Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:05:16 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Olympics vs. Hard Knocks (Dolphins)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Olympics vs. Hard Knocks (Dolphins)  (Read 2649 times)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 12:04:05 pm »

I believe that if you are watching Hard Knocks of a random team, its because you love football and are a hardcore NFL fan.

Hardcore NFL fans can not be placated by men's long jump, in general.  I fully believe that the Olympics are more for casual fans, while Hard Knocks is only for the fanatical.  I don't think they share a large portion of target demographic.

That, and they're not on at the same time, so you CAN watch both if you want to.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 12:11:27 pm »

That, and they're not on at the same time, so you CAN watch both if you want to.

And even if they were on at the same time you can set your VCR DVR and watch both this ain't the 1950s anymore when you could only watch a show when it is on. 

I have a friend who claims she hasn't watch a minute of live TV (other than the weather channel) in five years.  Everything else is off of the DVR.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
bsfins
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 12:54:19 pm »

Let's see,one of these things, I'm going to order a premium channel for a month minimum...

The other is going to have most the other channels run crappy reruns during the two week or so period,and I don't really give two shits about...

I've run out of movies at Redbox,that I want to see... Cry
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2012, 02:22:41 pm »

TDMMC has spoken.  It is apparently a non-issue.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2012, 11:33:41 pm »

I have a friend who claims she hasn't watch a minute of live TV (other than the weather channel) in five years.  Everything else is off of the DVR.
me too.  Maybe not five years but pretty close.  The only thing I watch live is the Super Bowl and some Dolphins games (at a bar or something).  Every other aired program is off the DVR.  Commercials can suck it.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2012, 05:05:12 am »

me too.  Maybe not five years but pretty close.  The only thing I watch live is the Super Bowl and some Dolphins games (at a bar or something).  Every other aired program is off the DVR.  Commercials can suck it.

I am pretty close also. I watch all sports LIVE, but anything else I watch. Like some drama's, reality shows, sitcoms....all on DVR and never live. Never watch them live.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2012, 12:51:56 pm »

I'd be watching Hard Knocks anyways.  Once upon a time the Olympics were important.  Now they suck and aren't worth watching because I said so.  So this is a pretty easy choice.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2012, 11:47:37 pm »

I will watch occasional live TV, but rarely, and only after I've checked DVR.   And then, it's news, sports, or shows I don't care about.  The minute a commercial comes on, I find a new channel and don't go back.  My TV watching habits have definitely changed over the last several years.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2012, 05:02:08 pm »

In an effort of full disclosure. I'm not sure if the schedule was not released when I first checked it or if I read it incorrectly. There will indeed be Olympic coverage on NBC at 10:00 on the 7th. I still don't think it will affect overall viewership of Hard Knocks though. In today's age people DVR and use On-Demand too much. Anyone who wants toi watch it will.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2012, 09:48:31 pm »

I have been watching Olympic coverage pretty much every night.  However, I have still been watching every episode of The Franchise, and I will do the same with Hard Knocks.
suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2012, 05:19:00 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAaTfJFZdDQ&feature=player_embedded

Hard Knocks promo

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray