Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:17:35 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  So you say you don't want Tannehill at #8. Who DO you want?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: So you say you don't want Tannehill at #8. Who DO you want?  (Read 8536 times)
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2012, 08:25:39 pm »

Absolutely. He's not anywhere near top ten talent. The only reason he's even being discussed is because of the sheer number of teams in the top 10 that need QB's. There's what- 3 teams that don't need an upgrade? Well, duh, of course Tannehill's stock rises then. -EK
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2012, 08:30:54 pm »

RG3 played himself into the top of the first. 

The question he raised was who has gone from a non-existent QB from BEFORE the start of the college season to a top pick. I gave an answer.

And MANY players have gone from 2nd round grades to 1st round picks from the end of the college season to the draft by having good pro-days, combines, interviews, workouts with teams...etc. Tannehill isn't the 1st player to ever have this happen to. This happens many times a year every year!
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2012, 09:38:40 pm »

Absolutely. He's not anywhere near top ten talent. The only reason he's even being discussed is because of the sheer number of teams in the top 10 that need QB's. There's what- 3 teams that don't need an upgrade? Well, duh, of course Tannehill's stock rises then. -EK

You get it!  There is NO DOUBT that the lack of top QBs (top talent, mind you) and the number of NFL teams looking for starting QBs has made his stock rise.  You can't argue that.  I watched Tannehill play 4-5 times this year, why?  Because I was betting on the games! so, I know what the guy has, which is nice size, decent mobility and above avg arm.  His decision making is not up to par and he lacks a BIG arm.  He has started a total of 19 games, throws a low 7.0 yds/attempt, and has alot of picks.

Kirk Cousins, on the other hand is a 3-yr starter, much better decision making, a full 1yd better in yds/attempt.  He was even elected team captain even he wasn't a starter  as a sophomore.  That says leadership quality.

Now, I think the difference between these 2 QBs is small, not a wide gap, but the leadership quality and playing in the offense he did at MSU (under center, shotgun, 2-backs) makes him the better choice and something you can get in the 2nd round or early 3rd.  BETTER VALUE

You take the Tannehill pick at #8, you're forced to start him cause you selected him no. 1 and you're gonna get burned in the long run.  Let Matt Moore run the offense, bring in Cousins slowly.  The only 2 guys in the draft who have immediate starting ability is Luck and RGIII and even RGIII's is slight at that.

Do not let the talking heads force into a pick that is not there.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2012, 09:49:36 pm »

You get it!  There is NO DOUBT that the lack of top QBs (top talent, mind you) and the number of NFL teams looking for starting QBs has made his stock rise.  You can't argue that.  I watched Tannehill play 4-5 times this year, why?  Because I was betting on the games! so, I know what the guy has, which is nice size, decent mobility and above avg arm.  His decision making is not up to par and he lacks a BIG arm.  He has started a total of 19 games, throws a low 7.0 yds/attempt, and has alot of picks.

Kirk Cousins, on the other hand is a 3-yr starter, much better decision making, a full 1yd better in yds/attempt.  He was even elected team captain even he wasn't a starter  as a sophomore.  That says leadership quality.

Now, I think the difference between these 2 QBs is small, not a wide gap, but the leadership quality and playing in the offense he did at MSU (under center, shotgun, 2-backs) makes him the better choice and something you can get in the 2nd round or early 3rd.  BETTER VALUE

You take the Tannehill pick at #8, you're forced to start him cause you selected him no. 1 and you're gonna get burned in the long run.  Let Matt Moore run the offense, bring in Cousins slowly.  The only 2 guys in the draft who have immediate starting ability is Luck and RGIII and even RGIII's is slight at that.

Do not let the talking heads force into a pick that is not there.

1) IF Miami takes Tannehill they are going to sit him. Like GB sat Rodgers and like Tenn sat Locker last year and even Minny sat Ponder till they were forced into action because of injury. Tannehill isn't starting next year unless a rash of injuries take place to Moore and Garrard or Moore starts off god awful (which is very possible because Matt Moore sucks)

2) The difference between Tannehill and Cousins isn't close at all.  Cousins has no arm and is a terrible passer. Which is why he is a 4th or a 5th round draft pick. Tannehill has an elite NFL arm (you saying he doesn't have a big arm is just incorrect, it just is)

3) Tannehill CAME from the offense Miami is running now. Where Cousins took the ball under center, shotgun,...etc means nothing. Tannehill did too and actually knows the verbiage of the offense we will run and actually will have the same guy calling plays in his ear as he did in college.

4) You can love Tannehill or hate him, I have a growing man-crush on Weeden I will admit so I am not all gung-ho on drafting Tannehill. if it happens great, if not, no biggie!  But to say Tannehill isn't a top prospect and is on par with Cousins is just flat out incorrect on so many levels. Kirk Cousins is not a good NFL prospect in any way shape or form! Tannehill is.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2012, 11:24:19 pm »

And MANY players have gone from 2nd round grades to 1st round picks from the end of the college season to the draft by having good pro-days, combines, interviews, workouts with teams...etc. Tannehill isn't the 1st player to ever have this happen to. This happens many times a year every year!
When was the last time a player went from second-round-prospect to top-4-prospect during one offseason?

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2012, 06:17:02 am »

When was the last time a player went from second-round-prospect to top-4-prospect during one offseason?

Well Tannehill isn't a Top 4 prospect. But to your larger point this stuff happens all the time. Just this the DT out of Memphis Dontari Poe. Guy was not a 1st round grade or prospect after the season, goes to the combine and runs a good 40 time now he will go Top 15 and possibly Top 10.

This stuff happens all the time and every year.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2012, 11:11:06 am »

Well Tannehill isn't a Top 4 prospect.
There are multiple sources saying that the Browns will take him at #4, and even a few saying that Miami will trade up to #3 to get him.

This is my point.  He has jumped from a second-rounder to potentially a top 4 pick (by two different teams), based not at all on his actual play in game.

bsfins
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2012, 11:38:04 am »

I don't watch College ball,so I don't know all the players,but really try to get info from the people that do.Lately All I've heard about how horrible Tannehill is.....I'm not sold On Tannehill,I'm trying to convince myself it's ok if we take him.I'm looking for more info about Tannehill..Ben Volin of the Palm beach post was tweeting about Texas A&M's lack of scoring in the second half of games which they had big first half leads....It made think (I'm not sure if it has been mentioned,I didn't feel like going throughes of arguments about Tannehill)

I tweeted Ben this...Other than Tannehill,Who else from Texas A&M is going to get drafted?

I just keep thinking Who helped Tannehill during his college career as a player to get drafted...(other than his Coach is Mike Sherman)

Luck 1st over all pick - Had Decastro 1st round Ol- Johathon Martin OL-Fleener 1st or second round
RG3 - 2nd overall pick - Kendall Wright 1st or second round pick....
Weeden-2nd round guy? - Had Justin Blackmon top 10 pick

I don't watch college,I'm not trying to defend Tannehill,I'm curious who has he played with that is of NFL quality.Is there a really good freshman,sophmore guy that is going to get drafted in the next couple of years that helped him?
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2012, 06:33:04 pm »

I don't watch college,I'm not trying to defend Tannehill,I'm curious who has he played with that is of NFL quality.Is there a really good freshman,sophmore guy that is going to get drafted in the next couple of years that helped him?
Not that I'm aware of.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2012, 08:59:33 pm »

Interesting stat I came across today and why one guy is a 1st round talent and the other is a mid-round talent. This is of the QB's in this years draft.

Worst Goal Line QB in 2010 and 2011... Kirk Cousins. A mediocre 31% (16 of 51), had 4 INTs, by far the most in class

Tannehill the most efficient near goal line 2010-11, scoring 23 TDs on 41 plays w/ 1 INT. He's his own wildcat.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2012, 02:37:27 pm »

Vegas will take bets on anything, apparently, so here's the current odds on Tannehill going to Miami, as well as two more interesting odds on players people have mentioned:

Will the Miami Dolphins select Ryan Tannehill?
Yes (-120)
No (-120)

Michael Floyd Draft Position
Over 12.5 (-120)
Under 12.5 (-120)

Brandon Weeden Draft Position
Over 36.5 (-120)
Under 36.5 (-120)

-EK
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2012, 01:09:16 pm »

Armando Salguero is saying he believes Miami will go for Fletcher Cox or Ryan Tannehill at 8

Armando says whispers around the league are the Fins view Coples as their 3rd choice/fall back option if both are gone (which they might be). Some think Coples is a bad fit for a 4-3 team as he lacks explosion to play the position at a high level
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2012, 11:30:58 pm »

Another interesting stat this one made by Gil Brandt..

Brandt also said Ryan Tannehill's receivers had 64 drops last season which impacted his stats. In comparing RG3 and Tannehill Brandt said RG3 was blitzed 70 times on third down and was sacked 6 times. Tannehill was blitzed 140 times on third down and was only sacked 2 times.

Not sure what that stat means at the end of the day but it is interesting. I have always said and still believe that RG3 is closer to Tannehill than he is Luck talent wise. That isn't a knock on RG3 but he isn't the "sure thing" everyone has pegged him to be.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2012, 08:08:06 am »

Armando Salguero is saying he believes Miami will go for Fletcher Cox or Ryan Tannehill at 8

Armando says whispers around the league are the Fins view Coples as their 3rd choice/fall back option if both are gone (which they might be). Some think Coples is a bad fit for a 4-3 team as he lacks explosion to play the position at a high level
Did any of these whisperers predict Ted Ginn?
While I know people talk I think these days you mostly only hear what people want you to hear. If it's extreme news someone will leak it because they always tell one person just to show they are in the know. More times than not things like the draft it is either strategic leaks or they keep it to themselves. Just like the info we got in regards to who our coach would be, where Manning and Flynn would go or even where Tebow was going ... it was all made up assumtions. 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 08:10:20 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2012, 07:38:23 pm »

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/2157200927/image.jpg

Ryan Tannehill's wife. This guy has already hit the lottery!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray