Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:24:55 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Planning a trip to Miami in November...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Planning a trip to Miami in November...  (Read 6879 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: July 02, 2012, 12:50:32 pm »

Ok, my wife and I have decided to take a trip to Miami to see a Dolphins game, so I'm looking for some helpful information from ya'll that live in/around Miami.

- Where to stay.
- Where to eat.
- Where/how to get tickets.
- Things to see while in Miami
- Things to avoid while in Miami
- ETC.

Go!

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 02:06:19 pm »

I'd reccomend  staying at the team hotel if you can. It's not really any more expensive than other decent hotels and you can't beat running into the players and coaches away from the game. It's also a good area. Unless you are looking to stay at the beach I think you would really enjoy it. The training facility isn't far away and  makes for some place cool to visit.

The best place for tickets is eBay in my opinion. You can see what you are getting and know if you ate willing to pay the price.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 02:56:56 pm »

Need more info:
- how long you plan on staying?
- what do you want to see/do while you're here?
- who are you bringing with you, if anyone?
- what kind of accommodations do you like?
- what kind of transportation will you have?
- what kind of budget are you working with?

I can work with you to help you set up your trip.  If you're coming JUST for the game, it all gets very easy.  However, if it is a longer vacation, some of my answers will change?
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 06:10:34 pm »

Need more info:
- how long you plan on staying?
- what do you want to see/do while you're here?
- who are you bringing with you, if anyone?
- what kind of accommodations do you like?
- what kind of transportation will you have?
- what kind of budget are you working with?
We will probably only be in Miami for the weekend, like maybe Saturday, Sunday and Monday or something like that. We don't have any specific plans at this point, I'm just trying to gather ideas. It will only be my wife and I. We don't want to spend a lot on accomodations as we don't plan on being in the room all that much. As long as there's a nice clean bed and bathroom with good A/C and a TV, we are pretty much good to go. We plan on staying close to the field and using public transportation if possible. We don't plan on having a vehicle unless we are forced to do that. The budget will depend a lot upon all this other stuff. We have a few months to prepare so depending on the answers I get to the questions will give us a good idea of how much we'll need for the trip. Cost will factor into it, so we won't be going and eating at the nicest restaraunts for example, but if we need to spend a little to see something you can only see in Miami then perhaps we will. I've never been to Miami and neither has my wife, but we don't have a lot of time so if it's something that will take all day, that's probably out.

I can work with you to help you set up your trip.  If you're coming JUST for the game, it all gets very easy.  However, if it is a longer vacation, some of my answers will change?
Mainly we are coming for the game, but we will have a little bit of time to do a little sight seeing as well. Perhaps my wife should contact you to make it easier as she is doing the one setting everything up. If you have an e-mail address or something, shoot me an IM and I'll have her send you an e-mail.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
tits muldoon

Email
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 07:54:36 pm »

Went to miami a couple years ago. Titans game what a choice (only home win that year) From WI so quite a ways. stayed at a best western out of town. 15 min. away from stadium or so was on bay nice view reasonable prices.  found tickets on some cheap rogue site but used ticket exchange to view tickets (nice set up) I would recommend priceline or something like that get car included pretty cheap & go to keys it's beautiful & it's free. Stock up on Dolphin gear at wally-world right across from stadium.
Landshark
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 10:12:29 pm »

The couple of times I've been to Miami for a game, I always eaten at a place called Flannigans.  They have Landshark on tap, and their seafood is freshly caught locally.  Their ribs and burgers are excellent as well. 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 11:42:36 pm »

Ok, my wife and I have decided to take a trip to Miami to see a Dolphins game

Hopefully that will be a game I get to go to...I dig meeting non-local TDMMC members at Phins games.

They have Landshark on tap...

I know a place called TDMMC that has Shandlark on tap...

(edited to repost deleted comment in protest of heavy-handed censorship)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 01:04:28 pm by Sunstroke » Logged

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 09:10:45 am »

Pappy I can help you, although public transportation options are scarce, and the stadium is kinda in the hood.  I wouldn't recommend staying near there.  There are better places within 10-15 minutes driving and you can get a rental car for 20-30 a day from the airport. 

I can talk with your wife if you want.  I'll shoot you a PM with my email address to help you guys out.
Diehard_Dolfan

Dolphins,Canes,Heat

jmd161@hotmail.com jmd161
Email
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 11:57:09 am »

Pappy I can help you, although public transportation options are scarce, and the stadium is kinda in the hood.  I wouldn't recommend staying near there.  There are better places within 10-15 minutes driving and you can get a rental car for 20-30 a day from the airport. 

I can talk with your wife if you want.  I'll shoot you a PM with my email address to help you guys out.

Love the in the hood part... why not just sugar coat it more and say it's in an "urban" area? Roll Eyes

Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 01:07:06 pm »

^^^ It is in the hood, what's the problem?
Diehard_Dolfan

Dolphins,Canes,Heat

Email
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 01:16:52 pm »

^^^ It is in the hood, what's the problem?

what's the hood?

Define what hood means and what makes Miami Gardens "The Hood"?

What differentiates Miami Gardens from Coral Gables or Weston... are they considered hood also? 
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 01:19:36 pm »

Its in a dumpy low-income area.  Its not the best neighborhood to stay in if you're a tourist.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 01:31:43 pm »

what's the hood?

What differentiates Miami Gardens or Weston... ? 
Miami Gardens is where (Miami Superfan) Papa Pump lives.
Weston is where Dan Marino lives.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 01:41:53 pm »

There's really only 1 hotel anywhere near the stadium, and its falling apart.  The entire area is residential. 

Miami Gardens is in no way a "bad neighborhood" but its also in no way a tourist destination.
Diehard_Dolfan

Dolphins,Canes,Heat

Email
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2012, 02:31:14 pm »

Miami Gardens is where (Miami Superfan) Papa Pump lives.
Weston is where Dan Marino lives.

So because Papa Pump lives in Miami Gardens and Dan Marino doesn't that makes it hood?  Let me see here...  Papa Pump is black and Dan Marino is white... so white people don't live in a hood?

I guess that's what you're trying to say...  I get it now... you can't say it's the N-word part of town.. so call it "the hood"!

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray