Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:38:44 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Manning to the Broncos...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Manning to the Broncos...  (Read 11315 times)
bsfins
« on: March 19, 2012, 11:59:20 am »

https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/181770388144005122
https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/181770552330035201

Schefter
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 01:32:41 pm »

Good move
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 02:53:28 pm »

How dangerous are the Broncos now? Manning will start week 1 at or near full strength, no question in my mind. If Marshall escapes Goodell's wrath, they have a pretty solid bunch of receivers and the rest of the team looks good, too.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 03:02:33 pm »

^^^ Not quite sure what Bears' WR Marshall escaping Goodell's wrath has to do with Manning's prospects for this season...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 03:14:52 pm »

^^^ Not quite sure what Bears' WR Marshall escaping Goodell's wrath has to do with Manning's prospects for this season...

hahaha. Oops. Dunno why I thought he went to Denver.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 05:23:20 pm »

How dangerous are the Broncos now? Manning will start week 1 at or near full strength, no question in my mind. If Marshall escapes Goodell's wrath, they have a pretty solid bunch of receivers and the rest of the team looks good, too.

Better but still not great. There defense got LIT UP vs Buffalo, NE, and every other decent team they played late in the year.

Offense is better by default, but they aren't an elite team. SD still the class of the AFC West probably if Norv doesn't F' it up
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 06:07:50 pm »

Manning will now find out what its like to play for a terrible team and lose a lot.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 06:49:22 pm »

Manning will now find out what its like to play for a terrible team and lose a lot.

I might be mistaken, but with Indy going 2-14 last season, and the offseason changes the past few seasons for the Colts, I think you could argue that he was already on a pretty terrible team the last couple of years, and Peyton simply hoisted them on his shoulders and carried them to "very good team" status.

I really wish he would have signed with the 49ers. Fuck the cost... I was already composing my Super Bowl smack-ballad to sing to the Steelers fans out there, titled "That's Six, Bitch (and another one's comin')." Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 07:23:55 pm »

Had Manning really wanted to win he would have gone to SF.

Cue Cyndi Lauper here.  I see your true colors shining through, Manning.

Cash grab and a pussy move.  Zero chance of really competing for a title.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 07:25:34 pm »

Had Manning really wanted to win he would have gone to SF.

Cue Cyndi Lauper here.  I see your true colors shining through, Manning.

Cash grab and a pussy move.  Zero chance of really competing for a title.

100% Money Grab! Same guy said last month he would take little money up front and play for incentives. So much for that. Never trust a Manning! AJ Smith is 100% right about the whole family!

Ends up getting a  $95 mill contract.
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 08:14:29 pm »

Wasn't it reported that Manning preferred to play in the AFC? Besides, who gives a rat's ass if it was a cash move? Holy hell never seen that before! What is he gonna say to the offer, No?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 08:19:55 pm by Thundergod » Logged
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 09:00:02 pm »

^Because the guy has more money already than he could ever spend and would have made an ass load from any team.  He went with the team with the weakest division and the ability to ass rape itself cap wise versus signing with a team with a legit chance to win (and could have also given him a nice pay day).

He'll put up his decent numbers while going 9-7 that way he can say "see, it wasn't my fault we didn't win" all while signing his paychecks.  A QB with a heart of a champion?  THAT QB signs on the dotted line with SF and is in the locker room tonight with Vernon Davis, etc, thinking of ways to put up 35 a game.  I would have respected him going to the Titans more - a division that requires more than 8 wins to win.

Pussy move.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 12:43:45 am »

^^ I'd agree, I think Manning went to the team with the easiest road to the playoffs.  Probably part of the reason he didn't give Miami much consideration, didn't want to face Brady twice per year, or Rex's defense twice per year that would have been gunning for him.  Added to the fact Miami started 0-7 last year.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 02:14:47 am »

Teams Denver plays in 2012

KC Kansas City Chiefs (7-9)
OAK Oakland Raiders (8-8)
SD San Diego Chargers (8-8)
CLE Cleveland Browns (4-12)
PIT Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4)
HOU Houston Texans (10-6)
NO New Orleans Saints (13-3)
TB Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-12)    
KC Kansas City Chiefs (7-9)
OAK Oakland Raiders (8-8)
SD San Diego Chargers (8-8)
BAL Baltimore Ravens (12-4)
CIN Cincinnati Bengals (9-7)
NE New England Patriots (13-3)
ATL Atlanta Falcons (10-6)
CAR Carolina Panthers (6-10)

It's not exactly a cake walk.  They have a tough out of division schedule.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 03:37:51 am »

Since when is the AFC West a collection of bums, but the NFC West some sort of hall of dynasties?  How is SD/OAK/KC an easier schedule than ARI/SEA/STL?

They were the two worst divisions in the league in 2011, and the mighty NFC West sent the first ever 7-9 division champion to the playoffs less than 18 months ago.  "Strength of division" is not a reason to pick DEN over SF.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 03:39:48 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray