbin hasn't, so I am more than willing to give him time. Still, 3 losing seasons in a row combined with his ability to even get any of his first 5 choices(Luck, BR3, Manning, Flynn, Smith) at QB mean he should be fired.

Throw in the fact that we are somehow close to the cap without any huge star players and I just can't see a reasonable defense of him.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray