Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:51:07 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  "Kill the head...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: "Kill the head...  (Read 7310 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2012, 05:40:00 pm »

I don't see how he ever returns to coaching.

Williams can't return. Jeff Fisher can try and add him as a linebackers coach or something down the road but even that will be a tough sell. What owner will put up with him.

Bill Polian on SIRIUS NFL RADIO this afternoon went on a 20 min rant that is must-listen. I wish they archived their stuff so I could link it for ya. Going on about saying this stuff cant be tolerated. That when he was in Buffalo if a guy had a "huge play" or made a "impact play" (ie return a punt or kickoff for a TD, sack on 4th down to ice the game...etc) that they would buy the guy theater tickets or gift certificate to a fancy restaurant something like that. It was called a "reward program" and most teams have it. It's "positive" in nature and such. And he went on with saying in 35 years of being in the NFL a "bounty" has only happened twice. Philly with Buddy and now this. That painting every team in the NFL with a broad brush that well they all do it only the Saints got caught isn't true. That every coach, GM, and owner is forced to sign a form at the end of every season saying their team followed the rules to the best of their knowledge and if they get caught lying the punishment is severe. Not a lot of people know about this. He went on and on about how the Saints have tarnished the NFL  and the punishment is just. It was a great passionate rant. Not to mention it was dead on the point!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012, 05:42:34 pm »

But he got caught.
On top of that he got caught after he was specifically told to stop. That can't be underestimated as to why he was come down on so hard.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2012, 05:55:50 pm »

On top of that he got caught after he was specifically told to stop. That can't be underestimated as to why he was come down on so hard.

He got caught after telling Goodell and the NFL multiple times they didn't have a bounty system. They lied to the leagues face more than once
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2012, 08:58:31 pm »

MikeO - the more I hear Polian, the more I really like him.  Selfishly I hope he doesn't get another gig soon because he will be very good on TV / radio.  I heard the same interview.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2012, 12:43:38 am »

MikeO - the more I hear Polian, the more I really like him.  Selfishly I hope he doesn't get another gig soon because he will be very good on TV / radio.  I heard the same interview.

Oh I couldn't agree more. Polian is absolutely outstanding on SIRIUS NFL Radio. You learn so much about how teams operate and what really goes on behind the scenes with him.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012, 01:18:15 am »

Meh, I don't think I buy Polian's excuse.  If this was such a radical, outrageous, one-off program, how Williams have a bounty system on three different teams (Bills, Redskins, Saints)?

I don't think everyone was doing it, but I also don't think no one else was doing it.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray