Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2024, 07:52:53 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  2012 Fantasy Football
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print
Author Topic: 2012 Fantasy Football  (Read 21879 times)
SportsChick
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2012, 11:09:08 am »

That wasn't necessary

I'm the girl that makes men jealous of my husband

I hate Red Sox and Patriots bandwagon fans. They give the rest of us a bad name
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2012, 01:02:43 pm »

Might have been for state?
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2012, 01:23:05 pm »

No, because he was debating whether or not to have one of the winners fill something out and he said, "I could go to federal prison."

Granted, the United States Chess Federation is a federal institution.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2012, 01:26:44 pm »

Christmas presents don't have to be reported to the IRS.  What's the difference?

Gifts  are not considered income.  Gambling winnings are considered income.  Although this may be below a threshold. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2012, 01:35:52 pm »

I found this on the IRS web site:

Prizes and awards

Subject to certain exceptions, the cash value of prizes or awards won in a drawing, quiz show program, beauty contest, or other event, must be included on the tax return as taxable income.

Taxpayers must also report the fair market value of merchandise or products won as a prize or award, as taxable income.

For example, both a $500 cash prize and the fair market value of a new range won in a baking contest must be reported as other income on Form 1040, Line 21.

However, I still stand by the fact that they will never know about, nor come after you for, a fantasy football prize.  It would be the responsibility of the winner to report it on their tax return, and has nothing to do with the prize giver-outer.
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Excuse me while I kiss the sky

Email
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2012, 02:45:57 pm »

MURRICA!!!

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” -- John Lennon
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2012, 02:11:41 pm »

Anyone interested in a trade? I'm 0 - 3 and in panic mode

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” -- John Lennon
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2012, 09:38:54 am »

Yours truly King Nothing, after an amazing 2nd half turnaround is one win away from back to back titles

mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2012, 03:28:23 pm »

I'm still cheesed I missed the championship bracket with a 4 point loss.  Soooo many points on the bench!  That should have been me as the #4 seed. lol
Pats2006
Uber Member

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2012, 09:21:17 pm »

Yours truly King Nothing, after an amazing 2nd half turnaround is one win away from back to back titles

got lucky.. figures I messed up and left Anquan Boldin on the roster instead of Cobb..  Undecided Boldin puts up a big fat 0 and I lose by 1.34 points. I bet I out score the rest of the teams the rest of the games..

Either way.. congrats..

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2012, 06:29:21 am »

You still have a big hurdle to jump my friend.

I won it 2 years ago and don't plan on losing now.  Good luck.
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2012, 07:07:10 am »

Pats2006 - Boldin screwed me too.  I started him over Michael Crabtree....and lost by 2 points.  yeah.....

Tenshot - Love it.  May the best man win!!

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #87 on: December 24, 2012, 06:18:18 am »

In an epic high scoring affair, I would like to announce the winner of TDMMC Fantasy Football 2012....me

Pats2006
Uber Member

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
« Reply #88 on: December 24, 2012, 08:08:05 am »

Good season guys.. I started of strong and choked at the end.. next year

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #89 on: December 24, 2012, 08:13:00 am »

Congrats! It was a fun year!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »