Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:42:34 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Early signs are that Garrard is the leading QB candidate.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Early signs are that Garrard is the leading QB candidate.  (Read 15764 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: June 11, 2012, 01:16:52 pm »

Not sure if I should be happy or disappointed that Garrard seems to be better than Moore. Maybe Garrard was a better pickup than people gave Miami credit for or perhaps Moore isn't as good as people thought. I'm leaning more toward the latter.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 01:35:42 pm »

I was a fan of his in Jax. I thought he had already played his football but could be wrong. Either way, I personally felt Moore benifitted from circumstances more than he was a surprise talent. It doesn't surprise me to see him get beat out although I really hope Garrard is showing well.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Landshark
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 01:46:45 pm »

The old codger still has some juice left in him.  Who would've thunk it?
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 02:21:24 pm »

By next week someone will report that Tannehill is the leading QB candidate to start.  Much ado about nothing, opening day is still a long way off.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 02:30:18 pm »

By next week someone will report that Tannehill is the leading QB candidate to start.
Doubt it.

Much ado about nothing, opening day is still a long way off.
Opening day is a ways off, but training camp is not that far off as I think this is the last OTA and there's only 1 week of minicamp left before they break before training camp starts. The guy leading going into training camp is gonna get more chances with the first team offense. There will be fewer and fewer opportunities for Moore to shine. It's certainly not set in stone at this point, but Moore has got to feel that the wet cement is being poured on his feet. He better make his move in the next week or 2 to give himself more opportunities in training camp or he may have to settle for the backup.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 02:41:10 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 02:40:32 pm »

I pointed this out weeks ago. -EK
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 02:42:22 pm »

I pointed this out weeks ago. -EK
But OTA's hadn't even started then so it was only conjecture. Now that we are on our 3rd set of OTA's, it's becoming a reality.

EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 02:50:13 pm »

Not conjecture- it was how he performed and the shape he was in during mini-camp. How much different is it now? -EK
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 02:55:12 pm »

Not conjecture- it was how he performed and the shape he was in during mini-camp. How much different is it now? -EK
Ok, well I didn't know when you said it. Couldn't have been that long ago if it was based on OTA's. If it was based on rookie mini-camp then what's different is that they are working on their 3rd round of OTA's since then and he's still the front runner, like I said. I'd say that's important.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 03:11:20 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 04:05:01 pm »

They're OTA's.  Training camp is months away.  Calm down.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 04:54:13 pm »

They're OTA's.  Training camp is months away.  Calm down.
I'm calm.

On the other hand Matt Moore should absolutely NOT be calm. It is in fact the last OTA session. There is a minicamp next week and then the players break for a couple weeks before they come back for training camp. Once training camp starts, they have about 2 weeks before the preseason games start. Whomever has shown the most after next weeks minicamp will go into training camp as the leader and will get the majority of first team reps in training camp.

Yes Matt Moore could outplay Garrard in training camp and that could change everything, but typically that doesn't happen. Once training camp starts, the backups are given their chances, but basically training camp is to get your starters ready to play and determine your 53 man roster. Giving backups a chance to prove they are better than the starters is no longer the priority. That's what OTA's and mini-camps are for.

This is just my opinion, I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 04:58:40 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 05:21:39 pm »

You could enter the 3rd preseason game and not know who your starter is going to be.  Preseason is practice.  They're not games.  You don't have to name a starter for game 1 until September 9th. 

Months away.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 05:40:34 pm »

If Moore is the best QB on our roster and proves it in camp come August,  start him Week 1. But I pray every night that Garrard or Tannehill beat him out and make him expendable. If I have to watch another season of Matt Moore beating up on bad teams, losing to good teams, and choking late in games vs Good teams it will be very painful.

I saw a Moore interview recently where he wants "Matt Flynn money" in free agency next year. Yeah, good luck with that.  lol  Matt Flynn couldn't even get Matt Flynn money and only had 1 team that really wanted him.

The old codger still has some juice left in him.  Who would've thunk it?

It isn't like the competition is stiff. He has a rookie who will probably need time. And the other guy is Matt friggin Moore! lol The funny part is Garrard MISSED the 2nd OTA's because of damage to his house in Jacksonville. He wasn't even there. And he is still "performing" better than Moore currently. Like I said, the competition isn't stiff! lol
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 05:43:47 pm by MikeO » Logged
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 05:41:02 pm »

You could enter the 3rd preseason game and not know who your starter is going to be.  Preseason is practice.  They're not games.  You don't have to name a starter for game 1 until September 9th. 

Months away.

Philbin is on record a few weeks ago saying he has a drop dead date of the 3rd preseason game where he will announce who the starting QB is. That is his goal.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 05:42:56 pm »

You could enter the 3rd preseason game and not know who your starter is going to be.
Yeah, you could, but it's certainly not ideal. 9 out of 10 times, the QB who starts the first preseason game is also the starter on opening day unless there's an injury.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray