Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:12:59 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Chad Johnson emerges as Miami Dolphins' top receiver
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Chad Johnson emerges as Miami Dolphins' top receiver  (Read 1679 times)
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« on: July 31, 2012, 06:19:34 pm »

From NFL.com http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82af0c1c/article/chad-johnson-emerges-as-miami-dolphins-top-receiver

"Chad Johnson looks like the best wide receiver in Miami Dolphins training camp thus far, according to Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald. In related news, he wasn't one of the New England Patriots' best six receivers.

The former Ocho's ability to climb the depth chart quickly after missing most of the offseason in Miami says more about the Dolphins than it does about Johnson. But it's an early sign that Johnson is on his way toward making the Dolphins, rather than just improving "Hard Knocks" ratings.

It's also a reminder what an uphill climb the Dolphins' offense has this year. No matter who wins the quarterback job, this just isn't that talented of a group at the skill positions."

-EK
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 10:35:47 am »

Maybe its a sign that last season was a wake up call for him, and he has worked hard to improve back to the old Chad Johnson.

You can't compare a player last year on a different team to a player this year.  Maybe the player improved.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 01:29:28 pm »

If Johnson shows up and teaches these guys some shit, our WR play will improve by leaps and bounds.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 03:15:59 pm »

You can't compare a player last year on a different team to a player this year.  Maybe the player improved.

Particularly given the long history of players that have done better after leaving New England. 

There plenty of players that did well in NE, left and then did just as well with there new team.

There aren't any players who sucked in NE under Belichick and then achieved greatness after leaving. 

I do think that Ocho will have better stats this year than last year.  But with only 15 rec for 276 yards that isn't much. 

But if Ocho is Mia's best WR, the Dolphins are in trouble.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 05:48:42 pm »

I hate training camp because of shit like this. I am out of town so I am reading and posting in spurts. In one of the other active threads I read, Bess was stated as the best receiver in camp. Just like Brian pointed out in the Tannehill thread, this shit is nothing but hype to create a buzz and controversy.

Do not believe any reports from training camp! The only way to know what anyone looks like is to see it for yourself. We all have enough experience to recognize this, but several people have a football jones and are taking any report read as gospel.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 06:10:47 pm »

I read, Bess was stated as the best receiver in camp.
And Hartline isn't practicing. It's not that crazy to think that Chad might be the 3rd best WR on the roster.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 07:30:43 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 06:44:54 pm »

http://www.miamidolphins.com/media/videos/Chad-Johnson-Press-Conference-Highlights/9647d13f-9d31-46d5-ae48-fbd883569c83#content-tools-link

Chad was "ON" today at this press conference! Vintage Chad Johnson! lol

This guy does make me laugh. I will give him that. Unlike the other "DIVA WR's", Chad is funny with his act. lol
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 07:40:09 pm »

I tell you what, I did like what he said there. I said that if comes in and plays and keeps his mouth shut that I would change my mind about him, well maybe asking him to keep his mouth shut is too much to ask. If he comes in and plays and wins the starting spot, I'll give him his due. He's still got a long way to go though, but it is encouraging to see that he's working hard.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 08:14:09 pm »

I tell you what, I did like what he said there. I said that if comes in and plays and keeps his mouth shut that I would change my mind about him, well maybe asking him to keep his mouth shut is too much to ask. If he comes in and plays and wins the starting spot, I'll give him his due. He's still got a long way to go though, but it is encouraging to see that he's working hard.

Chad gives this team, a team which is a little boring (in a good way though,) some spice and character.

The Dolphins roster is filled with a lot of lunch-pal carrying show up, work hard, do your job types. Which is good, I'm not complaining. Those are the best guys to have on your roster. But having a guy like Chad to stir it up a little isn't necessarily a bad thing because of the way he goes about it. It's essentially harmless (at least right now it is) and lite! Gives the team a little personality. Haven't had this since Joey Porter. Well, the early years of Joey Porter not the late years when he was a dick and refused to come off the field and was out only for himself!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray