Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:24:32 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tailgating
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: How integral is tailgating to your live NFL experiene?
I go often and tailgate every time.   -1 (6.7%)
I don't go much, so I have to tailgate when I do.   -9 (60%)
I only tailgate on special occasions.   -1 (6.7%)
I rarely, if ever, tailgate.   -4 (26.7%)
Total Voters: 13

Author Topic: Tailgating  (Read 2788 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 01:46:57 pm »

^^^ I can think of a couple reasons why it makes sense. The longer people hang around, the longer they have to keep security and police paid because they will need to keep patrolling. Also, the longer a group of drunks are allowed to congregate after a game, the more potential there is for problems to arise.

They aren't focused on running out people minding their own business. They are trying to set employees free and are also trying to limit problems from the troublemakers. In order to do this effectively, everyone needs to clear out.
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 02:01:58 pm »

That makes no sense. Why would they care if you are waiting for the traffic to clear? What is the reasoning on hiring parking lot nazis?
I honestly don't know. The only thing I can think of was they were having some problems with certain groups of assholes wanting to continue to drink and cause problems long after the game had ended and it was probably costing them to keep security around and the city to have the police presence. I never really got an explanation from  anyone.

****modified to add****

Pretty much exactly what Phish said......I read that after I posted lol.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 02:04:08 pm by AZ Fins Fan 55 » Logged

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2012, 10:34:40 am »

^^ I can think of a couple more. They probably have someone come in and clean up the parking lot and they want you out of there before they start. They also probably need to lock the gates and stuff. There's probably lots of reasons they don't want people tailgaiting till midnight. Now 1 hour after the game is over seems a bit harsh, but I can definately see them putting a certain time on it.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray