Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:27:24 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Your favorite Dolphins game that you saw?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Your favorite Dolphins game that you saw?  (Read 12216 times)
bsfins
« on: May 16, 2012, 10:41:24 am »

Another May Fluff piece....

What is your favorite Dolphins game that you've seen? Maybe a game you attended or watched on T.V....

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 10:47:45 am »

I will always remember the Monday night orange jersey game against the Patriots when the Dolphins' Derrius Thompson caught the go-ahead TD inside 2 minutes over Troy Brown (playing defense) and gave Brady back the ball with a 1-point lead.  Brady then got trounced by JT and threw a pick to Brendan Ayanbadejo to close the game.  That was one of the best games I've ever been to.

Edit to add -
Wow, I can't believe it was in 2004...  That game was 8 years ago?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200412200mia.htm
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:50:26 am by Brian Fein » Logged
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 10:50:57 am »

My favorite game was the Thanksgiving snow game against the Cowboys with the second chance field goal on the botched play.

I don't think it had so much to do with the game itself but more to do with my state of mind at the time.

A couple other favorites for me...

Unleashing the Wildcat on the Pats.
Beating the Jets with Pennington to get into the playoffs.
Marino/Sula vs Bledsoe/Parcels season starter shoot out.
Playoff win with Fiedler and Lamar in OT.
There was also a game I really liked with AJ Feely against the Pats that was a shocking enough to be pretty entertaining.

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 10:54:25 am »

^^ a lot of good choices there...
Fins4ever
Uber Member

Dan the Dolphin

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 11:17:38 am »

The fake spike to beat the Jets!

Longest game ever played to beat KC.

SB win over Wash. 14-7 where Yepremiam throws the ball after a bumbled snap. 

To lack vision is worse than being blind - Helen Keller
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 12:00:04 pm »

Hmmm.  In approximate order:

- 2009 orange jersey game against NYJ
- 2004 orange jersey game against NE
- 2008 Wildcat game at NE

Additionally, Super Bowl XLII isn't technically a Dolphins' game, but (based purely on my interest as a Dolphin fan, mind you) I would probably rate it second. 

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 01:03:33 pm »

Favorite game I attended: Don Shula's record wins breaking game against Philly @ the Vet.

Most memorable TV game: The Monday night game against the Chargers.

Thanksgiving game against Cowboys.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 02:58:43 pm »

1985 Conference Championship Game.  I was shocked and overjoyed with the outcome.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 04:17:17 pm »

1985 Conference Championship Game.  I was shocked and overjoyed with the outcome.
The one where your uncle drove that snow plow on the field right before the kick?
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Excuse me while I kiss the sky

Email
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 05:06:32 pm »

The one where your uncle drove that snow plow on the field right before the kick?

HAHA!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dRz9WCgXRU

^^ my favorite play, from my favorite game of recent memory.  Back and forth insane game.   :: sigh :: watching that highlight brings back bittersweet memories.  We all thought Henne to Ginn was going to be a savage combination for years to come.  :-(

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” -- John Lennon
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 05:11:41 pm »

No, that was the game that the Dolphins must have eaten several dozen buckets of chicken prior to the game and went out and fumbled like 6 times. Dolphins lose to Patriots to squash the rematch of the Bears/Dolphins in the SB in '85 that would have been a game for the ages. Instead the Patsies get mauled because they never should have been there in the first place. No offense Hoodie. Smiley

This is my all time worst Dolphins game to see. I was pretty much in the fetal position on the floor about 3/4's of the way through the game knowing they had already pissed the game away.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 05:13:58 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 06:00:02 pm »

The fake spike to beat the Jets!
Agreed this is still my favorite as well.

My favorite game that I attended was the game that got moved to Arizona from San Diego due to the fires and was played on Monday Night. I got in for free (canned food dontation really) had great seats up close and got to see a Dolphins game live that was unexpected and a win to boot.

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
el diablo
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 07:32:31 pm »

Like anyone else, can't narrow it to just one.

Game 1: week 10, 1985: Dolphins 21- Jets 17
2nd game I went to. Mark Duper returns from a broken leg. Only to catch the game winning 50 yd TD from Marino.

Game 2: week 13, 1985:  Dolphins 38- Bears 24
had to go to bed at halftime. It was a school night. But I was awake for most of the magic.

Game 3: week 3, 1986: Dolphins 45- Jets 51.
Can't win them all, but check out these stats: Marino 30/50, 448 yds, 6 TD, 2 INT. I would almost kill to see a day like that again. Great rivalry, great game.
Landshark
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 08:10:30 pm »

1972 AFC Championship game.  Dolphins are on the way to a perfect season but they are down 7-0 against Pittsburgh and are being totally outplayed.  Then Seiple takes off on a fake punt, leading to a Csonka touchdown to tie the score going into the locker room.  Then Shula plays his trump card and brings in Bob Griese in the second half.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 08:29:31 pm »

Instead the Patsies get mauled because they never should have been there in the first place. No offense Hoodie. Smiley

No offense taken, I completely agree.  Miami was a much better team.  Pats got lucky.  NFL history has plenty of games like that the '72 superbowl, Superbowl II, SB in 2001, SB in 2007. 

BTW my favorite Dolphins game that the Dolphins won was the fake spike game.  I hate the Jets. 
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:38:08 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray