Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:22:28 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Trayvon Martin case
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 46 Print
Poll
Question: Do you think Zimmerman is
Guilty   -5 (25%)
Not Guilty   -2 (10%)
Self Defense   -1 (5%)
You don't know enough to decide   -12 (60%)
Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: Trayvon Martin case  (Read 151006 times)
suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #270 on: April 13, 2012, 06:28:43 pm »

The bc thing was a joke.... mostly. HAHA

I live in OKC where a very small number of fringe racist asshats killed 168 innocents. How many people do you think it takes to wreak havoc on society? 10,000? A million?

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #271 on: April 13, 2012, 06:30:12 pm »

Links, please. But there better be pictures. Text and video don't count.

fify  Grin

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #272 on: April 13, 2012, 06:51:18 pm »

I live in OKC where a very small number of fringe racist asshats killed 168 innocents. How many people do you think it takes to wreak havoc on society? 10,000? A million?
Let's cut to the chase, here.  What is the point of bringing up the NBPP?

Do you think the individuals who printed the WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE poster should be arrested?  No objection from me.  (On a related note, the Tampa Chief of Police directly contacted one of the NBPP members who made those type of "dead or alive" comments.  This individual later issued a public apology and retraction.)

Do you think the NBPP should be aggressively dismantled by the feds?  The continued existence of the KKK and Neo-Nazis says that's unlikely.

Do you think the statement by NBPP members should be taken as an indicator of the general black population?  If not the general black population, then whom, exactly?

They are a fringe organization, and their opinion is about as relevant to the Zimmerman case as the KKK's opinion of Kobe Bryant was in his rape trial.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 06:54:53 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #273 on: April 13, 2012, 06:58:46 pm »

I don't know, why don't you ask Hoodie as he's the one you basically implied was a racist after he brought up the bounty.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #274 on: April 13, 2012, 08:04:35 pm »

Mike Tyson on George Zimmerman: ‘It’s a disgrace he hasn’t been shot yet’

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/mike-tyson-trayvon-martin-case-disgrace-george-zimmerman-221115400.html

Another crazy person says crazy things.  I'm sure conservatives everywhere will insist that this statement needs to be Thoroughly Discussed.

Remember that this comment came from the same man who threatened to eat Lennox Lewis' children.

Landshark
« Reply #275 on: April 13, 2012, 10:25:24 pm »

Mike Tyson on George Zimmerman: ‘It’s a disgrace he hasn’t been shot yet’

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/mike-tyson-trayvon-martin-case-disgrace-george-zimmerman-221115400.html

Another crazy person says crazy things.  I'm sure conservatives everywhere will insist that this statement needs to be Thoroughly Discussed.

Remember that this comment came from the same man who threatened to eat Lennox Lewis' children.

I'd love to see George Zimmerman call the cops on Mike Tyson, and then pursue him.  I'm sure the dispatcher will definitely advise Zimmerman not to pursue.   Cheesy
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #276 on: April 13, 2012, 11:28:21 pm »

If he had shot Mike Tyson, everyone would have agreed that his life was in danger.

Or at a very minimum, his ears.

suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #277 on: April 14, 2012, 01:05:32 am »

Breaking out the strawman..... you know all the tricks.

There is an interesting Tyson bit since you brought him up regarding leftwing media/entertainment bias. Mel Gibson was to have a cameo in The Hangover 2 but that just wouldn't fly with the upstanding people involved in the production. Of course working with a psychotic ear eating rapist was not a problem.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 01:07:14 am by suck for luck » Logged

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #278 on: April 14, 2012, 01:53:46 am »

Excellent point.  Let's set the "strawmen" aside and get back to the point:

I don't know, why don't you ask Hoodie as he's the one you basically implied was a racist after he brought up the bounty.
So then, I take your response to mean that you don't actually have any real justification for repeatedly referencing the NBPP over the last three pages?

If you agree that their viewpoint is not relevant, I am very interested in hearing you explain why you continually cited their statements as proof of the dangerous mob mentality threatening Zimmerman.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #279 on: April 14, 2012, 06:26:27 am »

Links, please.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/12/justice/florida-zimmerman-jail/index.html

According to a booking sheet, Zimmerman weighs 185 pounds and is 5 foot 8 inches tall. Tattoos include theatrical masks and a cross on the chest. He is listed as being unemployed.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #280 on: April 14, 2012, 11:32:18 am »

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/12/justice/florida-zimmerman-jail/index.html

According to a booking sheet, Zimmerman weighs 185 pounds and is 5 foot 8 inches tall. Tattoos include theatrical masks and a cross on the chest. He is listed as being unemployed.

185 lbs, whoa. I wouldn't wanna fuck with that big gorilla !!! Ha, ha, ha, the African American lynch mob at its finest. What a crock of shit..........
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #281 on: April 14, 2012, 11:36:10 am »

I've been saying for weeks this size difference story was bullshit.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #282 on: April 14, 2012, 11:57:35 am »

(edit: I didn't like the original tone of this post)

If, as a result of this investigation into an alleged crime, evidence is discovered that proves Zimmerman's innocence (or more accurately, fails to prove his guilt), great!  That's why we have a justice system.

My entire point of contention was that he wasn't even arrested.  Now that an actual criminal case is being brought, we will see which claims were real and which were fictional.  It may be true that events transpired exactly as Zimmerman claimed, or it may not be.  He will have his day in court to make that case.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 12:17:53 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #283 on: April 14, 2012, 12:24:52 pm »

The most damning piece of evidence I feel is the pursuit piece. As I mentioned previously different judges have made conflicting rulings in this area.

Modified to add, possibly the help screams. It will be interesting to see how the defense will work to either refute the reports or have them excluded from evidence.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 12:31:36 pm by Phishfan » Logged
Landshark
« Reply #284 on: April 14, 2012, 02:33:15 pm »

The most damning piece of evidence I feel is the pursuit piece. As I mentioned previously different judges have made conflicting rulings in this area.

Modified to add, possibly the help screams. It will be interesting to see how the defense will work to either refute the reports or have them excluded from evidence.

I was talking with a friend of mine about this.  A friend who happens to be in the legal system here in Bay County.  He says if Zimmerman was told not to pursue Martin by the dispatcher and he did anyway, then the Stand Your Ground law does not apply as Zimmerman initiated the altercation. 

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing this is what transpired:  When Zimmerman pursued Martin, Martin turned around and said, "Why the fuck are you following me?"  Some harsh words were exchanged and then they started trading blows.  In the process, Martin got the upper hand and had Zimmerman on his back, at which point Zimmerman pulled out his gun and shot Martin. 

If Zimmerman pursued Martin against the dispatchers orders, then he is guilty or a crime, but not of second degree murder. 
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 46 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray