Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:48:03 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  This backlash on Ireland is dumb.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: This backlash on Ireland is dumb.  (Read 60581 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2012, 07:04:54 pm »

That's on the media.

I've been making comments about this as well. The media is as big a problem for the organization as anything else.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2012, 07:09:24 pm »

I've been making comments about this as well. The media is as big a problem for the organization as anything else.

Handling the media is a job an organization has to deal with. Miami has been poor in this regard.
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Excuse me while I kiss the sky

Email
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2012, 07:35:40 pm »

Um...who was doing all the talking? I haven't heard a word from Ross, Ireland, Philbin or anyone else from the Dolphins talking about QB in the last 2 weeks. So you're saying that because a couple months back Ireland and Ross saying they had to upgrade was going all in? I'm sorry, but I can't agree. Just because the media has been telling you for a solid month that Miami was all in doesn't mean they went all in. That's on the media.

It goes hand in hand.  When information "leaks" to the media, i.e. teams interest and whatnot.  So if Miami had true interest in anything other than a QB, we would know about it.  Granted Eric Winston did come in for a visit, but it was shunned due to the Peyton sweepstakes. 

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” -- John Lennon
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2012, 07:44:06 pm »

So if Miami had true interest in anything other than a QB, we would know about it.
LOL Maybe that was true at one time, it's not with this regime. Perhaps Miami hasn't been the greatest at dealing with the media, but that doesn't mean it's any less true that Miami has been thinking about more than just a QB. It's apparent they have been, it's just not what the media is interested in.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2012, 08:41:37 am »

i don't understand how anyone can honestly defend ireland at this point.

he has built a roster that is consistently below .500, and that is cap poor to boot. in a league that legislates parity, ireland somehow constructs a roster that talent wise can barely muster 7 wins.

folks say, well he had a good draft last year... well when you have a team that manages to go 7-9, i would hope the least you can do is find starters in the draft.

it's going on what now, 5 years with this parcells model. what's it going to take to build a roster capable of competing in the playoffs? 3 more years? 8 years total to build a team that can win? at this rate, maybe in another 20 years he can build a roster that can contend for the super bowl.

fact is in today's nfl, you bring in competent folks that know how to build rosters and you can very quickly turn your franchise around into a contender. the dolphins on the other hand choose to live this parcells dinosaur model, searching for "value" acorns that barely make any impact on wins or losses. on the other hand, franchises like the dunkos bring in competent front office folks to build a team into a super bowl contender in a 2 year time frame.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2012, 09:21:41 am »

Not to mention they refused to talk to the Rams about trading up because they are upset at Fisher. That is silly!

I think trading up would have been silly.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2012, 09:36:26 am »

^^^ Why? RG3 or Luck would have secured your QB position for a decade+.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2012, 10:40:55 am »

^^^ I'm still not completely sold on RG3. Something in my gut tells me one of these guys is not going to be the savior (I'm trying to avoid the f QB word I think is overused) and my gut tells me it will be RG3. Now he may end up being a starting QB for quite some time, but I'm not sure he will live up to all the picks it will took to move up and get him.
bsfins
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2012, 12:17:48 pm »

^^^ I'm still not completely sold on RG3. Something in my gut tells me one of these guys is not going to be the savior (I'm trying to avoid the f QB word I think is overused) and my gut tells me it will be RG3. Now he may end up being a starting QB for quite some time, but I'm not sure he will live up to all the picks it will took to move up and get him.

I'm with you.....IMO with 1st round QB's,seems like when there are 2 or 3 of them drafted...It seems a bit rare they're all good.(not counting last year,too soon,but off to pretty good start)..(Rivers,Manning,Roethlisberger) the last one...

I wonder if a bit of it is...Guy A. was Awesome last year....Guy B. is a lot like him,but had better college,or perceived as a better player ...Guy B. gets drafted much higher,because of Guy's A. success in the league...

Sorry for the hijack....

I think some of the stuff Ireland has been criticized for is of his own doing,and rightly deserved.Other stuff,he doesn't get credit for,like not trading for Orton even though it seemed as the vocal minority wanted it....Unfortunately,I feel more bad than good (overall even with Parcells here)
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray