Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:11:40 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Bellichek MUST be suspended.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Bellichek MUST be suspended.  (Read 9603 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: September 24, 2012, 12:02:16 am »

He shoved a ref after the game.  Unreal.  He must must must get suspended.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 12:19:18 am »

He will be fined, but I doubt he gets suspended. It was more of a grab than a shove. There was no malicious intent.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 12:49:57 am »

Bullshit.  He pushed that guy.  There was no malicious intent?  What was the intent then -- to congratulate the guy?  Bellichek was pissed off and grabbed a ref's arm and shoved him because he was unhappy with the call.

Above all, you have to protect the refs.  If Ray Lewis goes and pushes a ref after the game, you think he's playing next week?  No fucking way.

You can't have a double standard and in order to have any integrity, the refs have to be 100% off limits.  It's already a mockery how these guys are treated, how coaches just yell and nag at them for the whole game anyway.  Now there's making physical contact?  No.  Suspend his ass.

I drink your milkshake!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 07:01:59 am »

He won't get a suspended but he will be fined for sure
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 07:41:40 am »

I'd say it was more of a grab ... but grabbing the officials is illegal too. I agree with Mike in that i think it will be a fine. I would be very surprised if he got suspended although it would be a very pleasant one!!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 08:10:01 am »

I don't think that was a shove.... He was trying to grab the ref to talk to him and the ref pulled away. It'll be a fine but I wouldn't expect anything else. Not that big of a deal.
Landshark
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 08:49:02 am »

Shove or grab, you can't put your hands on the official.  If Belichick gets away with this, then it will show that Kim Jong Goodell is clearly favoring him.
SportsChick
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 09:03:59 am »

I think it was a "what the fuck I wanted that FG reviewed" grab and will come with a hefty hefty fine along with Brandon Spikes for his footlocker wanting their employees back comments on twitter last night

I'm the girl that makes men jealous of my husband

I hate Red Sox and Patriots bandwagon fans. They give the rest of us a bad name
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 09:29:02 am »

Give me a break. I hate the guy, but Belicheat barely touched the guy. Had it been a receiver, there wouldn't even have been a flag for pass interference.

Was there "touching"? Sure. Was there any *effect* caused? No. Not that I could see. The ref just keeps running, bringing his arm forward and Belichick immediately releases. Again, if this were a defender touching a receiver, the correct call would be "no call", IMHO.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if "touching with attitude" would be enough to draw the ire of Goodell.
el diablo
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 10:17:34 am »

He should be suspended. But won't be. A player does that, he doesn't play next week. Why should a coach be any different?
Fins4ever
Uber Member

Dan the Dolphin

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 10:37:32 am »

Just saw the replay and he Belly could be seen asking for a review while reaching for the refs arm to get his attention. I can't stand Belly, but it was not a shove.

It reminded me of Randolph demanding "turn those machines back on" in the movie Trading Places after he and Mortimer had lost all their money to Eddie Murphy and Dan Akroid. Classic!!

To lack vision is worse than being blind - Helen Keller
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 10:39:20 am »

You cannot put your hands on the refs.  Period.

However, I think he was just trying to talk to the guy, and they were high-tailing it out of there, and rightfully so cause they did a piss-poor job officiating that game.

If he had walked up to him and put his hand(s) on the guys chest and shoved, then stood over him screaming and pointing down at him, then I'd say he's suspended, probably for the rest of the year.  But this was a simple call for attention, and I still say was not malicious in intent.

I hate Belichick, but call it objectively.
suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2012, 10:41:36 am »

He should be suspended. But won't be. A player does that, he doesn't play next week. Why should a coach be any different?

thread/

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
Fins4ever
Uber Member

Dan the Dolphin

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2012, 10:49:16 am »

thread/

You do realize your picture of Obama is actually a compliment to Carter, right? lol

To lack vision is worse than being blind - Helen Keller
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 11:46:00 am »

He will get a fine.  The only reason to suspended him would be to draw attention away from the fact it wasn't a field goal. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray