Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:25:54 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Trayvon Martin case
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 46 Print
Poll
Question: Do you think Zimmerman is
Guilty   -5 (25%)
Not Guilty   -2 (10%)
Self Defense   -1 (5%)
You don't know enough to decide   -12 (60%)
Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: Trayvon Martin case  (Read 149030 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2012, 06:15:36 pm »

No that's not that !!! We all know that Zimmerman followed Martin before the dispatcher told him, "Ok, we don't need you to do that." But what you are implying is that Zimmerman continued to follow Martin after he was told that he didn't have to.
And I am implying that based on the 911 call, which indicates that after the dispatcher told him to cease pursuit, he apparently got back in his vehicle... but then got into a fight with Martin outside of his vehicle.  That indicates one of two scenarios to me:

1) Zimmerman decided to leave the incident in the capable hands of law enforcement, and went on about his day.  He got out of his vehicle for unrelated business, and when he returned, Martin (who had been secretly pursuing Zimmerman's vehicle on foot) ambushed and assaulted him.

or

2) After hanging up the phone, Zimmerman continued his pursuit of Martin (either on foot or in his vehicle), and upon finding him, confronted him.

This is yet another instance where in order to take the shooter at his word, you have to go with the far less plausible scenario.

Although I don't agree with Zimmerman's choice. The fact that "crimes have occurred" gives gave Zimmerman, a member of community watch, every reason he thought he needed to follow Martin. I can follow anyone anywhere I want to on public property...........
I would love to hear what legal action you think Zimmerman planned to take when he caught up to Martin, particularly since he left his vehicle to chase him.

How in he hell would Zimmerman know if Martin was armed or not ?
I think he might have figured it out when they were, you know, brawling.  That would be right before Zimmerman shot him.

badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2012, 08:28:31 pm »

And I am implying that based on the 911 call, which indicates that after the dispatcher told him to cease pursuit, he apparently got back in his vehicle... but then got into a fight with Martin outside of his vehicle.  That indicates one of two scenarios to me:

1) Zimmerman decided to leave the incident in the capable hands of law enforcement, and went on about his day.  He got out of his vehicle for unrelated business, and when he returned, Martin (who had been secretly pursuing Zimmerman's vehicle on foot) ambushed and assaulted him.

or

2) After hanging up the phone, Zimmerman continued his pursuit of Martin (either on foot or in his vehicle), and upon finding him, confronted him.

It indicates to you ? Who are you and why do you think your OPINION matters ? Only the facts matter and you are not privy to those. The only opinion that matters is that of the local police and DA.  The thing it indicates is the only two situations that you want to see. The two situations that you so easily point out are only two scenarios out of hundreds that could have played out. You are making assumptions not based on facts, but on your racial agenda.

This is yet another instance where in order to take the shooter at his word, you have to go with the far less plausible scenario.

Less plausible out of the only two silly scenarios that you could dream up. Since you won't admit that you don't know all the facts of the case or at least enough to make an intelligent decision, I'll make it easy.I won't ask you this time, I'll tell you. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED AND YOU WON"T EVEN ADMIT IT !!!

I would love to hear what legal action you think Zimmerman planned to take when he caught up to Martin, particularly since he left his vehicle to chase him.

You forget silly, Zimmerman is the one that called the police to begin with. So to answer your question. The legal action that Zimmerman did was to call the police. You know that's the first thing that I do every time before I carry out a racially fueled hate crime murder is to call the cops. Give me a F'n break..........

I think he might have figured it out when they were, you know, brawling.  That would be right before Zimmerman shot him while having his head bashed against the asphalt.

There, I fixed the above quote for you free of charge. If you can make wild and spectacular assumptions I guess that we all can......

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2012, 09:42:11 pm »

^^^ On that last edit, you should probably take a look at the video that is just now surfacing...

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/trayvon-martin-case-exclusive-surveillance-video-george-zimmerman/story?id=16022897

Sure doesn't look like someone who got his nose punched (or broken, as his lawyer claimed), and the back of his head sure doesn't look bruised and bloodied.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2012, 10:00:07 pm »

^^^ On that last edit, you should probably take a look at the video that is just now surfacing...

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/trayvon-martin-case-exclusive-surveillance-video-george-zimmerman/story?id=16022897

Sure doesn't look like someone who got his nose punched (or broken, as his lawyer claimed), and the back of his head sure doesn't look bruised and bloodied.

I don't know what really happened, I'm just making wild assumptions based on hearsay and rumors. If others are going to do it, I might as well also.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2012, 10:13:58 pm »

I don't know what really happened, I'm just making wild assumptions based on hearsay and rumors. If others are going to do it, I might as well also.

Never really been a big fan of the "if others are doing something goofy, I should too" philosophy...it always seemed counter-productive to me.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2012, 10:25:03 pm »

Never really been a big fan of the "if others are doing something goofy, I should too" philosophy...it always seemed counter-productive to me.

Two wrongs make a right!

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2012, 10:31:09 pm »

Two wrongs make a right!

OR

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em !!!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2012, 10:33:46 pm »

It indicates to you ? Who are you and why do you think your OPINION matters ?
This may come as a shock to you, but this discussion we are having is not taking place in a courtroom.  We are not a grand jury or a bench of circuit court judges.  This is an internet forum created entirely for the discussion of opinions.

The only opinion that matters is that of the local police and DA.
Then why are you posting repeatedly to this thread, hypocrite?

Since you won't admit that you don't know all the facts of the case or at least enough to make an intelligent decision, I'll make it easy.I won't ask you this time, I'll tell you. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED AND YOU WON"T EVEN ADMIT IT !!!
Again, hypocrisy at its finest; after you have already declared that they are both "scumbags" and repeatedly stated that the police don't have enough evidence to warrant arresting him, I am forced to ask where YOU have gained this amazing insight into the case.  Do you have a direct line to the Sanford PD?  Are you in the state attorney's office?

If not, try following your own advice: if your position is that uninvolved civilians should not be offering opinions on this case, you should not be posting to this thread.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 10:41:23 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2012, 12:12:18 am »

Security footage popped up today from the night of the shooting. Zimmerman is brought into the police station, with no broken nose, and blood free clothes.
He also looks like he is in decent shape.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2012, 08:23:56 am »

I've had my nose broken as well I'm sure many of you have. Do you really expect to see his face stuffed with paper towels etc hours later? Even 1 hour later? For the record I watched a girl get her nose boken  just his past weekend. Not only did it stop bleeding but she went back into the game later. I am talking about a 14 year old girl.  Now later that day she had some minor black eyes and swelling but it didn't just happen immediately.

As well, I remember my brother getting his nose broken and having to spend several days in the hospital. Obviously Zimmerman's nose didn't look like that.   

Joe Oliver, (black former CNN Anchor) said he saw the gash in the back of his head and said it could have used a couple of stitches. Could it be an exaggeration? Yes. Could it have not shown up on the film? Yes as well.

The video is of low quality and does not show detail. It shows an officer looking at the back of his head at one point. It shows the officer checking him and then wiping his hand off. What was he looking at andf wiping off? I would think anyone reasonable wouldn't expect to see "bruising" at one hour but who knows? This will leave everyone exactly where they are at today. To make their own assumtions.

I have two assumtions that haven't changed. 1. Several people have concluded their wasn't enough evidence to prosecute him so in my mind they have good reasons. I can only assume we will see those reasons before it is over. 2. I think the Jacksonville State Attorney (or Grand Jury if she submits it) will move to file charges and most of this stuff will come out in court ... which is a good thing.  I think this will be a great learning tool to hopefully teach some people not to overreact in the future. In the event there is a huge conspiracy by local law enforcement to protect Zimmerman and it comes out it will change my mind tremendously of the charactor of not only society but my neighborhood.  It would rock my reality for lack of a better term. 
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 08:29:36 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2012, 09:08:25 am »

Interesting to learn the investigator made the recommendation to file charges only to have the prosecutor's office decline.

In that video, I wish there was a better shot of the back of the head. It isn't the greatest quality but I thought I may have seen what looked to be something although it obviously wasn't bleeding at the time. I really can't tell. As for the mention of no visible blood, what do people expect. He had received medical attention at the scene. Common sense tells you they cleaned the wound. I'm sure a paramedic isn't going to send someone away with an uncontrolloable wound saying they don't need any more attention.
BoSoxGrl
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Yes, It's real.

479075719 BoSoxGrl577 BoSoxGrl577
Email
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2012, 10:37:54 am »

I think Will Smith summed it up best.  "We live in America...where the girl who poured flour on Kim Kardashian was arrested on site.  But the man who shot Trayvon Martin is walking free."

Fact:  We know this guy shot him.
Fact:  This guy is walking free.

Hey, Any team can have a bad century.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2012, 11:20:53 am »

You mean to tell me that Zimmerman's account of his injuries may not have been accurate, and may have been embellished to enhance the supposed threat he faced?

But why would someone lie to avoid going to jail?  That doesn't make any sense...

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2012, 11:23:40 am »

Do we know if those clothes he's wearing in the video are the same from the incident?  If so, and Zimmerman claims that Treyvon was on top of him during the shot, wouldn't he have blood all over him?

I drink your milkshake!
badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2012, 12:29:12 pm »

This may come as a shock to you, but this discussion we are having is not taking place in a courtroom.  We are not a grand jury or a bench of circuit court judges.  This is an internet forum created entirely for the discussion of opinions.

No shock at all. I know this is not a courtroom, Zimmerman may never see a courtroom unless they determine that he broke a law, which may or may not happen. Also I am aware that internet forums are designed to discuss opinions. But if your opinions are based on made up facts, fake scenarios, and false assumptions based only on your agenda, then don't expect not to get called out on it.

Then why are you posting repeatedly to this thread, hypocrite?

Hypocrite, ha ha. I repeatedly post in this thread for entertainment purposes. I freely admit that I don't know enough facts to make a determination either way. If no compelling evidence comes to light then the whole thing is over with. If there is evidence that proves Zimmerman guilty, they fry his ass. At the end of the day it really doesn't matter what happens and won't affect me one way or the other. You on the other hand have made up your mind on what happened without KNOWING all of the facts. So, I am just discussing your opinion and the flawed logic you used to justify your "cause". After all aren't we here, as you put it, to discuss opinions  Wink

Again, hypocrisy at its finest; after you have already declared that they are both "scumbags"

Not sure why you keep bringing this up. I didn't call you a scumbag so why do you care ?

and repeatedly stated that the police don't have enough evidence to warrant arresting him, I am forced to ask where YOU have gained this amazing insight into the case.

No, the police themselves have repeatedly stated that they don't have enough evidence. If I am wrong about that someone please correct me.

Do you have a direct line to the Sanford PD?

No an indirect line.

Quotes from the Miami Herald*

-Before temporarily stepping down from his position on March 22,  former Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee said that there wasn't enough evidence to arrest Zimmmerman.

-Lee defended the police in a memo on the Sanford city website, writing: "Zimmerman provided a statement claiming he acted in self defense which at the time was supported by physical evidence and testimony. By Florida Statute, law enforcement was PROHIBITED from making an arrest based of the facts and circumstances they had at the time."

-Early in the investigation, Lee also said police found no evidence to establish probable cause in the case, which is need to arrest someone.

Are you in the state attorney's office?

Quote from the Miami Hearld*

"The Seminole County State Attorney's office has said previously that evidence obtained by police was insufficient for an arrest."

If not, try following your own advice: if your position is that uninvolved civilians should not be offering opinions on this case, you should not be posting to this thread.

I never gave any advice nor did I say that uninvolved civilians shouldn't be offering opinions. I directly told you that your opinion doesn't really matter. Then again neither does mine. This forum is for entertainment and opinions discussed here don't matter in the real world, hence the only opinion that really matters is that of law enforcement and prosecutors. So here I am letting you entertain me.....
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 46 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray