Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:46:09 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game vs Bucs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game vs Bucs  (Read 2002 times)
Landshark
« on: August 11, 2012, 09:51:18 am »

Sean Smith, hands down.  Got burned twice, one of which was a 43 yard bomb that set up the Bucs second touchdown.  His fellow secondary mates fared little better.

Honorable Mention to Dan Carpenter for missing two field goals.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 02:05:58 pm »

The secondary as a whole (big surprise). HM to not only Carpenter, but the coaches for settling for FGs.

Re. the secondary, Miami faces Houston, NE (twice), Cincy, the Cardinals, Colts, and Bills (twice). All of those teams have Pro Bowl QBs, receivers, or both. If there's no improvement in coverage, I could see 6 losses among those games, even as bad as the Cards and Colts were last year.

Edit- from the Miami Herald:

"In the first half, Miami’s starting offense was shut out while the starting defense yielded two touchdowns — one to Tampa Bay’s starters and the next to a unit comprised largely of backups, including second-string quarterback Dan Orlovsky.

Orlovsky, whose claim to fame is that he was the guy who stepped out of the end zone during that winless year in Detroit, looked like a star against Miami’s defense.

He completed all eight of his passes and finished with a 114.1 quarterback rating....All things considered, the greatest disappointment of the evening had to be the play of the defense."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/08/11/2945806/miami-dolphins-first-team-players.html#storylink=cpy

And from Bleacher report:
4. The Secondary Is of Primary Concern

None of the cornerbacks were very good.

The most disconcerting part of Miami's terrible start was the secondary's inability to cover Tampa Bay's wide receivers. Things are not going well when Tiquan Underwood is torching Vernon Davis and Sean Smith, Miami's top corners if you discount the fact Richard Marshall got the starting nod over Davis.

Davis was benched because he had been outperformed to that point by Marshall, and he did not help his own cause with a poor outing. For all the talk about Smith's great camp, he was beaten several times.

There was really nothing good to see from that unit, which is defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle's specialty. "

If that's his specialty, Miami wins 6 games again this year. I know it's only week 1 of the preseason, but your starters getting torched by back-ups is not a good sign. And I'm not the only one who sees it. -EK
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 03:37:44 pm by EKnight » Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 01:21:11 am »

Chad Johnson.

He dropped an important pass.  On top of that, this is my only chance to give it to him.  ...and he headbutts women.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray