Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2026, 01:09:23 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Stats for Hartline compared to....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Stats for Hartline compared to....  (Read 34230 times)
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 5315


Go Phins!!!!!


WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 07:19:53 pm »

Have always hated Hartline and 1 good week will not change that...

Could be better than Marshall....am anticipating Hartline to out gain Marshall this season.

Don't see that happening by any stretch of the imagination. However if both players stay healthy and Hartline outgains Marshall I will send you $100.00 and never say another negative thing about him.  Grin
Logged

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 28299

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2012, 09:44:20 am »

^^ Big words...  What if Hartline has more catches than Marshall?

What if it gets normalized by salary?  If they're even in the same ballpark in yards, and Marshall's salary is 4-5x Hartline's, isn't that better?
Logged
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 5315


Go Phins!!!!!


WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2012, 04:32:50 pm »

^^^^^If both are healthy and he out gains Marshall in yardage I will in fact pay the money. I would never state something like that if I didn't have the balls to back it up. I don't care about the contracts or the catches....I was referring to his out gaining Marshall comment. Bookmark this for refernece after the season if I lose I will send the man $100.00. That is how confident I am that will never happen.  Grin
Logged

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 28299

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2012, 04:48:50 pm »

I don't doubt that you will...  However, from a football perspective, if you can have a guy that gets 87 catches for 1400 yards and costs 16million bucks, or a guy that gets 79 balls for 1320 yards and makes 3.5 million...  What's the better bang for the buck?
Logged
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 5315


Go Phins!!!!!


WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2012, 05:43:50 pm »

^^^^Clearly the gentleman that makes 3.5 million is by far the greater bang for you buck.

I have stated this before though....I hate Brian Hartline.....I am very biased against him I admit it. I don't see him having a 1000 yard season. I hope like hell he does, I hope he proves me wrong and goes for 1600 yards and 12 touches.....I just don't see it. Everyone is all up on him because he had a big game and even I cheered for him this weekend. I just don't think he can do it consitently enough to be considered a true #1 wideout in this league. Time will tell as I want to like him, I really do....but you know how it goes there is alwasy one player you just don't care for.
Logged

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
miamid45
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 569


« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2012, 10:05:17 pm »

Have always hated Hartline and 1 good week will not change that...

Don't see that happening by any stretch of the imagination. However if both players stay healthy and Hartline outgains Marshall I will send you $100.00 and never say another negative thing about him.  Grin

Wow!  Probably a long shot, but I'll keep rooting for the Fins and Hartline and smile as the Bears with their 2 premadonnas (Cutler and Marshall) implode.
Logged
miamid45
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 569


« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2012, 10:10:39 pm »

^^^^^If both are healthy and he out gains Marshall in yardage I will in fact pay the money. I would never state something like that if I didn't have the balls to back it up. I don't care about the contracts or the catches....I was referring to his out gaining Marshall comment. Bookmark this for refernece after the season if I lose I will send the man $100.00. That is how confident I am that will never happen.  Grin

By the way:

Hartine >    161yds

Marshall >   143yds

 Grin
Logged
jimmythefinger
Junior Member
**
Posts: 86


Email
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2012, 07:54:30 am »

Hartline had great game against a very weak defender, and should do well in Philbin's short-passing offense, but let's not get nuts. At best he is a possession receiver. He gets absolutely NO YAC. Like, zero. And those short out routes are pretty dangerous. I HATE hearing about Darelle Revis all the time, but if he suits up this week Hartline might have 2 catches for negative yards, and if they try throwing him one of those short outs it's 50-50 Revis doesn't take it to the house for a Pick 6. Every team in the League has seen this now, and if the Miami Coaches keep trying that without introducing a wrinkle or two it's simply not going to work all year long. This is frankly where we see just how smart the Coaches are.

Anyone who prefers Hartline to Brandon Marshall is foolish. Even with the occasional drops Marshall's got twice the potential. I also remember Marshall pulling in a long TD pass last year with the DB dragging him down by his neck.

We still need a true #1 or a legitimate Deep Threat or the team goes nowhere.
Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 17893


cf_dolfan
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2012, 09:15:02 am »

Anyone who prefers Hartline to Brandon Marshall is foolish. Even with the occasional drops Marshall's got twice the potential.
This is one of those few times that I disagree with AZ but I think Hartline is pretty good for what he does.

Oh yes about Marshall's potential .... potential has never accomplished anything. You have to use it. I know many with potential who never accomplished a thing.
Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 15955



« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2012, 09:35:08 am »

Hartline had great game against a very weak defender, and should do well in Philbin's short-passing offense, but let's not get nuts. At best he is a possession receiver. He gets absolutely NO YAC. Like, zero. And those short out routes are pretty dangerous.

While I agree Hartline typically catches balls that result in little to no gain afterward, he averages over 13 yards per catch. Since when is that a short route?
Logged
MikeO
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 13582


« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2012, 05:14:29 pm »

Hartline had great game against a very weak defender, and should do well in Philbin's short-passing offense, but let's not get nuts. At best he is a possession receiver. He gets absolutely NO YAC. Like, zero. And those short out routes are pretty dangerous. I HATE hearing about Darelle Revis all the time, but if he suits up this week Hartline might have 2 catches for negative yards, and if they try throwing him one of those short outs it's 50-50 Revis doesn't take it to the house for a Pick 6. Every team in the League has seen this now, and if the Miami Coaches keep trying that without introducing a wrinkle or two it's simply not going to work all year long. This is frankly where we see just how smart the Coaches are.

Anyone who prefers Hartline to Brandon Marshall is foolish. Even with the occasional drops Marshall's got twice the potential. I also remember Marshall pulling in a long TD pass last year with the DB dragging him down by his neck.

We still need a true #1 or a legitimate Deep Threat or the team goes nowhere.


Did we find EK's new message board handle? LOL Occasional drop??!! LOL, dude is like 1st or 2nd in the league when it comes to drops the past few years.
Logged
MikeO
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 13582


« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2012, 05:15:42 pm »

This is one of those few times that I disagree with AZ but I think Hartline is pretty good for what he does.

Oh yes about Marshall's potential .... potential has never accomplished anything. You have to use it. I know many with potential who never accomplished a thing.

Give me Hartline every day of the week. Maybe Marshall has more physical tools but at least Hartline tries and doesn't trash his teammates and coaching staff. Nor does he get arrested like 5 times a year or are involved with the cops in some way shape or form constantly.
Logged
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 5315


Go Phins!!!!!


WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2012, 06:36:22 pm »

By the way:

Hartine >    161yds

Marshall >   143yds

 Grin

LOL I was fully aware of that when I made that statement. Still a lot of football left this year and Marhsall had a terrible week last week. I will be keeping an eye on this as I am sure you will as well!!!!!  Grin
Logged

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 5315


Go Phins!!!!!


WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2012, 06:38:43 pm »

This is one of those few times that I disagree with AZ

Sorry CF that is not allowed....you must agree with everything.....all the time!!!!!  Wink
Logged

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
jimmythefinger
Junior Member
**
Posts: 86


Email
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2012, 08:14:43 am »

Hartline is excellent at what he does. Would be a great compliment to a #1 Receiver. But fact is Dolphins need a true #1 or a deep threat. Hartline is neither.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray


Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines