Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:04:21 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  This backlash on Ireland is dumb.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: This backlash on Ireland is dumb.  (Read 60494 times)
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Excuse me while I kiss the sky

Email
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 02:52:16 pm »

He gets FAR too much grief about the prostitute question. He asked the guy what his dad did, and Bryant said, "he's a pimp." He asked him what his mom did and Bryant said, "she works for my dad." How is the follow-up question "Your mom works for your dad who is a pimp, so is she a prostitute?" not a logical question? It seems pretty fair to me. -EK

Thank you

It basically comes down to we're tired of seeing Miami "swing for the fences" and missing horribly with everything from the Harbaugh fiasco - present day.  Going all in on Plan A is fine, but c'mon man..have a plan B, C, D, whatever it may be.  It just seems like everyone in the front office has no idea what they're doing..as if it's been a 4 year "first day on the job" experience.  I'm tired of Miami being view as the laughing stock of the league each and every offseason.  Unfortunately, Ross deserves as much, if not more, criticism than Ireland is getting.  Even more unfortunate, an owner can not be fired.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” -- John Lennon
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 03:39:53 pm »

To be fair....my criticism isn't new......I have been calling for them to shitcan him for the last 3 years.  I think he is an inept douche and the Phins will continue to be a mediocre at best franchise until they part ways.

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 03:42:47 pm »

On Marshall:
I'm glad Ireland got rid of him.  6 TD's, 18 drops, 11 million dollar salary, and possibly facing a suspension.  Take away the name, and you'd cut that guy too.  Good riddance.

On Manning:
He just got a better offer somewhere else.  Not much you can do.  Its a future hall of fame QB looking for a job, and Denver had WAY more cap room to play ball.

On Flynn:
This guy is the perfect candidate to be the next Dolphins' bust.  I am glad we didn't go hard after him.  Next year, you'll be saying "he was supposed to be so good and he's really just a bum!"  If his former coach didn't think he was worth fighting for, then he's not worth it.

On Alex Smith:
Same as Flynn, minus the "former coach" part.  This guy has struggled mightily in the past and is coming off his only non-horrific season since he was drafted.  What makes you think he's worth a damn?

On Garrard:
Big deal.  You need a body to fill space.  He's here as an insurance policy.  Last year everyone said "Matt Freakin' Moore?" and now that move looks pretty solid, if you ask me.

On Y.B.:
OK, this one I'm a bit upset about but you can see the case of why.  He's the oldest guy on the defense, and taking up a lot of cap space.  Would I have rather seen them renegotiate him?  Yes.  But with Rashad Jones waiting in the wings, making a lot less money, and younger, maybe they thought he wasn't that much of a downgrade at that position to fill in, with more up-side.

Overall, these guys know what they're doing.  You gotta let them work.  The constant criticism isn't going to help matters.  When do you begin trusting what these guys are doing, and just let them do their job?
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 03:45:14 pm »

On Marshall:
I'm glad Ireland got rid of him.  6 TD's, 18 drops, 11 million dollar salary, and possibly facing a suspension.  Take away the name, and you'd cut that guy too.  Good riddance.

On Manning:
He just got a better offer somewhere else.  Not much you can do.  Its a future hall of fame QB looking for a job, and Denver had WAY more cap room to play ball.

On Flynn:
This guy is the perfect candidate to be the next Dolphins' bust.  I am glad we didn't go hard after him.  Next year, you'll be saying "he was supposed to be so good and he's really just a bum!"  If his former coach didn't think he was worth fighting for, then he's not worth it.

On Alex Smith:
Same as Flynn, minus the "former coach" part.  This guy has struggled mightily in the past and is coming off his only non-horrific season since he was drafted.  What makes you think he's worth a damn?

On Garrard:
Big deal.  You need a body to fill space.  He's here as an insurance policy.  Last year everyone said "Matt Freakin' Moore?" and now that move looks pretty solid, if you ask me.

On Y.B.:
OK, this one I'm a bit upset about but you can see the case of why.  He's the oldest guy on the defense, and taking up a lot of cap space.  Would I have rather seen them renegotiate him?  Yes.  But with Rashad Jones waiting in the wings, making a lot less money, and younger, maybe they thought he wasn't that much of a downgrade at that position to fill in, with more up-side.

Overall, these guys know what they're doing.  You gotta let them work.  The constant criticism isn't going to help matters.  When do you begin trusting what these guys are doing, and just let them do their job?

We went all in on QB's when..and I'm going to get hell for this but I'm going to say it anyways..we have more pressing needs.  Dumb.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” -- John Lennon
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 03:52:05 pm »

On Marshall:

On Manning:

On Flynn:

On Alex Smith:

On Garrard:

On Y.B.:

Marshall - Who do we have to replace him?

Flynn - you can say that about anyone and he has given you no reason to believe that. It's just easier to assume.  he was the best option available and relatively cheap at that. BTW ... why does everyone say coach didn't want him? Got some inside info? The only actual reports say he kept calling him to reassure him we were interested and to hang tight.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 04:14:02 pm »

When they actually get us a winning season and give us some hope that the team hasn't regressed every year.
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 04:33:09 pm »

When they actually get us a winning season and give us some hope that the team hasn't regressed every year.

Exactly

Clearly not everyone knows how to do their job.  You ever go to a restaurant and order no onions..and your meal comes with onions?  Ireland and Ross keep getting the onions after specifically asking for no onions. 

JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2012, 04:43:36 pm »

I think I need to re-emphasize:  Ireland was only given the big boy pants after Parcells left, so I am judging him more on the last year than I am the previous few.  I see the following:

Free Agency:
Reggie Bush - Not a bad pickup.  More than serviceable.
Kevin Burnett - Looked shaky for a while, turned out quite good (106 tackles).
Marc Colombo - An unmitigated disaster.
Matt Moore - Turned out to be a nice pickup.
Channing Crowder - Addition by subtraction had less tackles in 2009 & 2010 (51 & 39, respectively) combined than his replacement, Burnett, had in one year.

NFL Draft
Mike Pouncey - Solid pick
Daniel Thomas - Looked good when healthy
Edmond Gates - Jury is out
Charles Clay - Solid pickFrank Kearse - Did he make the roster?  Who cares.  7th rounder
Jimmy Wilson - Had some solid moments.  Could be solid going forward.  Solid 7th round gamble.

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2012, 05:19:27 pm »

Marshall - Who do we have to replace him?
Who cares?  He's a problem and a huge cap hit.  Others will step up, maybe they draft someone, we don't know yet.

Flynn - you can say that about anyone and he has given you no reason to believe that. It's just easier to assume.  he was the best option available and relatively cheap at that. BTW ... why does everyone say coach didn't want him? Got some inside info? The only actual reports say he kept calling him to reassure him we were interested and to hang tight.
If his former coach wanted him, he'd be a Dolphin right now.  They would have made it happen.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2012, 05:28:39 pm »

His former coach does not have final say over personnel decisions.  Ireland does.

You may recall that this was a significant factor in why Jeff Fisher is not the coach in Miami.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2012, 05:38:55 pm »

We went all in on QB's when..and I'm going to get hell for this but I'm going to say it anyways..we have more pressing needs.  Dumb.
But they DIDN'T go all in on QB's.

They would have gone all in on Manning if he asked, but he never did, he was never interested in coming here.

They clearly DIDN'T go all in on Flynn or he would have been a Dolphin today.

It's hard to say what they offered Smith if anything.

So how did they go all in on QB's? If there's anything you can blame them for it's NOT going all in on QB's.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 05:40:07 pm »

They would have gone all in on Manning if he asked, but he never did, he was never interested in coming here.

So how did they go all in on QB's? If there's anything you can blame them for it's NOT going all in on QB's.

Not to mention they refused to talk to the Rams about trading up because they are upset at Fisher. That is silly!
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2012, 05:43:47 pm »

Because they only acknowledged getting a QB in free agency!! 

I'm so fucking sick of hearing about the QB position..everyone makes it sound like the team is/was one solid QB away from getting a Super Bowl when it's the FURTHEST thing from true.

Failing to address the right side of the offensive line, a decent pass rush, a new WR, safety help, while all the while talking about Peyton, Flynn, Smith, Garrard means you went all in on a QB and missed out of getting some other talented players to fill your OTHER needs.

Am I the only one noticing this?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 05:45:34 pm by tubba marxxx » Logged

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2012, 06:06:14 pm »

Failing to address the right side of the offensive line, a decent pass rush, a new WR, safety help, while all the while talking about Peyton, Flynn, Smith, Garrard means you went all in on a QB and missed out of getting some other talented players to fill your OTHER needs.
Um...who was doing all the talking? I haven't heard a word from Ross, Ireland, Philbin or anyone else from the Dolphins talking about QB in the last 2 weeks. So you're saying that because a couple months back Ireland and Ross saying they had to upgrade was going all in? I'm sorry, but I can't agree. Just because the media has been telling you for a solid month that Miami was all in doesn't mean they went all in. That's on the media.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2012, 06:07:23 pm »

In Miami's eyes they did address the right side of the line when they re-signed Lydon Murtha to $1.9 mill and brought in Hicks. Along with Jon Jerry that is your fix I believe.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray