Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2026, 01:08:18 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Stats for Hartline compared to....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Stats for Hartline compared to....  (Read 34201 times)
bsfins
Guest
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2012, 12:17:45 pm »

I'm going to get ripped for this...and Hijack it with a baseball reference...(returning back from a rah,rah speech from my boss  Cheesy)

Marshall is that guy that with a man on second down by 1,in the 9th with 1 out....Swinging at everything,trying to knock the ball back to the factory it where it was made...Makes a non productive out......At the end of the year you flip over their trading card,they've hit 30 hr's and drove in 100 RBI's...but you remember all those failures,and rarely remember one of his "Clutch" moments.It's just the way I see Brandon Marshall now...

I'm sorry, I'm done talking about Brandon Marshall...He's a Bear,He aint comin' back.I'd rather focus on who's here,and this team....Here's hoping to Bess,Hartline,Fasano have more Clutch moments for us this year.....
Logged
MikeO
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 13582


« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2012, 12:20:06 pm »

I'm going to get ripped for this...and Hijack it with a baseball reference...(returning back from a rah,rah speech from my boss  Cheesy)

Marshall is that guy that with a man on second down by 1,in the 9th with 1 out....Swinging at everything,trying to knock the ball back to the factory it where it was made...Makes a non productive out......At the end of the year you flip over their trading card,they've hit 30 hr's and drove in 100 RBI's...but you remember all those failures,and rarely remember one of his "Clutch" moments.It's just the way I see Brandon Marshall now...

I'm sorry, I'm done talking about Brandon Marshall...He's a Bear,He aint comin' back.I'd rather focus on who's here,and this team....Here's hoping to Bess,Hartline,Fasano have more Clutch moments for us this year.....

Totally agree! Marshall is a clown and glad he is gone!
Logged
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 28299

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2012, 02:04:27 pm »

Marshall is that guy that with a man on second down by 1,in the 9th with 1 out....Swinging at everything,trying to knock the ball back to the factory it where it was made...Makes a non productive out......At the end of the year you flip over their trading card,they've hit 30 hr's and drove in 100 RBI's...but you remember all those failures,and rarely remember one of his "Clutch" moments.It's just the way I see Brandon Marshall now...
Sounds like you just described Hanley Ramirez...

(Sorry, AZ)
Logged
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 5315


Go Phins!!!!!


WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2012, 03:07:57 pm »

Sounds like you just described Hanley Ramirez...

(Sorry, AZ)

Now you're going after my baseball team huh? LOL  Wink
Logged

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member
*
Posts: 2955



« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2012, 11:59:38 am »

Say whatever you want, but last year, Hartline dropped a higher percentage of balls than Marshall did. Of course Marshall had more drops, because he got targeted twice as many times. You can't argue with the numbers- they're absolute:

Hartline- 42 catchable balls, 7 drops (16.67%)
Marshall- 95 catchable balls, 14 drops (14.74%)

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/01/17/drop-rate-2011-which-receivers-are-dropping-the-ball/

Love to hear the Marshall haters respond to this.

After 3 games THIS year, Marshall is ahead in yards, receptions, and TDs, as he should be. -EK
Logged
Pappy13
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 8773



« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2012, 12:02:47 pm »

Say whatever you want, but last year, Hartline dropped a higher percentage of balls than Marshall did. Of course Marshall had more drops, because he got targeted twice as many times. You can't argue with the numbers- they're absolute:

Hartline- 42 catchable balls, 7 drops (16.67%)
Marshall- 95 catchable balls, 14 drops (14.74%)

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/01/17/drop-rate-2011-which-receivers-are-dropping-the-ball/

Love to hear the Marshall haters respond to this.

After 3 games THIS year, Marshall is ahead in yards, receptions, and TDs, as he should be. -EK
Good to see you again EK. We missed you last week. LOL
Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member
*
Posts: 2955



« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2012, 12:08:40 pm »

I kept quiet about the Jets game, so as not to be acused of being "Fireman EK." No real surprises. 4th quarter lead blown yet again; only Miami could lead a game for all but three minutes and still find a way to lose it. After three games, Tannehill is the lowest rated starting QB in the NFL with at least 2 starts (which I didn't think was possible after Cutler's second game). Sparano still fist pumping for Carpenter, just from a different bench this time. Everyone finds fault with the coaches, the play-calling, etc., but the fact is, the talent on the field flat sucks. It's 2012, and Miami has been "rebuilding" for two decades. -EK
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 12:11:01 pm by EKnight » Logged
bsfins
Guest
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2012, 12:16:14 pm »

And Marshall dropped another couple yesterday....One went off his hands and got Cutler picked...Wah,Wah,Wah...He's a Bear now...Not our Problem thankfully...
Logged
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member
*
Posts: 2955



« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2012, 12:19:12 pm »

No he didn't. Still listed at 2, just like last week:

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

-EK
Logged
bsfins
Guest
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2012, 12:26:36 pm »

^^ I watched the game...The weeks not over,it might not be updated yet....
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000064763/Rams-vs-Bears-highlights
25 secs into the highlights......hit's him pops right up...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 12:30:29 pm by Lil B » Logged
Pappy13
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 8773



« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2012, 12:26:58 pm »

I kept quiet about the Jets game, so as not to be acused of being "Fireman EK."
You also kept rather quiet after a Dolphins win when there wasn't much to be negative about, but the minute the game was over and Miami lost you were posting negative comments again. I suppose it could just be coincidence, but it sure seems you're more interested in posting negative comments rather than positive ones. I'm OK with that, that's your right, just an observation on my part.
Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member
*
Posts: 2955



« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2012, 12:45:15 pm »

I included Tannehill's performance from week 2 in listing him as the worst starting QB in football. "the minute the game was over and Miami lost you were posting negative comments again." is a little skewed. I made no posts after the Jets game. This thread about Marshall is the first one I've said anything in, and I purposefully stayed OUT of either of the Jets threads, but let's not sugar coat things- call a spade a spade. Miami lacks talent at every healthy position on the field, IMO, and their play shows it.

That's really beside the point though. I commented here to point out that Hartline actually drops a higher % of balls thrown to him, and the numbers back that up. No one seems to have any repsonse to that, though, because it would buck the conventional wisdom of the board as a whole. #shocker. -EK
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 12:54:49 pm by EKnight » Logged
Pappy13
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 8773



« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2012, 08:04:11 pm »

I commented here to point out that Hartline actually drops a higher % of balls thrown to him, and the numbers back that up. No one seems to have any repsonse to that, though, because it would buck the conventional wisdom of the board as a whole. #shocker. -EK
It doesn't change the fact that over the last 3 years Marshall is #10 in the league of highest PERCENTAGE of dropped passes (of those that have over 125 "catchable" passes). I'm not sure if Hartline didn't qualify for the list or just isn't in the top 15 of the list (I'm not a member of PFF and don't care to be one). This is of course only ProFootballFocus' numbers since this isn't an official stat and then there's the fact that Marshall was getting paid quite well for dropping all those passes whereas Hartline is cheap comparatively speaking, but NONE of that is important to you I'm sure despite the fact that's the main reason that most of us were glad to see him leave. It would be REALLY interesting to see a rating of percentage of dropped passes to salary for the last 3 years, my money would be on Marshall for the lead in that ranking. Smiley
Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member
*
Posts: 2955



« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2012, 06:50:31 am »

Mine wouldn't be, but that's ok. You're either missing my bigger point or (more likely) I did a poor job of presenting it. Let me rephrase- multiple people cried and moaned the whole time Marshall was in Miami because of the drops, and were soooooo happy to have him gone, then a ridiculous thread like this is started (and let's be for real- comparing a multi time pro bowl WR to anyone on the Phins roster = silliness), but the truth is, at least last year, Hartline on the field WAS Marshall, just without the catches, yards, and TDs. What's that leave? His higher % of drops. If you're going to blast one guy for dropping the ball, at least be consistent- Hartline is no better and last year was worse. -EK
Logged
miamid45
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 569


« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2012, 06:46:20 pm »

Hartline having a nice day...@ 165yds so far!
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray


Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines