Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:37:01 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  So what happened to the rookie camp news?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: So what happened to the rookie camp news?  (Read 1224 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: May 07, 2012, 12:07:34 pm »

Am I the only one mystified about their being no information on the last 2 days of rookie camp? I saw some articles on the first day and was looking for stuff on the last 2 days, but have not seen a word. Was this closed to the public? Even if it was you would think there would be something. An interview with Philbin as to how it went? Something?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 12:25:10 pm »

All you probably would have gotten was some fluff stuff saying how good every single rookie looked.

While a Dolphins' offseason press reports usually start with doom and gloom they usually end with over hyped enthusiasm.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 12:39:00 pm »

^^True, but I don't really give a shit about the details of Cam Wake's contract either. Throw up some pictures, tell me what the big plays were, tell me what Philbin thought of the 3 sessions, who surprised him etc. That's far more interesting then Cam Wake's contract details. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that Cam got paid, but beyond that, I couldn't care less.

EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 01:38:01 pm »

Everything I read said the same thing- Tannehill's first pass was an INT (not his fault); he threw some very nice deep balls to several different receivers; Cunningham dropped some balls; Jacory Harris looked bad. The best thing I heard coming out of the entire thing was that Tannehill feels comfortable with about 85% of the playbook because something like 70% of it is the exact same as at A&M, and the other 15% was so close it was only a matter of new lingo. I was not thrilled with taking him at #8, but the reports are that he's heads and shoulders above the rest of the rookies out there. In fairness, they are rookies, so take that with a grain of salt. -EK
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 02:14:48 pm »

Everything I read said the same thing- Tannehill's first pass was an INT (not his fault); he threw some very nice deep balls to several different receivers; Cunningham dropped some balls; Jacory Harris looked bad. The best thing I heard coming out of the entire thing was that Tannehill feels comfortable with about 85% of the playbook because something like 70% of it is the exact same as at A&M, and the other 15% was so close it was only a matter of new lingo. I was not thrilled with taking him at #8, but the reports are that he's heads and shoulders above the rest of the rookies out there. In fairness, they are rookies, so take that with a grain of salt. -EK
I read all of that too, but that was day 1. What happened on day 2 and 3? Look I'm not really saying I need to know, it's more just a question. Why did we get all that for day 1 and not a peep for day 2 and 3? Thats all that I'm wondering.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 02:17:44 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 04:02:30 pm »

only the 1st day of rookie camp was open to the media.

Days 2 and 3 were closed sessions. No media allowed
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 04:34:30 pm »

^^Well that explains it, only now I want to know why was it closed to the media? Don't want the media stealing our play book? Aren't some of the rookies going to go practice for some other teams next weekend? Wouldn't they be a lot more likely to "share" the Dolphins playbook than the media would be?

Those were all rhetorical questions by the way.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray