Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 27, 2024, 02:23:58 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  2012 Fantasy Football
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: 2012 Fantasy Football  (Read 21888 times)
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Excuse me while I kiss the sky

Email
« on: July 18, 2012, 08:08:42 pm »

Are we doing it this year?  Too soon to ask?  I just signed up for another league, that's why I ask.  I have a title to defend ;-)

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” -- John Lennon
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 05:31:09 pm »

I'll commision it if we are doing it.

Hopefully we can get more people than last year.

Who else wants in?

Let's take a roll call.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 05:57:06 pm »

I'm in
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 08:57:21 pm »

I'm in, too!
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 09:12:53 pm »

4 people?   C'mon guys!!

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” -- John Lennon
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 12:24:31 am »

Absolutely.

Where is everybody hiding?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 10:21:10 am »

Here's the problem:

No one wants to play in a league where half the people stop paying attention after 3 weeks.  Look at our fantasy baseball league: there's 10 teams and probably only 5 that are actually playing.

It makes the league horribly un-fun to have 50-70% of the league on cruise control, with injured guys starting and no FA activity.
bsfins
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 12:58:47 pm »

^Bingo...Spotty owners,people that don't show up for half the season,or don't tend their team for 3-6 weeks.Then all of the sudden suck up every half way serviceable player off the FA list,and either ignore their team,or decide to start playing.
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 03:30:45 pm »

Here's the problem:

No one wants to play in a league where half the people stop paying attention after 3 weeks.  Look at our fantasy baseball league: there's 10 teams and probably only 5 that are actually playing.

It makes the league horribly un-fun to have 50-70% of the league on cruise control, with injured guys starting and no FA activity.

I'm paying attention!  My team just sucks lol. 

I see what you're saying though.  Season is still over a month away.  I think that's plenty of time to find some serious contenders. 

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 04:44:18 pm »

I have a good excuse for being a deadbeat owner last year.  I was dating so I kept forgetting to update my team.       

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 08:46:23 pm »

Depending on when the draft is, who is in the league, and the rules I would consider playing.
Pats2006
Uber Member

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 09:46:33 pm »

im in..

same here my baseball team sucks.. i have been updating my roster weekly.

tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 05:45:20 pm »

Myself
4Life
Tenshot
Zilla
Brian?
Lil B?
Mike-O?
Pats2006

5 -8 right there.  a 10 team league would be ideal.  As far as taking the league seriously, I'm assuming if everyone's still in this conversation they WILL take it seriously.  In this world of smartphones, football aps are available, and regardless of the server, the site will literally tell you the health status of your player.  It's really not hard to take less than 10 minutes out of your day on a Saturday to update your team.  Idk, maybe I'm obsessed with fantasy football, but I have fun doing it and would like to continue playing with you guys.  In conclusion, let's hammer out this CBA so we can draft soon.  #preventthelockout

Wink Wink

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 05:56:28 pm »

begin sending me your email addresses so I can begin inviting people and setting up the league   

tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2012, 06:19:32 pm »

begin sending me your email addresses so I can begin inviting people and setting up the league   

just sent you a PM

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray