Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:05:16 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Trayvon Martin case
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 46 Print
Poll
Question: Do you think Zimmerman is
Guilty   -5 (25%)
Not Guilty   -2 (10%)
Self Defense   -1 (5%)
You don't know enough to decide   -12 (60%)
Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: Trayvon Martin case  (Read 150937 times)
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2012, 09:11:01 pm »

As a parent of a deceased teen, I can say it can actually be hard to find the right aged photo of your deceased child.  Not just emotionally, but physically the properly aged photos are not always easy to come by quickly or even at all. 

We had to run a picture of our boy for the newspaper that was probably 2 years old just because it was the best pic of him we could find in short notice.  Kids age quickly, and sadly, we didn't really have a decent photo of our own that captured the last few months of his life.

Don't know if that's the case here, but thought I would add my 2 cents worth.

Pats2006
Uber Member

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2012, 09:39:35 pm »

white supremacist site lol..

It all of a sudden turns into a race thing.. they some how find a way to make it racial when its not. Then on more sites then your "white supremacist site" people are quick to thow up stories how this is raciest.  You cant believe with what the media reports to base you opinion. They dont even report facts. So let me guess.. right after this story aired a media station was quick to report how one of the FL police officers sons beat up a black bum.. What does that have to do with the story? Let me guess the FL police are all raciest..
Why isnt the media covering the story where a witness came forward and said the seen Trayvon on top of Zimerman with the upper hand.. If you dont agree with why Zimerman isnt arrested look at the FL laws on guns. Zimerman did not break any laws thats why he was not arrested... remember you vote in these people to your government take it up with them..

oh.. wait not only the media is making this into a race thing Rep. Gregg Harper also is http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rFQ7T8iiNEo

cant forget him

or Obama If I had a son he would look like Trayvon.. Whats that have to do with anything?

Would this story have blown up like this if it was a 17 year old chinese kid?  I know that someone is going to think this guys "racist" so what does that make my black friends that think the same way?

« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 07:34:07 am by Pats2006 » Logged

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2012, 11:38:04 pm »

So, would this story have blown up if this were a 17 year old Asian or white kid?  If the killer were not arrested, it'd still be news, but you wouldn't see the race card being played.  The reason why is because Asians and whites are not typically the victims of racial profiling (as criminals).

Had the shooter been a person with inconspicuous African-American heritage (think Derek Jeter or Mariah Carey) and the victim been a dark-skinned Latino, this case would be almost exactly the same.  The idea that an unarmed kid of suspicious race (that had not actually done anything wrong) can be gunned down with no legal repercussions for the killer is extremely troubling to anyone who has experienced racial profiling.

I will also say that the response of certain people, coming in this thread to complain that they can't say the n-word or wear a White Power t-shirt without being frowned upon, only serves to exacerbate the issue.  If you honestly believe that the lack of a white counterpart to the NAACP is an offense equivalent to an unarmed teenager being legally killed for Walking While Black, you are part of the problem.

Buddhagirl
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2012, 07:23:27 am »

As a parent of a deceased teen, I can say it can actually be hard to find the right aged photo of your deceased child.  Not just emotionally, but physically the properly aged photos are not always easy to come by quickly or even at all. 

We had to run a picture of our boy for the newspaper that was probably 2 years old just because it was the best pic of him we could find in short notice.  Kids age quickly, and sadly, we didn't really have a decent photo of our own that captured the last few months of his life.

Don't know if that's the case here, but thought I would add my 2 cents worth.

That's horrible and I'm so, so sorry.

"Well behaved women seldom make history."
Pats2006
Uber Member

XxDevilDog
« Reply #109 on: March 30, 2012, 08:23:35 am »

So im curious to hear how you guys feel about the Black Panthers putting a bounty on Zimmerman?

Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #110 on: March 30, 2012, 08:40:36 am »

If you honestly believe that the lack of a white counterpart to the NAACP is an offense equivalent to an unarmed teenager being legally killed for Walking While Black, you are part of the problem.

I would actually say the NAACP is part of the problem and that when blacks can have their own TV channel and say things that would have a white guy chastised is part of the problem. I was watching the latest slam dunk challenge and they were interviewing Sean Combs on the court and at the end of the interview, being broadcasted in the stadium, he actually said "Black Power". If a white guy said "White Power" he would have been thought to be a member of the KKK and would have had his life ruined, but somehow it's ok if a black guy says the same thing. That's actually where the problem is. Not knowing there is reverse-discrimination and not doing anything about it.

EDIT: Just to state my opinion, if Zimmerman broke the law while he killed Trayvon, then yes, throw the harshest penalty at him (I'm a proponent of the death penalty). If he didn't, then move on.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 08:57:03 am by Cathal » Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #111 on: March 30, 2012, 08:48:35 am »

So, would this story have blown up if this were a 17 year old Asian or white kid?  If the killer were not arrested, it'd still be news, but you wouldn't see the race card being played.  The reason why is because Asians and whites are not typically the victims of racial profiling (as criminals).

Had the shooter been a person with inconspicuous African-American heritage (think Derek Jeter or Mariah Carey) and the victim been a dark-skinned Latino, this case would be almost exactly the same.  The idea that an unarmed kid of suspicious race (that had not actually done anything wrong) can be gunned down with no legal repercussions for the killer is extremely troubling to anyone who has experienced racial profiling.

I will also say that the response of certain people, coming in this thread to complain that they can't say the n-word or wear a White Power t-shirt without being frowned upon, only serves to exacerbate the issue.  If you honestly believe that the lack of a white counterpart to the NAACP is an offense equivalent to an unarmed teenager being legally killed for Walking While Black, you are part of the problem.
Again if the people involved weren't themselves "racial profilers" they would post pics of him that are current. He had a ton of pics on his facebook... as does most kids. I specifically heard a local black female DJ say that she moves to the other side of the street if she sees a group of  black wanna be ganster looking kids coming at her. She said they don't paint a picture of law abiding citizens but then again, they aren't trying to. I think everyone does it even if it isn't a conscious decision as is proven by hidding his pictures. People like to pretend it is only a white thing but it goes well beyond that and to pretend it doesn't creates a larger problem.

I also think this is a big case because it can be. I am convinced Al and Jesse got involved for the money it will make them and little else. I see the people here. They are here to see the rock stars Jesse and Al as much as anything else. To be a part of what Jesse and Al are doing. Just like the former NAACP leader C.L. Bryant said ... Let’s have the same type of energy towards the young lady, the little girl who was killed on her door steps in Chicago who was six-years old,” Bryant said. “Let’s gather 2 million people and talk about the black-on-black crime that is going on. The most dangerous person in the life of a young black man is another young black man. And the type of ideas that are spawned when we gather together over a white-on-black murder — and in fact, there is not an epidemic of white men killing black boys. There is an epidemic of black boys, black men killing black men and all of them know that,” he explained. “And so let’s focus the energy on solving the problem that happens every day, not something that happens once in a while.”

Central Florida is at the top of the list violent crimes in the United States. It's number 3 according to US News and thats mostly black on black crime. Where is the outrage there? Why aren't they marching up Paramore or OBT in Orlando to chase out the crime?

This is a very tragic story indeed but there has been so much negativity brought on by it that I'm not sure it is worth it. At the end of the day the "law" is going to do what it is going to do.  It's so easy to get behind bashing the redneck police in the "plantation town" of Sanford that people can't help themselves.  I have to admit that I was/am surprised at how this whole thing has been portrayed. In fact it has caused to me to rethink history and take it with a grain of salt. The sensationalism is well ... unbelievable to me.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 08:55:56 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #112 on: March 30, 2012, 09:35:07 am »

I will also say that the response of certain people, coming in this thread to complain that they can't say the n-word or wear a White Power t-shirt without being frowned upon, only serves to exacerbate the issue.

That would be me. Sometimes the truth hurts and people(that would be you)start to rationalize and spin things. I never said anything about a white power t-shirt or NAACP, did I. Yes or no ? See there you go inciting your racial hate again. I simply made a comparison and gave examples of the double standard that exists in this country, in the media, and how it relates to this situation. If you can't or won't comprehend what I am saying and at least admit it, then you are in denial and the only hypocrite that I see. Maybe you should see someone about your racial anger issues, it might help

If you honestly believe that the lack of a white counterpart to the NAACP is an offense equivalent to an unarmed teenager being legally killed for Walking While Black, you are part of the problem.

Killed for Walking While Black ? Really, are you fucking serious ? You still don't even know all the facts and are still spouting your racial propaganda. Again, maybe you should see someone about your racial anger issues, it might help you in life.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 10:15:34 am by badger6 » Logged
suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #113 on: March 30, 2012, 09:35:22 am »

Never let a good crisis go to waste.  Evil

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #114 on: March 30, 2012, 11:11:37 am »

So im curious to hear how you guys feel about the Black Panthers putting a bounty on Zimmerman?

That's awful.  But that's a few moron vigilates.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #115 on: March 30, 2012, 12:10:09 pm »

I would actually say the NAACP is part of the problem and that when blacks can have their own TV channel and say things that would have a white guy chastised is part of the problem. I was watching the latest slam dunk challenge and they were interviewing Sean Combs on the court and at the end of the interview, being broadcasted in the stadium, he actually said "Black Power". If a white guy said "White Power" he would have been thought to be a member of the KKK and would have had his life ruined, but somehow it's ok if a black guy says the same thing. That's actually where the problem is. Not knowing there is reverse-discrimination and not doing anything about it.
It is difficult to accept claims that the playing field has already been leveled and pro-minority groups, affirmative action, etc. should be ended when unarmed black kids are being legally killed in the street for being "suspicious."

Which is kind of the point of the argument.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #116 on: March 30, 2012, 12:12:15 pm »

It's illegal and they should be arrested and prosecuted.

You know, like the opposite of what is happening to Zimmerman.

Pats2006
Uber Member

XxDevilDog
« Reply #117 on: March 30, 2012, 01:14:45 pm »

It's illegal and they should be arrested and prosecuted.

You know, like the opposite of what is happening to Zimmerman.
That's awful.  But that's a few moron vigilates.

So why isnt the news reporting this garbage? Now if this was a white supremacy group and it was the other way around the news would blow this up

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #118 on: March 30, 2012, 01:18:58 pm »

I'd feel a whole lot better about it if I actually knew where Zimmerman was hiding. Wink

So why isnt the news reporting this garbage? Now if this was a white supremacy group and it was the other way around the news would blow this up

The news IS reporting that garbage, otherwise you never would have heard about it (assuming you don't hang out at Black Panthers meetings, of course).

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #119 on: March 30, 2012, 01:27:57 pm »

Pats2006, are you seriously asking why a bounty threat from a fringe group is not blowing up in the news?
Do you honestly believe that if the Aryan Brotherhood took out a bounty on OJ Simpson, that should also be a huge story?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 46 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray