Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:16:12 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Ireland lied to Alex Smith
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Ireland lied to Alex Smith  (Read 40950 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2012, 12:16:17 pm »

I guess that means that nobody is ever going to sign as a FA with the Jets after they lied to Drew Stanton.  Of course we all know how much trouble NE has with recruiting players after what they did to Richard Seymour. 

Oh please this is a non issue. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2012, 10:13:39 am »

From this article:

"Alex Smith, who re-signed with the 49ers, implied to Bay Area writers he never seriously considered Miami and visited the Dolphins because “I had never been to Miami Beach and thought it was a good way to see it.”

Who was lieing to whom?  Grin

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012, 10:19:55 am »

This whole thing is yet another example of the previously referred to "sky is falling" mentality shared by many fans who apparently wish to blow up the whole team and start over. -EK
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2012, 12:54:33 pm »

This whole thing is yet another example of the previously referred to "sky is falling" mentality shared by many fans who apparently wish to blow up the whole team and start over. -EK

Dan LeBatard who broke the story is a reporter and not a fan. The guy from the Mercury News who cleared up his story, also a reporter not a fan.

I don't see how this story ties into "fans" wanting to break up/blow up the team and start rebuilding it over honestly.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2012, 01:07:23 pm »

Dan LeBatard who broke the story is a reporter and not a fan. The guy from the Mercury News who cleared up his story, also a reporter not a fan.

I don't see how this story ties into "fans" wanting to break up/blow up the team and start rebuilding it over honestly.

Which "reporter" proffered this bit of analysis? 

This is the crap that gets Ireland in trouble! Don't lie to the guy, force him to spend a night in Miami when he just wants to go home, and then come off as a liar in the end.

EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2012, 01:21:15 pm »

Sorry, I should have been more direct- I meant YOU, Mike, posting this in yet another effort to substantiate the end of the world in Phin-land. It's one thing for a reporter to report it, it's another for fans (ie, you) to comment that Ireland is a liar and that this is what "gets him in trouble." What is he, a six-year-old? In trouble? No one in the office obviously cared about this or the Dez Bruant thing or any other decision, because he still has a job. If he was "in trouble" he would've been gone with Sparano. No one cares about these things but some doom and gloom fans. -EK
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2012, 07:30:28 pm »

Sorry, I should have been more direct- I meant YOU, Mike, posting this in yet another effort to substantiate the end of the world in Phin-land. It's one thing for a reporter to report it, it's another for fans (ie, you) to comment that Ireland is a liar and that this is what "gets him in trouble." What is he, a six-year-old? In trouble? No one in the office obviously cared about this or the Dez Bruant thing or any other decision, because he still has a job. If he was "in trouble" he would've been gone with Sparano. No one cares about these things but some doom and gloom fans. -EK

LOL, effort by me posting a story from a legit reporter and commenting on it on a board with 12 or 13 regular message board posters is the problem. But Dan LeBatard with his radio show that reaches millions and on ESPN where he reaches tens of millions talking about this and actually reporting it as fact isn't the problem, its MIKEO!

You have a sick obsession with me bro, seek help! Seek serious help.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2012, 11:37:43 pm »

Dan LeBastard is as unprofessional of a reporter as any of you guys.  He showed that during the Ricky Williams episodes.  He has a history of embellishing the truth to make a point.  In this case, his point is to make Ireland look bad.

He has ZERO credibility in my book.  Period.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2012, 03:50:23 am »

Dan LeBastard is as unprofessional of a reporter as any of you guys.  He showed that during the Ricky Williams episodes.  He has a history of embellishing the truth to make a point.  In this case, his point is to make Ireland look bad.

He has more than ZERO....lol

The Ricky thing was tough for him because he had a book deal lined up with Ricky and became Ricky's BFF the day Ricky arrived in Miami. So when the crap hit the fan, Dan didn't do his job and went into "SPIN" mode! Defended him to the bitter end no matter how wrong Ricky was.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2012, 03:44:32 pm »

I have only listened to clips of his show a couple of time.  He strikes me more of an "off the cuff commentator"/"shock jock"/"comedian" than anything I would call a "reporter."  Both Howard Stern and Rush Limbaugh comment on the news on their shows, I don't consider either of them reporters.  Likewise, I feel the same about LeBastard, he can be funny to listen to, but I don't consider him a source for news.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2012, 06:30:39 pm »

I have only listened to clips of his show a couple of time.  He strikes me more of an "off the cuff commentator"/"shock jock"/"comedian" than anything I would call a "reporter."  Both Howard Stern and Rush Limbaugh comment on the news on their shows, I don't consider either of them reporters.  Likewise, I feel the same about LeBastard, he can be funny to listen to, but I don't consider him a source for news.

He has been a reporter/columnist for the Miami Herald for like 20+ years though. The TV and radio stuff is more recent in his career
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2012, 09:12:09 am »

^^ yes, he has, but the TV/radio stuff has ruined his objectivity as a journalist and pushed him more into "a famous local guy pushing an agenda to gain ratings."  When you're fighting to appeal to the fans, it compromises the unbiased nature of your reporting.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2012, 12:53:54 pm »

I like Lebatard.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: