Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:09:30 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Braylon Edwards to be a Dolphin??
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Braylon Edwards to be a Dolphin??  (Read 2953 times)
miamid45
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2012, 11:23:50 am »

Go with the young guys...don't need another head case overthehill WR....CJ is enough!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2012, 12:10:46 pm »

I'd rather roll with Hartline and Johnson and give BJ Cunningham or Julius Pruitt a shot.
Haven't heard much about Cunningham lately and earlier the talk was that he dropped too many passes. Think Jeff Fuller might have a better shot at making the team than BJ.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2012, 03:29:24 pm »

After all the crap Edwards talked about the Dolphins after they passed on him to draft Ronnie Brown, why would he want to sign here?

Why would it matter?  It is not like Joe Philbin passed on him it was Saben. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2012, 04:18:17 pm »

Haven't heard much about Cunningham lately and earlier the talk was that he dropped too many passes. Think Jeff Fuller might have a better shot at making the team than BJ.

Omar Kelly reported that Cunningham, Matthews, and Fuller have gotten few reps in training camp and had few in mini-camps and when they are on the field getting time, all of them drop a lot of balls. Although I read a report that Fuller had a very good day today, but still.

I think 1 or 2 make the practice squad. The other(s) get cut. Early reports aren't promising at all on any of these 3
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 04:47:15 pm by MikeO » Logged
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2012, 05:58:39 pm »

Omar Kelly reported that Cunningham, Matthews, and Fuller have gotten few reps in training camp and had few in mini-camps and when they are on the field getting time, all of them drop a lot of balls. Although I read a report that Fuller had a very good day today, but still.

I think 1 or 2 make the practice squad. The other(s) get cut. Early reports aren't promising at all on any of these 3
Omar tweeted the other day during practice that he didn't see any way that Fuller didn't make the 53 man roster. I think that was the day that he had a good day, but still I think Fuller has done better than the others have.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2012, 10:55:00 am »

Chad Johnson and Braylon Edwards.  Would've been a nasty duo about 5 years ago..now it's nothing but question marks

Agreed.  I tend to look at the Fins through rose colored glasses since I'm such a homer.  But when I try to be objective about it, I think that the signing of Ocho-, er, Johnson, and giving serious consideration to Braylon is a pretty strong signal that the Fins don't have a good group of receivers and that they are grasping at straws trying to find solutions. 
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2012, 11:15:56 am »

Agreed.  I tend to look at the Fins through rose colored glasses since I'm such a homer.  But when I try to be objective about it, I think that the signing of Ocho-, er, Johnson, and giving serious consideration to Braylon is a pretty strong signal that the Fins don't have a good group of receivers and that they are grasping at straws trying to find solutions. 
That's one way to look at it. Another way to look at it is since they haven't given Braylon Edwards a contract when he appears to be healthy that would indicate that Miami isn't as desperate as it would appear and were just checking him out. I think what has them the most worried is that Hartline hasn't been able to practice much. Once he finally gets healthy and if he's able to show the coaches he's capable which I fully expect, I think they'll relax a bit. While they haven't upgraded the receivers this year, if Chad Johson can make up some of the slack left by getting rid of Marshall and Clay, Egnew and Lamar Miller can make up the rest, they're in no worse shape then they were last year. You don't have to replace one high priced WR with another high priced WR. You can replace him with several more reasonably priced players and potentially be better off.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 11:23:04 am by Pappy13 » Logged

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2012, 11:30:27 am »

would indicate that Miami isn't as desperate as it would appear and were just checking him out.

Or another way to look at it is they realize they are more than "one piece away".  Edwards is one of those aging expensive FA that you sign if you think he is that one last guy you need to win it all. (e.g. Eagles mode last year).

By not signing Edwards you give more reps to players that you hope will be with you long term. 

Bill Parcells likes to sign Edwards type players.  But it is not the way they do things in Greenbay.

My speculation.  Ireland (a Parcells guy) invited him in for the work out.  JP (a greenbay guy) said no thanks. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2012, 12:26:35 pm »

That's one way to look at it. Another way to look at it is since they haven't given Braylon Edwards a contract when he appears to be healthy that would indicate that Miami isn't as desperate as it would appear and were just checking him out. I think what has them the most worried is that Hartline hasn't been able to practice much. Once he finally gets healthy and if he's able to show the coaches he's capable which I fully expect, I think they'll relax a bit. While they haven't upgraded the receivers this year, if Chad Johson can make up some of the slack left by getting rid of Marshall and Clay, Egnew and Lamar Miller can make up the rest, they're in no worse shape then they were last year. You don't have to replace one high priced WR with another high priced WR. You can replace him with several more reasonably priced players and potentially be better off.

I hope you are right and I'm wrong.  Dolphins success is much more important to me than being right in my assumptions.  LOL
bsfins
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2012, 12:48:20 pm »

Edwards is signing with Seattle...
Armando Salguero
Braylon Edwards signs with Seattle. Source close to him says Edwards was talking to two teams -- Seahawks and Dolphins.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2012, 04:23:02 pm »

Plaxico "BANG BANG" Burress is still out there! lol
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray