Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:20:33 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins fans to protest tomorrow
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins fans to protest tomorrow  (Read 6921 times)
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 08:14:45 am »

I doubt it'll change anything. It's just nice to see people try and do something to change the organization, but it'll more than likely amount to nothing.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 08:20:18 am »

No it won't change anything by itself but it will draw more attention to the negativilty going on around the team.  Right now the Dolphins are in a PR nightmare reagrdless of how good or bad a shape we really are in. I have to wonder how they (Ross) addresses it. If Ross says anything negative towards the fans or implies they have no idea what is going on then he risks furthur alienating them. The same if he supports Irleland. To me I think someone has to become a scapegoat if just for PR purposes as there isn't a signing or draft pick that will change things for this year.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 09:12:52 am »

These people are idiots.
Word

These are the same people who fly a banner over the stadium, put billboards up on 595, and post on message boards and think they are empowered and actually have a voice.  These same people think they run the team, and make their ridiculous opinions known.

These people are the ones that "speak" for all Dolphins fans and it is embarrassing to me and to the team.  They make the Dolphins fan base in general look like Randy Quaid's character from Major League 2.

And I'm sick of these morons representing ME. 
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 09:39:30 am »

I don't understand what your problem is with them. The NFL Network, the players, the coaches, fans of other teams all think the organization is a joke. These fans are finally so tired of it all that they're actually protesting. You can't possibly be thinking that their message is wrong, do you? By having them do such a public display, at least it's telling everyone else that we all realize it seems bad and there hasn't been a plan in place for a while.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 09:44:40 am »

Word

These are the same people who fly a banner over the stadium, put billboards up on 595, and post on message boards and think they are empowered and actually have a voice.  These same people think they run the team, and make their ridiculous opinions known.

These people are the ones that "speak" for all Dolphins fans and it is embarrassing to me and to the team.  They make the Dolphins fan base in general look like Randy Quaid's character from Major League 2.

And I'm sick of these morons representing ME. 

Since when did it become a bad thing to let one's opinion be known? Surely there is some form of hippie inside you that feels you just have to sometimes let "the man" know just how you feel!!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 09:53:00 am »

Since when did it become a bad thing to let one's opinion be known? Surely there is some form of hippie inside you that feels you just have to sometimes let "the man" know just how you feel!!

Of all the things to protest, this is the one to pick? 

I can understand and support the occupy wall street folks.

I can understand while I don't support the folks who protest at abortion clinics.

People protesting the decisions of a sports seems awfully stupid. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 10:04:52 am »

^^ precisely.

you're protesting the Dolphins?  No one is forcing you to be a fan.  If you don't like what they're doing, don't watch.  Don't be a fan.  Its not your place as a fan to try to change the team's direction by protesting.  Really?  Its futility anyway.

I don't care if they know how I feel.  I am disgruntled, but calling for someone to be fired is an asshole move, in my opinion.  Just like chanting for Orton at Dolphins practice.  Oh wait, he sucks?  Guess the fans were wrong on that one.

These guys are pros.  The fans are not.  They know more than you.  You know nothing.  So, who are you to decide what the team does?  Fans are clueless and rightfully have no say.  You don't like it, go jump on the Patriots bandwagon and bitch about something else.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2012, 10:21:02 am »

People protested New Coke and now protest a football player because he prays. You can protest anything. This country is great isn't it?!!

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2012, 10:37:29 am »

And I have the right to think those people are idiots for protesting. 

So I do.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2012, 11:23:46 am »

And I have the right to think those people are idiots for protesting. 

So I do.
^^^ Nothing illegal about being an idiot!!  Wink  Cheesy

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2012, 11:32:53 am »

Just curious, but how will a group of fans do anything to alter the perception in the NFL that our front office is not great.
Ideally, by causing the termination of the person who is causing that perception.

bsfins
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 11:54:53 am »

I agree with a lot of what Brian has said...

(Rant Explanation,the way I feel deleted)

But my baseball theory will have to do for an Answer...
I admit though,bringing in Theo,Jed Hoyer & company has given me something that I haven't had alot about the Cubs...Hope for the Future...
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2012, 05:23:44 pm »

Ideally, by causing the termination of the person who is causing that perception.

But we do not know how much is actually Ireland vs Ross, and we certainly are not going to get Ross to sell based on some protests.
Also if a GM can be fired because the fans protests personnel decisions, we will never get a elite GM in here.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2012, 05:58:03 pm »

If a coach can be fired based on widespread fan dissatisfaction with him, does that preclude a good coach accepting the job?

Or are you saying that no coach is ever fired because of local perception?

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray