Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:10:35 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Trayvon Martin case
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 46 Print
Poll
Question: Do you think Zimmerman is
Guilty   -5 (25%)
Not Guilty   -2 (10%)
Self Defense   -1 (5%)
You don't know enough to decide   -12 (60%)
Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: Trayvon Martin case  (Read 148884 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #120 on: March 30, 2012, 01:43:00 pm »

So has Spike Lee been arrested?  Has the Black Panthers who put out the bounty been arrested? 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #121 on: March 30, 2012, 01:49:42 pm »

So why isnt the news reporting this garbage?

They are.  I saw this on the news on more than one network.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #122 on: March 30, 2012, 01:50:29 pm »

A former DA made an interesting point:

Let's suppose we take Zimmerman at his word and he was the victim of an assault by Martin, during which he suffered a broken nose and a deep gash to the back of his head.

If this is the case, where are the pictures of the injuries that Zimmerman suffered?  Isn't it standard practice to take pictures of a victim's injuries?

This has nothing to do with the "can't prosecute him because of the self-defense law!" part of the argument.  Zimmerman claims that he was a victim of an assault.  This assault is the basis for his self-defense claim.  So where are the pictures substantiating this claim of assault?

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #123 on: March 30, 2012, 01:53:26 pm »

Anyone talking about Spike Lee and The Black Panthers -- that's irellevant.

The media isn't always going to report the stories equally.  They didn't with OJ.  Plenty of people kill their wives.   They didn't with Casey Anthony.  That's just reality and if you focus on "well...why don't you hear about this other case", you're in for an endless circlejerk.

You have to look at each case on its own merit.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #124 on: March 30, 2012, 02:32:16 pm »

A former DA made an interesting point:

Let's suppose we take Zimmerman at his word and he was the victim of an assault by Martin, during which he suffered a broken nose and a deep gash to the back of his head.

If this is the case, where are the pictures of the injuries that Zimmerman suffered?  Isn't it standard practice to take pictures of a victim's injuries?

They have not presented their case as to why they didn't press charges as it has never been a closed case. This is what everyone has been saying since the beginning.  We either assume they have evidence to support this or we assume they do not. It's the reasons behind why we think either of these that is tearing everyone apart.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 02:36:34 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #125 on: March 30, 2012, 03:11:04 pm »

They have not presented their case as to why they didn't press charges as it has never been a closed case. This is what everyone has been saying since the beginning.  We either assume they have evidence to support this or we assume they do not. It's the reasons behind why we think either of these that is tearing everyone apart.

I think that is the problem. People assume things that they don't know and make up their own facts based on their own agendas. Everyone should reserve judgement until all the facts come out.  If there is video tape evidence showing Trayvon on his knees pleading for his life or some other irrefutable evidence of guilt. Sure fry his ass. But until then it's all speculation. But if evidence to the contrary comes out I venture to say that all these racial hate mongers won't even apologize about it. The same way it happened with Jackson and Sharpton in the Duke lacrosse scandal. Zimmerman is innocent until evidence proving otherwise is found, simple as that.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #126 on: March 30, 2012, 06:33:53 pm »

...except that the police are not collecting evidence because they decided not to charge Zimmerman.

Why do you keep comparing this case to others in which suspects were actually arrested?  They are not comparable.

P.S.  Were you as adamant about withholding judgment on Casey Anthony and OJ Simpson as you are about George Zimmerman?  Or is this a newfound devotion to due process?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 06:51:39 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #127 on: March 30, 2012, 09:26:12 pm »

So has Spike Lee been arrested?  Has the Black Panthers who put out the bounty been arrested? 

Spike Lee has called and apologized to the couple and settled out of court for the damages they suffered as a result of his mistake.
Guru-In-Vegas
Uber Member

I found it cheaper on the internet

« Reply #128 on: March 31, 2012, 03:01:16 pm »

As a parent of a deceased teen, I can say it can actually be hard to find the right aged photo of your deceased child.  Not just emotionally, but physically the properly aged photos are not always easy to come by quickly or even at all. 

We had to run a picture of our boy for the newspaper that was probably 2 years old just because it was the best pic of him we could find in short notice.  Kids age quickly, and sadly, we didn't really have a decent photo of our own that captured the last few months of his life.

Don't know if that's the case here, but thought I would add my 2 cents worth.

Your post gave me goosebumps ... and a lump in my throat.  As a new parent I can't imagine going what you've gone through.  I'm terribly sorry.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #129 on: April 01, 2012, 09:12:29 am »

The idea that a law can exist that allows a 250lb grown-ass man to shoot and kill an unarmed 140lb kid in the street with no legal repercussions is an outrage.

I'd like to jump in on one point, this one:  Spider has addressed this several times, the "250 pound versus 140 pound" thing.  I've studied martial arts for over 30 years.  I teach it.  I have been involved in every self defense scenario known to man, I literally can't think of one which hasn't been brought to me to be addressed.

250 pounds, 140 pounds, 5'4, 6'4...this all doesn't matter.  Please stop.  I have zero idea what happened on the night this young man lost his life.  What I do know is this: I've physically witnessed a tall, lanky kid whup the ass of a older, stronger person on many occasion - in a controlled atmosphere.  Toss "fight versus flight" into the fray and anything can happen.

"It's not the fight of the dog in the fight, it's size of the fight in the dog."
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 09:14:01 am by MaineDolFan » Logged

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Pats2006
Uber Member

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
« Reply #130 on: April 01, 2012, 09:41:41 am »

I'd like to jump in on one point, this one:  Spider has addressed this several times, the "250 pound versus 140 pound" thing.  I've studied martial arts for over 30 years.  I teach it.  I have been involved in every self defense scenario known to man, I literally can't think of one which hasn't been brought to me to be addressed.

250 pounds, 140 pounds, 5'4, 6'4...this all doesn't matter.  Please stop.  I have zero idea what happened on the night this young man lost his life.  What I do know is this: I've physically witnessed a tall, lanky kid whup the ass of a older, stronger person on many occasion - in a controlled atmosphere.  Toss "fight versus flight" into the fray and anything can happen.

"It's not the fight of the dog in the fight, it's size of the fight in the dog."

x2 size dont mean a thing.

Guru-In-Vegas
Uber Member

« Reply #131 on: April 01, 2012, 10:21:06 am »

Although this may be true in some circumstances - like a gym where both "fighters" are training - it's a little more rare on the street.  My total guess anyway.  Also, that smaller guy probably has an ass ton more training.

250 vs. 140 is a HUGE difference.   I used to "roll" (jiu-jitsu / grappling) with my buddy and I'm in pretty damn good shape at 175 while he was in pretty damn good shape at 225.  I felt like a 90 lb girl when going up against this guy.  I just find it hard to believe a 17 year old tall skinny kid posed a threat to this man's life with his bare hands. 
badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #132 on: April 01, 2012, 10:29:48 am »

Although this may be true in some circumstances - like a gym where both "fighters" are training - it's a little more rare on the street.  My total guess anyway.  Also, that smaller guy probably has an ass ton more training.

250 vs. 140 is a HUGE difference.   I used to "roll" (jiu-jitsu / grappling) with my buddy and I'm in pretty damn good shape at 175 while he was in pretty damn good shape at 225.  I felt like a 90 lb girl when going up against this guy.  I just find it hard to believe a 17 year old tall skinny kid posed a threat to this man's life with his bare hands. 

Doesn't really matter much. If the "little boy" put his hands on the "big man", the "big man" should feel threatened. Just because you are bigger or weigh more doesn't mean you don't get to protect yourself. I don't like people putting their hands on me regardless of what they weigh. If Trayvon in any way got physical with Zimmerman then he was justified.
Guru-In-Vegas
Uber Member

« Reply #133 on: April 01, 2012, 11:18:17 am »

So if you were followed and had "hands put on you" you don't get to protect yourself but if you get "hands on you" after instigating a fight you get to shoot someone.  Got it.

el diablo
« Reply #134 on: April 01, 2012, 01:05:01 pm »

Doesn't really matter much. If the "little boy" put his hands on the "big man", the "big man" should feel threatened. Just because you are bigger or weigh more doesn't mean you don't get to protect yourself. I don't like people putting their hands on me regardless of what they weigh. If Trayvon in any way got physical with Zimmerman then he was justified.

Maybe if "the little boy" wore an orange vest that read "VISITOR", than the "big man" wouldn't have felt "threatened" enough to follow the "little boy".
Or maybe "the little boy" should have just known that anyone following him, is not someone wishing to do harm. But a concerned citizen making sure he got to his destination safely. After all, only strangers in vans are dangerous. Not ones driving a truck.
Weight may or may not matter. Common sense does. Zimmerman didn't show any.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 46 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray