Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:52:26 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Ryan Tannehill was on Colin Cowheard's show today.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ryan Tannehill was on Colin Cowheard's show today.  (Read 1569 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: April 19, 2012, 02:03:08 pm »

Listened to a few minutes of it, Tannehill came off well. The more I listen to this kid talk, the more I like him.

I also caught the video of Tannehill with Gruden. He's got a good head on his shoulders. Was doing a chalk talk with Gruden and Gruden pointed out how much NFL type terminology Tannehill already knows and said that he would be ready to go come training camp. Tannehill said something like "If he's looking, he's booking" referring to the WR that Gruden liked, basically talking about how a WR and QB have to see the same things to know how to adjust a route based on reading the defensive player. Gruden also mentioned he's never seen a QB who could walk over to the WR and demonstrate how to run a route to the WR. Tannehill did that on Gruden's show. This is the type of intangible stuff that I don't think you should underestimate. Tannehill doesn't just understand the QB position, he also understands the WR position which gives him an advantage that few QB's have.

I don't want anyone to think I'm saying that Tannehill is going to come in and be able to start this year, I'm not saying that, I'm just saying that I don't think the NFL is going to be too big for him. He's had great coaching. I see no reason to believe that he won't adjust to the NFL well. I have no idea how long it will take for him to be ready, but I do believe that at some point he's going to make a fine QB.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 02:06:38 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 03:48:04 pm »

Just watched Skip Bayless say, "I would take Weeden before Tannehill. Tannehill has bust written all over him." Take that for what it's worth. -EK
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 04:55:16 pm »

I just can't take Skip Bayless seriously.  He seems to take outrageous positions for no reason.

I drink your milkshake!
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 05:42:09 pm »

I usually think the same thing...until Stephen A. Smith comes out to debate him, which makes Skip seem oddly sane again. -EK
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 06:47:09 pm »

I just can't take Skip Bayless seriously.  He seems to take outrageous positions for no reason.

On those shows they make up controversy because they have time to kill. If 2 people sit across from each other and say...."yep, good point I agree with your opinion".....they don't kill time and its boring TV. Someone HAS to take the opposite stance or else the show doesn't work.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 01:44:17 am »

Skip Bayless' entire function is to provide a contrarian position, and to provide it loudly.

He is a professional troll.  It is not even subtle anymore.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 01:56:12 pm »

He is a professional troll. 
I actually laughed out loud at this as you are right. I realized his purpose but never thought of it like that.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fins4ever
Uber Member

Dan the Dolphin

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 02:11:21 pm »

I actually laughed out loud at this as you are right. I realized his purpose but never thought of it like that.

----------------------------

Exactly. It is made to make you appreciate the others more. Kind of like watching Michael Irving and then switching the channel for relief. lol

To lack vision is worse than being blind - Helen Keller
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 03:40:03 pm »

As a side note, if you want to see Skip Bayless get called out for his completely truth-free rambling:

http://deadspin.com/5900701/jalen-rose-called-out-skip-baylesss-high-school-hoops-fantasy-and-bayless-confessed

Bayless had claimed that he was a starter for a team that was a runner-up for the OK state championship, and made comparisons of himself to Pistol Pete Maravich.  Intrepid internet detectives found that he averaged a cool 1.4 ppg as a senior, and that he was on the JV team as a junior.  Jalen Rose called him out on it, and hilarity ensues.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 07:23:27 pm »

I usually think the same thing...until Stephen A. Smith comes out to debate him, which makes Skip seem oddly sane again. -EK

Gotta agree with you there!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray