Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:21:46 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Replacement Refs [merged x2]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Print
Author Topic: Replacement Refs [merged x2]  (Read 41740 times)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #210 on: September 26, 2012, 12:05:21 pm »

There's another angle from the far end zone that gives you a better look.  Jennings gets possession in the air while Tate has one hand barely touching the ball and the other off elsewhere.  Saw it on SportsCenter yesterday.  I will try to find it.

Edited to add:
Pictures.  Note the arrows to indicate where the ball is and Tate's arm, not on the ball.
Sorry for the terrible quality couldn't find an HD video...

How do you have possession when one arm is off the ball?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 12:27:01 pm by Brian Fein » Logged
suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #211 on: September 26, 2012, 02:20:37 pm »

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/09/26/nfl-referees-association-officials-agreement-near/70001190/1

Close to agreement. Not sure if it's in this article but I think it Mortensen who broke it and claimed officials could be back by this weekend.

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #212 on: September 26, 2012, 03:40:05 pm »

If/when they do come back, it's still going to take them a bit to get back up to speed.  As the scabs proved, you just can't march in overnight and be ready.
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #213 on: September 26, 2012, 04:02:54 pm »

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/09/26/nfl-referees-association-officials-agreement-near/70001190/1

Close to agreement. Not sure if it's in this article but I think it Mortensen who broke it and claimed officials could be back by this weekend.

I have heard this too and although I find it unlikely they said they would be ready for tomorrow nights game.

If/when they do come back, it's still going to take them a bit to get back up to speed.  As the scabs proved, you just can't march in overnight and be ready.

I'm not sure that can be any worse than what we have now.....at least the regular refs understand the basic fundamentals and rules of the NFL game!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #214 on: September 26, 2012, 04:04:54 pm »

I'm not sure that can be any worse than what we have now.....at least the regular refs understand the basic fundamentals and rules of the NFL game!!!!!

Agreed.  Even on their worst day, I don't think the real refs could officiate the abortions we've seen this season.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #215 on: September 26, 2012, 05:51:54 pm »

Jennings gets possession in the air while Tate has one hand barely touching the ball and the other off elsewhere. 

Posession is not the word you are looking for. Read the rules they posted. You are feeding Pappy's argument by saying posession. Control is the key word.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #216 on: September 27, 2012, 01:21:20 am »

Yes control. I meant possession in the normal speaking sense, not in the football jargon sense. Control is fine as well.

By rule, in order for it to be a simultaneous catch, both players must gain control and retain control. If either player relinquished control at any time, it is no longer a simultaneous catch. Very clear.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #217 on: September 27, 2012, 01:31:23 pm »

You are feeding Pappy's argument by saying posession.
And we can't have THAT!  Evil The guy has a big enough head as it is! Grin

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray