Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:58:42 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins sign Garrard
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Dolphins sign Garrard  (Read 17170 times)
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 09:01:29 pm »

Manning.  Nope.
Flynn.  Nope
Alex Smith.  Nope.

David Garrard.  Hells yeah!  Can't rebuild until you hit rock bottom.  This move gets us moving toward the bottom fast.  

Have Ross/Ireland come out and said they're playing for the number one overall pick in 2013?  It sure seems that way.
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 09:03:44 pm »

Help me here guys.

If we cut him before the season and there was nearly no signing bonus and very little guarenteed money, we don't really lose anything right?

I say bring in Tebow because only God can help us now.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 09:04:24 pm »

Not to start a war, but I hope the people who were against "Suck for Luck" see now how devastating winning a few meaningless games turned out to be.

No one wants our team to lose games, but what if we lost 4 more and were able to pick #2? Would any of these disasters be happening? No, because we wouldn't even be in the market for a QB. Or, if we did want to make a run at Peyton, we had fallback plans and options. Maybe we sign him and trade our pick to Washington and do a proper rebuild. Maybe we don't, but still have RG3.

Hell, maybe Fisher comes here. But, we won a bunch of meaningless games, missed the playoffs and don't have a game changing draft pick. I said it before and I'll say it again: If you aren't going to make the playoffs, then just lose every game.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 09:07:09 pm »

^^^ Soooooooooo true.
el diablo
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 09:09:31 pm »

I've seen this movie before....when do they sign "Wild Thing" Vaughn to play QB?
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 09:09:49 pm »

Not to start a war, but I hope the people who were against "Suck for Luck" see now how devastating winning a few meaningless games turned out to be.

No one wants our team to lose games, but what if we lost 4 more and were able to pick #2? Would any of these disasters be happening? No, because we wouldn't even be in the market for a QB. Or, if we did want to make a run at Peyton, we had fallback plans and options. Maybe we sign him and trade our pick to Washington and do a proper rebuild. Maybe we don't, but still have RG3.

Hell, maybe Fisher comes here. But, we won a bunch of meaningless games, missed the playoffs and don't have a game changing draft pick. I said it before and I'll say it again: If you aren't going to make the playoffs, then just lose every game.

Thank you!  Someone needed to say this.  All that, your not a real fan if you are onboard with suck for luck, crap was rediculous.  The guy was the best QB prospect in over a decade.
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 09:10:58 pm »

I've seen this movie before....when do they sign "Wild Thing" Vaughn to play QB?

Damn that's funny!  Thanks for the laugh.
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Excuse me while I kiss the sky

Email
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 09:12:52 pm »

Thank you!  Someone needed to say this.  All that, your not a real fan if you are onboard with suck for luck, crap was rediculous.  The guy was the best QB prospect in over a decade.

You can't intentionally lose games though

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” -- John Lennon
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2012, 09:13:30 pm »

I can see Gerrard with a little JoBoo in his locker and Tebow arguing with him over whether or not Jesus Christ can throw a spiral.
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2012, 09:14:07 pm »

I can see Gerrard with a little JoBoo in his locker and Tebow arguing with him over whether or not Jesus Christ can throw a spiral.

HAHA!  amazing.  Well played

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” -- John Lennon
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 09:16:04 pm »

Now we just need the Janitor from "Scrubs" reading a paper and saying "Who are these fucking guys?".

Tebow would steal JoBoo's rum and then get sacked.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2012, 09:17:26 pm »

You can't intentionally lose games though

I agree and you can't expect the team too. Win, lose or draw, playing in an NFL game involves getting your ass kicked. It's a brutal sport, so you never tank. What you can do though is ROOT for them to lose, and that's what I was doing. It sucked, but I was looking ahead and hoping to avoid an offseason like this.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2012, 09:17:38 pm »

John Beck was going to be released, why not him!
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2012, 09:20:52 pm »

I agree and you can't expect the team too. Win, lose or draw, playing in an NFL game involves getting your ass kicked. It's a brutal sport, so you never tank. What you can do though is ROOT for them to lose, and that's what I was doing. It sucked, but I was looking ahead and hoping to avoid an offseason like this.

I hear ya.  I think it was a common misconception with the whole Suck for Luck thing that teams were just going to tank on purpose

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2012, 09:21:39 pm »

Steve DeBerg isn't available?

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray