Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:25:21 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Jets-Fins game
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Print
Author Topic: Jets-Fins game  (Read 45719 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« on: September 22, 2012, 01:36:45 pm »

Not a lot of talk this week on this board about tomorrow's game. I don't think we will see a lot of scoring. I don't see the Jets running on Miami. If Keller doesn't play that will really hurt the Jets offense. On the other side the Jets are gonna dare Miami to throw on them all day.  The Jets defense is solid and I think Miami will struggle to score points. I have a hunch it will be a touchdown or less type a game. A 3 or 4 pt outcome (that could go either way). Not sure if either side is capable of a blowout on each other since both teams have pretty solid defensive units. I think Week 1 was a bit of a fluke for the Jets scoring wise as was last week for Miami.  I think this game comes down to turnovers and field position. Which team can give their offense the best chance to score because neither offense is great.

And for the love of god if Tannehill happens to struggle Sunday vs the Jets and doesn't play a great game it isn't the end of the world. We don't need to hear the "HE IS A BUST" talk. Just save it. It's NFL start #3 for him and vs a good NFL defense and an excellent defensive mind in Rex. He is going to have his up's and down's this year and if he struggles vs a good defense it doesn't mean the sky is falling or he is a bust. 
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 02:43:20 pm »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/22/dustin-keller-will-not-play-on-sunday-at-miami/

Keller is OUT for Sunday's game
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 03:27:01 pm »

I briefly considered taking the Jests in the Eliminator Challenge, but under no circumstance do I want to be happy about their probable victory over Miami.

I predict at least one Tannehill pick 6.  I think this one could get very ugly for the Fins and could very well be a shut out.  This is not an indictment of Tannehill per say, but more of an indictment of a rookie QB going against a defense that can make any young QB look bad. 

I hope I'm wrong because I'd love nothing more than to see coach Fist Pump keep losing in Miami.
Fins4ever
Uber Member

Dan the Dolphin

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 03:57:19 pm »

I too agree it should be a close, low scoring game. For me, here are the keys...

Miami MUST put pressure on Sanchez. The Jets are not a big threat to run well, but the secondary needs to step up. 3-4 sacks along with 5-6 would be great.

Miami needs to have at least  a decent run game. I RT has to throw, esp. 3rd and long, we are sunk.

No turnovers on O, but create at least one on D.

To lack vision is worse than being blind - Helen Keller
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 11:18:49 am »

I agree -- not much talk, but what's to say?

I think that today is our real test to see what kind of team we are.

Key to the game: Pressure on Sanchez.

I drink your milkshake!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 11:27:32 am »

Watching some of the Sunday Morning shows, everyone expects Tannehill to turn it over like 4 or 5 times and the Jets defense are being made to be the 85" Bears.

While I don't expect a perfect day from Tannehill, I don't think he will be that bad. I think he could struggle and I could see us losing because of it.  Miami will have trouble scoring points all year. It's just gonna be that way. It's not like we have a lot of weapons on offense. I think though it's a touchdown type game that could go either way. 4-7 pt outcome. Jets probably win but Miami could win and I wouldn't be shocked.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 12:41:59 pm »

Marlon Moore inactive today for Miami.
suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 12:55:50 pm »

I took Miami and the points lol.

If Tannehill continues to suck we can pick up Landry or Barkley in the 4th or 5th round next year. Lol

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2012, 12:57:44 pm »

I took Miami and the points lol.

If Tannehill continues to suck we can pick up Landry or Barkley in the 4th or 5th round next year. Lol

When did he start?  Roll Eyes
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2012, 01:01:42 pm »

This is a tell-tale game for Miami in terms of what kind of season we are going to have

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Landshark
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2012, 01:04:11 pm »

Watching the game at home.  I see a lot of orange in the stands
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2012, 01:06:47 pm »

Don't know if I agree with that call.  That looked uncatchable.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Landshark
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2012, 01:08:06 pm »

Picked it off baby!!!!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2012, 01:08:38 pm »

Watching the game at home.  I see a lot of orange in the stands

It will be like that all year.
stealth3ltt

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2012, 01:10:00 pm »

JAVORSKI!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Print