Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:18:49 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  First depth chart released.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: First depth chart released.  (Read 2143 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: August 06, 2012, 12:55:01 pm »

Preseason Depth chart

There can be no doubt now that Garrard is indeed leading the QB race. It can change once the pre-season games start.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 12:57:09 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Excuse me while I kiss the sky

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 01:12:09 pm »

Vontae Davis is the nickleback?  whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” -- John Lennon
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 01:23:27 pm »

"In no way, shape or form is this finalized," Philbin said on the release of the first depth chart. "It's a starting point."

http://www.miamidolphins.com/media/videos/Philbin-Discusses-Depth-Chart/5e03e51a-81a2-461c-a612-19e0edb6fe70

People always over-emphasize the first release depth chart.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 02:20:43 pm »

He was practicing with the 1st team at CB today and has not taken a single snap with the 2nd team. They are wanting to get Marshall some snaps at 1st team CB and when they move him there, they put Vontae on first team nickleback. They are both essentially 1st teamers, just a matter of who plays where in what coverage etc.

EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 02:26:34 pm »

Odrick and Wake at DE's is a NASTY pass rush. I guess one way of addressing the secondary issues is simply keeping the QB on his ass the whole game. -EK
el diablo
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 02:48:11 pm »

At least I have a "tentative" new right side of the O-line.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 04:22:40 pm »

Richard Marshall is a big-time tackler and good in coverage.  Vonate is being pushed.

Sean Smith cut his hair, lost 24lbs, and is now a "serious athlete" he is claiming (shocking it all happens when is contract is about it...lol) and the coaches love his attitude. I mean in the NFL these days you pretty much play 3 CB's all the time anyway and your "BIG NICKLE" package is on the field the most anyway, so whatever.

I still think this is the coaches trying to light a fire on Vontae but we will see. Richard Marshall is for real. Not a superstar but he is a professional NFL CB who can play.
Landshark
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 05:18:52 pm »

Take this depth chart and combine it with the fact that Brian Hartline is nowhere to be seen and something tells me he might've walked out.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 05:20:30 pm »

Take this depth chart and combine it with the fact that Brian Hartline is nowhere to be seen and something tells me he might've walked out.

Hartline is on the depth chart.

But for all the raves about Roberto Wallace since day 1 of camp;  how he is behind Pruitt and Moore is confusing. Either everyone is wrong on Wallace or the other guys have just outshined him of late.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 06:28:55 pm »

Just got done listening to a bunch of audio of players and coaches from today and the one name that keeps coming up over and over  is Naanee. I guess he has been a blocking machine in the running game and doing very well catching the ball and picking up the offense. Everyone from Philbin to Garrard to Tannehill has been raving about this guy.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 07:57:45 pm »

But for all the raves about Roberto Wallace since day 1 of camp;  how he is behind Pruitt and Moore is confusing.

Standard practice. Training camp reports are useless.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 08:11:54 pm »

Just got done listening to a bunch of audio of players and coaches from today and the one name that keeps coming up over and over  is Naanee. I guess he has been a blocking machine in the running game and doing very well catching the ball and picking up the offense. Everyone from Philbin to Garrard to Tannehill has been raving about this guy.
Ernest Wilford

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 08:15:59 pm »

Ernest Wilford

We will see. I think Naanee has a chance to start Week 1. He is even playing special teams so he is gonna make the roster and I think he will contribute. The difference between him and Wilford is Wilford actually got paid some to come here. Naanee is here making no real money. So, there is no pressure for him to perform. But from all the reports the guy has a chance to win a starting job.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, 06:24:12 am »

On offense? Ahead of who? All the reports I've read are that Johnson has ben their best receiver, and Bess is a close second. They're not going to move Bess out of the slot, so I'm guessing you think Naanee starts ahead of Hartline? I'm betting the only reason Naanee is where he is on the chart is because Hartline is injured atm. -EK
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 12:35:22 pm »

But for all the raves about Roberto Wallace since day 1 of camp;  how he is behind Pruitt and Moore is confusing. Either everyone is wrong on Wallace or the other guys have just outshined him of late.
Heard a lot about Wallace in OTA's, not so much since they started training camp. That's his MO I believe. Looks great in shorts when there is no hitting, not so much once the pads come on and DB's start getting physical.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray