Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:10:28 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Trayvon Martin case
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 46 Print
Poll
Question: Do you think Zimmerman is
Guilty   -5 (25%)
Not Guilty   -2 (10%)
Self Defense   -1 (5%)
You don't know enough to decide   -12 (60%)
Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: Trayvon Martin case  (Read 148905 times)
suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #255 on: April 13, 2012, 12:46:58 pm »

That poster looks about as real as Obama's birth certificate. LOL

This is what I was referring to. http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/topstories/story/NBPP-says-Zimmerman-is-Wanted-dead-or-alive/oenX9ta4FEyiMufpPMNNww.cspx

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #256 on: April 13, 2012, 02:04:38 pm »

1) I just provided a copy of the flier; if you can find a picture of one that says "dead or alive", I'm happy to see it
2) From the article you cited (emphasis added): "The focus is on Trayvon. The focus is on arresting this no good devil, this no good dog that killed an innocent child and that is the focus of the New Black Panther Party."
3) I already linked an article from the national chairman of the NBPP explicitly stating that the bounty was for a citizen's arrest
4) Most importantly, why are the positions of an extremist group even relevant to the discussion?  How much time should we spend discussing the KKK's position on this case?  I'm guessing near-zero, because nobody cares what the KKK thinks and they do not represent any sizable portion of the population.

suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #257 on: April 13, 2012, 02:09:40 pm »

You didn't bother to click the link I provided did you. LOL Lesson learned, don't discuss issues with people who are certain in their beliefs despite the overwhelming evidence of their ignorance.

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #258 on: April 13, 2012, 02:19:15 pm »

How much time should we spend discussing the KKK's position on this case?  I'm guessing near-zero, because nobody cares what the KKK thinks and they do not represent any sizable portion of the population.

I'd say the could likely care less as George Zimmerman doesn't really look like their poster boy.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #259 on: April 13, 2012, 04:48:47 pm »

You didn't bother to click the link I provided did you.
I await your explanation for how I produced a quote from your article without clicking on the link.  Which you are aware of, having actually read my post before clicking Reply and all.

suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #260 on: April 13, 2012, 05:21:10 pm »

I guess it was your willful ignoring of the huge bolded headline

NBPP says Zimmerman is "Wanted dead or alive"

and the 2nd paragraph of the article

They issued a flier that says George Zimmerman is "wanted dead or alive."

and the video that shows the dead or alive flyer and discusses it at length that threw me off.

My bad. After reading all the talk about killing Zimmerman

Mikhail Muhammad with the NBPP said, "The family of George Zimmerman must understand an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.  If you kill my damn baby, we're going to kill your damn baby."

I must have forgotten about the quote you grabbed from the end of the article.

LOL

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #261 on: April 13, 2012, 05:22:25 pm »

3) I already linked an article from the national chairman of the NBPP explicitly stating that the bounty was for a citizen's arrest
Seriously? Defending the NBPP? Even if you "thought" you were right you would be wrong and i know you are smarter than to believe that. They are as racist as the KKK and there isn't anything you could say to defend them that wouldn't make you look bad. Even the brothers in Sanford wanted those guys out of here.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #262 on: April 13, 2012, 05:40:59 pm »

I asked for a picture of the flyer, as I had not seen one.  There is no picture of the flyer in the article.  I have Flashblock on so I don't even see those videos (or the preview), and don't feel like sitting through commercials unless someone specifically says "watch the video."

That all being said:

1) the NBPP is an extremist, fringe organization that does not represent any significant constituency
2) even the national chairman of this extremist, fringe organization has specifically stated that they were looking for a citizen's arrest

So then, if your best evidence of the lawless undercurrent of general black unrest is that some crazy wackos in a fringe organization are calling for violence, when even the national leader of this fringe, extremist organization is emphasizing a citizen's arrest, your position is pretty baseless.

If some members of the KKK are calling for an open race war, and the national leader of the KKK is saying, "Whoa, everyone should calm down, we just want to make sure no whites are getting hurt," should we spend several pages discussing the impending Race War on Minorities by the white population?

tl;dr- Why does anyone care what the KKK, NBPP, Council of Conservative Citizens, Neo-Nazis, or any other racist organization says?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 05:53:27 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #263 on: April 13, 2012, 06:01:03 pm »

I asked for a picture of the flyer, as I had not seen one.  There is no picture of the flyer in the article.  I have Flashblock on so I don't even see those videos (or the preview), and don't feel like sitting through commercials unless someone specifically says "watch the video."

LMAO That is some of the most weak ass stuff I've ever seen on the internets.

There *is* a dead or alive poster. That fact that you choose to deny it and continue to carry water for a bunch racist ass hats says everything I need to know.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #264 on: April 13, 2012, 06:14:56 pm »

Yes, in the video there is a dead or alive poster, so we know that angle isn't being completely invented by the right (unlike, say, the "Zimmerman was screaming for help" angle).  However, you have yet to explain why anyone should care what the NBPP thinks.

Of course, given you are also openly ridiculing the "authenticity" of Obama's birth certificate, I guess you are happy to give credibility to fringe organizations of all types.  Kudos to you for your consistency, at least.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 06:18:34 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #265 on: April 13, 2012, 06:15:42 pm »

That all being said:

1) the NBPP is an extremist, fringe organization that does not represent any significant constituency
2) even the national chairman of this extremist, fringe organization has specifically stated that they were looking for a citizen's arrest

So then, if your best evidence of the lawless undercurrent of general black unrest is that some crazy wackos in a fringe organization are calling for violence, when even the national leader of this fringe, extremist organization is emphasizing a citizen's arrest, your position is pretty baseless.

If some members of the KKK are calling for an open race war, and the national leader of the KKK is saying, "Whoa, everyone should calm down, we just want to make sure no whites are getting hurt," should we spend several pages discussing the impending Race War on Minorities by the white population?

tl;dr- Why does anyone care what the KKK, NBPP, Council of Conservative Citizens, Neo-Nazis, or any other racist organization says?
Obviously you care as you keep defending them. Citizen's arrest when the police aren't looking to arrest him? Again ... you should stop.

B the way according to a booking sheet, Zimmerman weighs 185 pounds and is 5 foot 8 inches tall. This kind of throws a wrench into the 250 lb gorilla theory.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #266 on: April 13, 2012, 06:20:55 pm »

Obviously you care as you keep defending them. Citizen's arrest when the police aren't looking to arrest him? Again ... you should stop.
How many times do I have to say this?

1) no one should care what they are saying, as they are a fringe organization
2) even IF (<--- this part is important) you DID care about what they are saying (which you should NOT), the NBPP is not calling for Zimmerman's head, according to their own leader

B the way according to a booking sheet, Zimmerman weighs 185 pounds and is 5 foot 8 inches tall.
Links, please.

bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #267 on: April 13, 2012, 06:21:27 pm »

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #268 on: April 13, 2012, 06:23:54 pm »

bsmooth, apparently some local NBPP members in Florida printed out a flyer that said WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE.  The NBPP national chairman decided that that position was far too extreme (for his extremist organization!) and clarified that their reward was for a citizen's arrest of Zimmerman.

bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #269 on: April 13, 2012, 06:24:55 pm »

bsmooth, apparently some local NBPP members in Florida printed out a flyer that said WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE.  The NBPP national chairman decided that that position was far too extreme (for his extremist organization!) and clarified that their reward was for a citizen's arrest of Zimmerman.

The only one I have seen on the web and on the news is the one I linked.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 46 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray