Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:06:18 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  So you say you don't want Tannehill at #8. Who DO you want?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: So you say you don't want Tannehill at #8. Who DO you want?  (Read 8531 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 05:25:37 pm »

Okay well taking into consideration that this is a throw away season for the Dolphins (no QB, traded only receiving threat), I'd take Chandler Jones, DE, out of Syracuse.  Comes from a successful athletic family, and Miami will need help on the Defensive line.

God I saw him play up here a lot. Never loved the kid. Decent player. I know he will go in Rd 2 somewhere but I think that is a reach for whoever takes him.  Nice player but nothing special. I wouldn't touch the kid before Rd 3, I was surprised when I saw Kiper and McShay had him so high. He is a good player but never saw any greatness. Not even on the same level as his older brother Art. Not even close. Art was un-blockable in college. Chandler was easily blockable.

And I really don't get the Miami needs help on the D-line. They have Oddrick, Starks, Soliai, Wake, Merling, McDaniel...those are 6 legit NFL quality guys.I really think Oddrick will be fine playing opposite Wake for the most part in a 4-3. I feel the need is they know they can't keep Wake and what he will demand and its a preemptive pick on "next year." Have someone waiting in the wings.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 08:42:06 am »

How many more early picks can we tie up in o-linmen? Long, Pouncey, now another one? Not to mention Jerry in Rd 3. I mean for the love of christ all of these picks and the o-line still sucks! What Matt Millen was to WR's the Miami Dolphins are to o-linemen! PICK ANOTHER POSITION!

They cannot take a guard or a right tackle (which are the lesser of the 5 positions on the o-line) in the Top 10. It is beyond stupid on all levels. When they have no quarterback or WR's to speak of it would be dumb beyond belief to go right tackle or guard at #8. I'm against taking defense at #8, but if they got Ingram or Coples I could at least see some logic behind it. Because it means they will let Wake walk next year when he is a FA and wants Mario Williams money. I could live with it even though I wouldn't agree with it. But a G or RT would be so friggin stupid there would be no defense for that pick.

Miami had a Pro Bowl receiver and you weren't happy then either. Doesn't matter what this team does, you're always pissed. -EK
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 05:25:30 pm by MaineDolFan » Logged
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2012, 01:02:43 pm »

How many more early picks can we tie up in o-linmen? Long, Pouncey, now another one? Not to mention Jerry in Rd 3. I mean for the love of christ all of these picks and the o-line still sucks! What Matt Millen was to WR's the Miami Dolphins are to o-linemen! PICK ANOTHER POSITION!

mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2012, 01:09:40 pm »

Is it an option to trade down, get more picks and draft the Stanford TE Coby Fleener?  He would definitely fill a great need on this team.
suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2012, 01:15:25 pm »

Play like a tweener for Fleener!

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2012, 05:51:03 am »

BACK TO THE DRAFT.....

Fleener is a great tight end and will go late Rd 1. I also like Dwayne Allen the TE from Clemson a lot. I am higher on Allen than most and would not be upset if the Fins grabbed him in Rd 2,  but I don't think Miami will look at tight ends. With Clay as an H-Back and Fassano on the roster they may be set there for this year. The fact they haven't even "visited" with one free agent tight end this offseason also tells me they might feel they are set at tight end. They might be able to hold off on TE till next offseason.

And unless Miami targets Tannehill and he isn't there at 8, I wouldn't trade down much. Maybe a couple spots. The Fins need an IMPACT player and I wouldn't want to get out of the Top 15 range. If at 8 Coples, Ingram, and Floyd are still there and Miami can trade down 2 or 3 spots and still get one of those, fine. And I am usually a "trade down" guy to get more picks, but not this year.  Irealand has done a good job building up a base on this team to build around. The Fins now need QUALITY over QUANTITY! They need to add some sizzle to the steak. 
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 05:26:14 pm by MaineDolFan » Logged
Fins4ever
Uber Member

Dan the Dolphin

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2012, 11:57:20 am »

-------------------

The pic of the guy clapping is familiar but I can't place it. Which movie is it from and what is he clapping about?

To lack vision is worse than being blind - Helen Keller
suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 10:20:59 am »

Edit to add: I'm pretty sure that's Citzen Kane, Orson Welles?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 05:27:43 pm by MaineDolFan » Logged

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2012, 05:20:17 pm »

Yes that is Orson Wells from Citizen Kane! Thanks for getting that answer. That pic was driving me nuts not being able to remember where that was from!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 05:27:55 pm by MaineDolFan » Logged
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2012, 05:29:01 pm »

Guys - one more personal crack and this one gets sent to the trash can.

Stop.  Now.  I don't care who started it, I'll end it.  Cool? 

Let's talk some football.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2012, 11:42:17 pm »

Maine bringing the hammer, I love it!

I will tell you who I don't want, and that's Coples...he reminds me of Gaines Adams.  Blackmon or Floyd
Fins4ever
Uber Member

Dan the Dolphin

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2012, 12:14:44 pm »

Yes that is Orson Wells from Citizen Kane! Thanks for getting that answer. That pic was driving me nuts not being able to remember where that was from!

Thank you. It has been years since I saw that movie.

To lack vision is worse than being blind - Helen Keller
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2012, 01:41:23 pm »

Someone please sell me on Blackmon? 

Is he available at 8?  Does he make an immediate impact?

Give me a hard sell.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2012, 02:35:21 pm »

Someone please sell me on Blackmon? 

Is he available at 8?  Does he make an immediate impact?

Give me a hard sell.

Is he available? Depends on who you ask. The guys at CBSSportline have him going 4,6,8 (to Miami), or 13, depending on which mock you read. 6'1" and 205-210, means he has enough size to play big. 38 TD's in his last 25 games says he has a nose for the end zone. Compared to Dez Bryant. Pro day numbers: 4.46 40 and 35" vertical. He's an immediate upgrade over anyone on Miami's roster, and would make up for passing on Dez, while giving whoever is under center a legit downfield threat. -EK
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2012, 02:42:51 pm »

I will also add that the GameDay profile I saw on the guy and his relationship with a young cancer patient made me think he is a high character person.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray