Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:50:45 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  And so it starts.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: And so it starts.  (Read 3127 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: August 08, 2012, 03:20:12 pm »

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2012/08/the-differences-between-chad-johnson-and-brandon-marshall.html

This is what had me worried about signing Chad Johnson in the first place. I started to believe that maybe he had learned something from his experience in New England and was working hard to be a team player in Miami. No, this lone "I don't do media anymore" hasn't convinced me that he hasn't, but it's not what you want to see from him. I would have preferred that he simply took Philbin's words to heart and simply tried to tow the company line the best he could and it does worry me that it comes at a time right after the 1st depth chart is released showing him on the 1st string. What happens when/if he actually is the starting WR in game 1? I don't have a good feeling about that.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 04:09:45 pm »

Why not?

I can't understand why people can't understand that players change year-to-year, system-to-system.

Let's see how he does before running him out of town, shall we?
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 04:11:50 pm »

I'm not sure what your beef is. Johnson's attitude has never been anything near Marshall's. Is your beef the lone comment? Johnson is and always has been a jokester. Marshall is a cancer. Are your trying to compare them? Your article does the job of sayign they aren't the same so I don't think that is your point.

I can see having concern about his abilities after last season, but he looked pretty good from what I was able to see last night.

I'm just not sure what your point is here (other than not being happy about having him).
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 04:13:22 pm »

Don't care. Not a story. I'm so over people looking for players who have no character issues while the team sucks yet another year. Give me all the head cases and psychotic idiots in the league if they can give Miami a winning season. The Saints had bounties and Pats had Spygate, and I'd trade records with either of them. I seriously don't care if #85 plays the entire season in a pink dress and glitter if he produces and the team wins. -EK
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 04:14:40 pm »

Give me all the head cases and psychotic idiots in the league if they can give Miami a winning season.

Wasn't this the Bengals for like 5-8 years?
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 04:43:10 pm »

Your article does the job of sayign they aren't the same so I don't think that is your point.
First off, it has nothing to do with Marshall.

What I'm saying is that it's still pre-season and we haven't even played a single pre-season game yet and I'm worried that a flippant comment in pre-season is a precursor to things to come in the regular season.

I'm all for Johnson coming in and performing well during the season and then loosening up a bit, I'm not at all in favor of Johnson doing that PRIOR to him performing well. He's earned nothing yet and will have earned nothing even if he is starting week 1. Once he starts catching passes and scoring TD's, THEN he can start to play the part of the diva receiver if he so chooses, until then I would think it wise for him to just tow the company line and like it.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 05:07:01 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 04:44:21 pm »

I seriously don't care if #85 plays the entire season in a pink dress and glitter if he produces and the team wins. -EK
Me either, however if he doesn't produce and the team doesn't win, it's another matter entirely.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 04:46:47 pm »

I really don't think that comment means much of anything. There also is no conveyance of the tone behind it. Either of us could be taking it the wrong way, but given Johnson's history I would bet money you are reading too much into it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 04:55:37 pm »

^^Given the fact that all I'm reading into it is exactly what has been reported, I doubt it. Chad gave a press conference and sprinkled in a lot of choice words. Philbin didn't appreciate it and talked with Chad about how he presents himself since he's representing the Dolphins when giving press conferences about his play. Chad then proceeds to tell the media that "He doesn't do media anymore". I don't think that's what Philbin had in mind when he had the talk with Chad. What Philbin said and what Chad did are 2 different things. I wonder if Chad understands that? I certainly do and so did the media. I'm willing to overlook it, but it still worries me.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 04:58:07 pm »

Me either, however if he doesn't produce and the team doesn't win, it's another matter entirely.

It's not rocket science in the NFL. Who are the good teams year after year, NE, Pitt, GB, Giants..etc. What is the one thing they have in common. For the most part they have no or very few knuckleheads on their roster. They have the majority of their roster filled with "HIGH CHARACTER" guys. And when they do get a kuncklehead they run him out of town (Shockey with Giants, Holmes with Pitt..etc)

Every team will have 1 or 2 goofballs/clowns/bad guys, it's bound to happen. Fact is you can live with 1 or 2. You can't live with a few or a bunch  or a kliq of them and win consistently in this league. If you could the Jets would be working on their 3-peat right now!! But guess what, they aren't!

With that said, I have no problem with what Chad Johnson said today. Just shut up and play. That's all anyone wants anyway. I, nor do most if not the vast majority of Dolphins I would guess care if he does media or interviews. Nobody cares. Nobody F'n cares! Nobody cared in 2003 and nobody cares in 2012! Catch balls, catch TD's, and play well! That's what these guys (DIVA WR's) don't get and never got...nobody cares about the side-show circus stuff. Nobody cares if you do a silly touchdown dance, or give a funny quote, or do a goofy interview, or if your Brandon Marshall and you predict you will be thrown out of a game in the 1st quarter for fighting and act all outrageous. These guys (DIVA WR's) look like a horses ass with this nonsense and all fans care about is if the team won and did you help them win and not screw up and cost them a win!  Maybe it took Hard Knocks Episode 1 and a verbal spanking by Joe Philbin to finally get this through Chad Johnson's head.

Character Counts in the NFL!!!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 05:30:23 pm »

^^Given the fact that all I'm reading into it is exactly what has been reported, I doubt it. Chad gave a press conference and sprinkled in a lot of choice words. Philbin didn't appreciate it and talked with Chad about how he presents himself since he's representing the Dolphins when giving press conferences about his play. Chad then proceeds to tell the media that "He doesn't do media anymore". I don't think that's what Philbin had in mind when he had the talk with Chad. What Philbin said and what Chad did are 2 different things. I wonder if Chad understands that? I certainly do and so did the media. I'm willing to overlook it, but it still worries me.

Johnson knows that it was on TV last night. Maybe it was something but I don't think so. I actually envision Chad walking past and saying it with a smile rather than a pout. That is his nature. He cracked jokes through the entire episode.
el diablo
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 07:53:03 pm »

Another non story....
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 09:51:00 pm »

Can't wait till  Hard Knocks and hear what he was saying after he dropped that easy ball in the 1st quarter
el diablo
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 11:16:47 pm »

He doesn't do media. Remember?
phinphan
Uber Member

dcphinsphan dcphinsphan
Email
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2012, 12:07:00 am »

He quit talking to the media but he is still tweeting Huh
http://phinphanatic.com/2012/08/10/chad-johnson-pushing-the-wrong-kind-of-buttons-in-miami/2/
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray