Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:44:20 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  How I imagined the pre-game talk by Philbin.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How I imagined the pre-game talk by Philbin.  (Read 2083 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: September 09, 2012, 01:34:09 pm »

"All right people, we got 10 minutes 'till game time, let's all gather 'round. I'm not much for giving inspirational addresses, but I'd just like to point out that every newspaper in the country has picked us to finish last. The local press seems to think that we'd save everyone the time and trouble if we just went out and shot ourselves. Me, I'm for wasting sportswriters' time. So I figured we ought to hang around for a while and see if we can give 'em all a nice big shitburger to eat!" [entire team laughs] - Lou Brown (Cleveland Indians)

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Excuse me while I kiss the sky

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 05:30:16 pm »

Why I love this site:  I come to complain about the Dolphins, but stay for the 'Major League' references

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” -- John Lennon
Landshark
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 11:54:31 pm »

Why I love this site:  I come to complain about the Dolphins, but stay for the 'Major League' references

I want to remind you fans about die hard day coming up at Sun Life Stadium.  Free admission to anyone who was alive the last time the Dolphins actually won a Super Bowl
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 01:28:56 am »

I'd be offended by that remark if I wasn't so old.  Evil

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
jimmythefinger

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 09:16:30 am »

"Okay, men... This is it. Opening Day. I want everyone to make sure their shoes are tied, and that's you've all gone wee-wee. And if you see any gum wrappers or other little trash and litter on the field please pick it up. I need it for my collection. So far, through pre-Season, you could put a Dolphin cap on a chimpanzee and he'd have the same won-loss record as I have. I want you to know that both Mike Sherman and I have stayed up late every night trying to figure out a way to keep that streak going, but we wouldn't be in a position to shoot for such lofty goals if it weren't for the tireless efforts of Jeff Ireland. So let's go out there today and win one for the Gifford!"
Landshark
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 11:17:00 pm »

In case you haven't noticed, and judging by the attendance you haven't, the Dolphins managed to win a game yesterday and are threatening to climb out of the cellar.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 07:56:53 am by Landshark » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray