Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:12:37 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Jeff Ireland is not the devil
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Jeff Ireland is not the devil  (Read 11860 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2012, 12:53:04 am »

I don't know. Seems to me that most of the people that are saying that are guys that didn't receive a contract from Miami. Could that just be some sour grapes? Maybe.
Clark and Flynn both received contract offers from Ireland and turned them down (Clark's offer was for more money than the contract he actually took).  If anyone has a case of "sour grapes," it's Ireland; he's the one that was spurned.

I think there's some truth to this, but I also think any GM who is thought of as a player's best friend is probably not doing his team any favors either. He likes to play hardball and he's rubbed some folks the wrong way. I don't particularly see that as a big problem unless it's preventing you from getting the guys you REALLY want.
Presumably, the players and coaches that you are interviewing and offering contracts to are those that you "really want."  Otherwise, why is Miami's GM wasting his own time bidding up the price for personnel he's not going to sign?

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray