Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:14:40 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Jets-Fins game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] Print
Author Topic: Jets-Fins game  (Read 45716 times)
jimmythefinger

Email
« Reply #285 on: September 23, 2012, 06:02:52 pm »

Fins outright GAVE this game away. Obviously Carpenter, but they could have tried to get him a little closer. Anthony Armstrong also dropped what could have been a key 1st Down, hit him right in the numbers. CB Marshall also deserves some of the blame. And Philbin's gotta feel like an idiot calling time out to ice the Kicker when Fins block the FG attempt. Also did not really see any concerted effort to work on Revis' replacement after he went out.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #286 on: September 23, 2012, 06:10:26 pm »

They were just trying to run out the clock. They weren't trying to score.
no they weren't. Had Bush picked up some yards we would have then tried moving the ball.  it's one of those things where, because of field position, you run a safe play and then if you break it you try to run it into something. I was listening on the radio at that point and that's how they portrayed it. You, and I , have seen people do that numerous times.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #287 on: September 23, 2012, 06:15:05 pm »

Fins outright GAVE this game away. Obviously Carpenter, but they could have tried to get him a little closer. Anthony Armstrong also dropped what could have been a key 1st Down, hit him right in the numbers. CB Marshall also deserves some of the blame. And Philbin's gotta feel like an idiot calling time out to ice the Kicker when Fins block the FG attempt. Also did not really see any concerted effort to work on Revis' replacement after he went out.

The icing was luck

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #288 on: September 23, 2012, 06:35:55 pm »

no they weren't. Had Bush picked up some yards we would have then tried moving the ball.  it's one of those things where, because of field position, you run a safe play and then if you break it you try to run it into something. I was listening on the radio at that point and that's how they portrayed it. You, and I , have seen people do that numerous times.

Philbin made the same mistake in Houston on week one.  Take a knee and go to halftime.  This is not a dynamic scoring team and under no circumstance were they doing anything but running up the middle and eating clock.

The injury is a freak one for sure, but it should have never happened.  That's on Philbin.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 06:37:59 pm by mecadonzilla » Logged
el diablo
« Reply #289 on: September 23, 2012, 08:15:35 pm »

Once again, it sucks losing a game you should've won. Looks like a week of avoiding sports talk radio. I can't take a week of hearing: "How the jets are on their way, Sparano gets his revenge, Is it time to start Tebow?"

On a better note. The Dolphins are showing more promise than I thought they would at this point.
Fins4ever
Uber Member

Dan the Dolphin

« Reply #290 on: September 24, 2012, 11:59:11 am »

Once again, it sucks losing a game you should've won. Looks like a week of avoiding sports talk radio. I can't take a week of hearing:

LOL Wait until next week. Everyone will be talking about the 4-0 Cards and asking when Tanny gets out of the hospital. Vick took a beating yesterday!

To lack vision is worse than being blind - Helen Keller
bsfins
« Reply #291 on: September 24, 2012, 12:25:54 pm »

Excuse me for the prickish anti Tebow comment here....It might have already been mentioned...

When we play the jets again....Every time Tebow doesn't line up as a QB, I would liked to seen him get jammed hard off the line of scrimmage...On Special teams make sure he gets blocked down...While the Jets aren't fully taking advantage of what Tebow is doing now (I was shocked at how little they used him yesterday.) I wonder if they'd use him less as a decoy (lined up other than QB) if he's taking unnecessary hits..

I'm not talking about Knee capping Tebow, the poor player that ever hurts Tebow  Shocked

el diablo
« Reply #292 on: September 24, 2012, 02:14:42 pm »

LOL Wait until next week. Everyone will be talking about the 4-0 Cards and asking when Tanny gets out of the hospital. Vick took a beating yesterday!

Cardinal talk, I can tolerate. But the green team from NY talk is nauseating. Once it starts, it doesn't stop.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #293 on: September 24, 2012, 04:23:05 pm »

Excuse me for the prickish anti Tebow comment here....It might have already been mentioned...

When we play the jets again....Every time Tebow doesn't line up as a QB, I would liked to seen him get jammed hard off the line of scrimmage...On Special teams make sure he gets blocked down...While the Jets aren't fully taking advantage of what Tebow is doing now (I was shocked at how little they used him yesterday.) I wonder if they'd use him less as a decoy (lined up other than QB) if he's taking unnecessary hits..

I'm not talking about Knee capping Tebow, the poor player that ever hurts Tebow  Shocked

Tebow was so god awful bad yesterday when he was playing offense  I wouldn't do anything different when we play them again. He went for a pass and the ball hit him in the head. He tried his little wildcat plays a few times and it blew up on him every time. Let Tebow be Tebow and don't mess with anything. Let him F' up on his own.

Aside from the fake punt he was worthless yesterday. On offense and hurt them more than helped them. And for the 2nd time in 3 weeks they line Tebow up at QB for a play it goes bad, the next play Sanchez is at QB and throws an INT. That is why it is a disaster for the Jets.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray