Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:37:53 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  So you say you don't want Tannehill at #8. Who DO you want?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: So you say you don't want Tannehill at #8. Who DO you want?  (Read 8533 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: April 03, 2012, 06:04:41 pm »

No, you don't get to say Luck, RGIII, Blackmon or even Richardson, because they are gonna be gone. If Cleveland doesn't take Blackmon at #4, someone else will before #8. Probably the same with Richardson.

So assuming that Luck, RGIII, Kalil, Blackmon and Richardson are the first 5 picks as just about every mock draft I have seen has them going, who do you pick at #8 INSTEAD of Tannehill? Who is better value at #8? Make your pick and make your case.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 06:06:31 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 06:22:01 pm »

Michael Floyd  WR  Notre Dame

Need offensive players. PERIOD!

Defense in this league almost doesn't matter any more. Giants, Pats, and Packers proved that. So finding a pass rusher opposite Wake, I think with Oddrick at LDE and Dansby now at OLB that our pass rush will be fine. And we can draft a pass rusher in Rounds 2 or 3. Round 1 we need an IMPACT Offensive player at a skill position (assuming we don't draft a QB)
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 06:57:14 pm »

Miami will use the pick on the best available offensive Right Tackle.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 07:34:14 pm »

That's all well and good, but I didn't ask who Miami will take, I asked who YOU would take?

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 09:04:31 pm »

If Miami drafts a RT or RG they ought to just pack up and move to LA. Because the fan base will revolt and stop showing up to gamss and they will just end up moving in time anyway. Let Ross move to the city with all his "celebrity" friends!  Jacksonville will draw more fans than the Fins this year if they do something stupid like that.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 07:20:04 am »

Why are we not allowed to say Blackmon? Cleveland just lost Hillis- I think it's more likely they go with a rb; Tampa, the Rams, and Jags have just as many homes as Miami, so I'm not convinced that they will absolutely take Blackmon between them. Since it's your thread, though, I'll play by your rules- so I say Melvin Ingram. No other WRs- even as much as Miami needs one- is worth the #8 pick. Would rather have a pass rusher. Not sure how many people realize the contribution JT made last year, and without him, Wake needs help rushing the passer. -EK
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 07:55:06 am »

Blackmon or Floyd
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 11:55:56 am »

Why are we not allowed to say Blackmon?
2 reasons.
1 - I think it's highly unlikely that he's available at #8. Even if Cleveland doesn't take him, St. Louis probably would.
2 - I've already conceeded that if Blackmon IS available I can see him being a better value than Tannehill, but that doesn't diminish the value of Tannehill at #8, that just means that Blackmon is a better value. I've seen several people say they don't think Tannehill is a good value at #8, well I'm looking for someone to step up and name someone that will probably BE available at #8 that they think is a better value than Tannehill. That's what I'm trying to get at.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 12:04:48 pm »

If it wasn't for the fact that Miami just gave a two year deal to Paul Soliai, I'd say that I want NT Dontari Poe...

If it wasn't for the fact that I don't want MikeO's head to explode, I'd say that I want OG David DeCastro...

Aw fuck it...I'd take either of those two guys.

I think we can address WR in round two, I think Tannehill isn't the answer at QB, and I think OT Riley Reiff is overrated. DeCastro WILL (not could be, not might be) become the best offensive guard in the NFL. I think Dontari Poe is the rare type of NT who can have a significant effect on a team's ability to rush the QB.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 12:13:17 pm »

If it wasn't for the fact that I don't want MikeO's head to explode, I'd say that I want OG David DeCastro...

Aw fuck it...I'd take either of those two guys.
But you would lean toward DeCastro for the aformentioned reason, am I right?  Evil

I have to add, that MikeO's head might not be the only one exploding if we take an offensive lineman with the #8 pick. That idea makes my head hurt just thinking about it. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 12:24:37 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

bsfins
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 01:16:54 pm »

Sorry,but I'm gonna play this as I'm the GM instead of Who do I want....

I think there is going to be a shake up in the top 10 picks,I think there is enough teams laying in the weeds...Ie Like Atlanta jumping up and taking Julio Jones @ 6....

I'm thinking if Cleveland does take Tannehill,and Richardson falls,or Someone tries to jump the Rams for Blackmon,or hell even jumps up to try to take Floyd,or Claiborne..Whomever...

I think something is going to happen,someone isn't taken whom everyone thinks,or a trade...

So My safe pick is the DeCastro the lineman,or De Melvin Ingram over Quintin Coples (The idea of having to keep a player motivated bothers me)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 02:03:53 pm »

But you would lean toward DeCastro for the aformentioned reason, am I right?  Evil

I have to add, that MikeO's head might not be the only one exploding if we take an offensive lineman with the #8 pick. That idea makes my head hurt just thinking about it. Smiley

For the last 4-5 years, it seemed like all my 49ers were doing was taking O-line studs in round one. They had two first round picks one of the years, and they took two O-linemen. I think a stud O-line is often underappreciated because people look at the flashier players like WR, RB, CB, etc...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 05:13:24 pm »

How many more early picks can we tie up in o-linmen? Long, Pouncey, now another one? Not to mention Jerry in Rd 3. I mean for the love of christ all of these picks and the o-line still sucks! What Matt Millen was to WR's the Miami Dolphins are to o-linemen! PICK ANOTHER POSITION!

They cannot take a guard or a right tackle (which are the lesser of the 5 positions on the o-line) in the Top 10. It is beyond stupid on all levels. When they have no quarterback or WR's to speak of it would be dumb beyond belief to go right tackle or guard at #8. I'm against taking defense at #8, but if they got Ingram or Coples I could at least see some logic behind it. Because it means they will let Wake walk next year when he is a FA and wants Mario Williams money. I could live with it even though I wouldn't agree with it. But a G or RT would be so friggin stupid there would be no defense for that pick.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2012, 05:17:39 pm »

That's all well and good, but I didn't ask who Miami will take, I asked who YOU would take?

Okay well taking into consideration that this is a throw away season for the Dolphins (no QB, traded only receiving threat), I'd take Chandler Jones, DE, out of Syracuse.  Comes from a successful athletic family, and Miami will need help on the Defensive line.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 05:24:13 pm »

For the last 4-5 years, it seemed like all my 49ers were doing was taking O-line studs in round one. They had two first round picks one of the years, and they took two O-linemen. I think a stud O-line is often underappreciated because people look at the flashier players like WR, RB, CB, etc...
I have plenty of appreciation for a stud O-line, my problem is having to use a 1st round pick on an offensive lineman every other year to get that. One every once in a while is ok. 3 in 5 years and you better have the best damn O-line in the NFL hands down.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray