Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:30:19 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Over a third of the roster is either a rookie or a FA addition
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Over a third of the roster is either a rookie or a FA addition  (Read 1275 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: September 04, 2012, 01:06:30 pm »

11 rookies and 8 new free agents from last year's team, 5 of them could be starting game 1. Last time there was this much turnover the team went from 1-15 to 11-5.

Rookies:
Ryan Tannehill
Lamar Miller
Jovoskie Lane
Rishard Matthews
Michael Egnew
Josh Samadu
Jonathan Martin
Derrick Shelby
Kheeston Randall
Olivier Vernon
Sammy Brown

Free Agents:
David Garrard
Marcus Thigpen
Legedu Naanee
Anthony Armstrong
Artis Hicks
Richard Marshall
Troy Nolan
Anderson Russell

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 01:19:54 pm »

Last time there was this much turnover

You had a new head coach. 

Turnover is always higher when you get a new head coach.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Fins4ever
Uber Member

Dan the Dolphin

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 02:35:07 pm »

If I am not mistaken, Cunningham is the only player drafted from this years class to be cut. It is more than just having a new coaching staff. It is an entirely new direction; basically 180 degrees from the Sparano time frame. Gone are the days of big & slow & divas & under-performers.

There is obviously a plan in place. While the transition will take time and no doubt be painful, it is still exciting. I love how the FO has stocked picks for next years draft. 

To lack vision is worse than being blind - Helen Keller
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 02:40:43 pm »

While I agree with the above, even alluding to "the last time there was this much turnover" and mentioning the 1-15 to 11-5 is just ridiculousness. This is a 5 win team. They have a very bright future down the road, but they're not making some sort of incredible turn around THIS year. Stop giving yourselves false hope, folks. -EK
Fins4ever
Uber Member

Dan the Dolphin

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 02:49:14 pm »

While I agree with the above, even alluding to "the last time there was this much turnover" and mentioning the 1-15 to 11-5 is just ridiculousness. This is a 5 win team. They have a very bright future down the road, but they're not making some sort of incredible turn around THIS year. Stop giving yourselves false hope, folks. -EK

LOL. I am guessing 6-1- or 7-9 considering the schedule.

I refer to 2008 as the perfect storm that put the team back years. The easy schedule, the gimmicky wildcat, a career year for Penny, winning the close ones....all added up to be a fluke and unsustainable. The record was better than the team and it quickly showed in the playoffs where Balt. dominated.

To lack vision is worse than being blind - Helen Keller
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 02:59:54 pm »

LOL. I am guessing 6-1- or 7-9 considering the schedule.

I refer to 2008 as the perfect storm that put the team back years. The easy schedule, the gimmicky wildcat, a career year for Penny, winning the close ones....

You left out a biggy....division rival loses league MVP 10 mins into the first quarter of game one. 

You would not have won the division or made the playoffs without that. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
bsfins
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 03:12:22 pm »

Garrard is being released,so scratch him...

I like that most of those are additions are young guy's...
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 04:14:29 pm »

You'll notice I didn't make any predictions, just thought I would throw that in there. While I agree that this team is most likely headed for a 5 or 6 win season, you just never know. Who would have thought the Dolphins were gonna go 11-5 in 2008?

With all the talk of gloom and doom for the Dolphins this year I still think it's possible that Miami wins 5 or 6 games. I would be okay with that as long as Tannehill is the QB the whole year and continues to progress. With another decent draft next year (I think this year's draft could easily be the top draft in the past decade) things would be looking up.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 04:34:47 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 04:25:32 pm »

You left out a biggy....division rival loses league MVP 10 mins into the first quarter of game one. 

You would not have won the division or made the playoffs without that.
MIA went 1-1 against NE in 2008.  Do you really think Tom Brady was the difference between losing and winning the Wildcat game?

Perhaps you mean the other losses for which Cassel was at the helm.  Those would be:

IND, SD, PIT, NYJ

Those are not exactly pushover teams (except NYJ, but you lost to them twice with a vastly superior team in 2010, so...)

For purposes of comparison, NE was 11-5 with Cassel in 2008 and 10-6 with Brady in 2009.  The conclusion you have reached is not as foregone as you suspect.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 04:30:05 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray